UnderGround Forums Rewatching Jones Gustaffson 1.

11 days ago
8/24/15

It was the spinning elbow that won it. Most judges have no business judging fights.

11 days ago
2/2/05

I know it’s kind of a boxing thing but I feel you have to TAKE the belt from a champion. These guys are hoping the judges give it to them. Someone needs to put a beating on him and visibly shake him. He walked Reyes down like he had zero respect for his power and that sways judges. Don’t hate the player

11 days ago
3/20/12

Gus won if you are using 10-9

when vegas odds get huge champs start winning rounds they lost...hence 49-46(that card is filthy doo doo)

Gus beat Jon up much worse that night and won on strikes, points, and damage.

Jon winning is nothing more than revisionist history my friends

11 days ago
5/28/03

I had Jones losing to Gutaffson, beating Santos and losing to Reyes.

Its either gonna be scoring the rounds or "you gottta TAKE it from the champ" bias that sways you.

10 days ago
2/13/16
wiggum -

FWIW, I think Jones won the Gus fight; clearly won the Santos fight; and clearly lost the Reyes fight.

I thought santos was a tossup and he clearly lost the Reyes fight... I’d have to watch the Gustafson fight again 

10 days ago
9/24/09

I remember thinking it was tied going into the fifth and Jon winning the round. 

I thought the Reyes fight was clearly a win for Reyes. I watched that 3rd round 5 times and I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone gave it to Jon’s. 

10 days ago
12/26/19

I thought Jones won pretty clearly. He's the only one that even came remotely close to stopping that fight. Gus had a couple takedowns he did nothing with, big deal. It's one of those cases were Gus did better than anyone expected him to, therefore they scored it with bias. Just like Brilz/Nog....The rematch easily proved who the better fighter was.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Gus won that fight 

10 days ago
1/21/18

I think Gus won. And for Jones or anyone to go around saying Jon came out the winner, probably has had their ass handed to them a few times and tell all their friends otherwise. He got beat up...10 rounds and jones is dead from blood loss

10 days ago
11/5/19
RightHandOfDOOM - 

I think Gus won. And for Jones or anyone to go around saying Jon came out the winner, probably has had their ass handed to them a few times and tell all their friends otherwise. He got beat up...10 rounds and jones is dead from blood loss

You think Gus, who was completely done after 5, could have gone another 5?