UnderGround Forums Reyes: Strip Jones of his belt

24 days ago
1/1/01

UFC light heavyweight G.O.A.T. is feuding with the league over the revenue share going to fighters generally, and himself specifically. "Bones" says he's content to not fight and wait for a release. UFC president Dana White says he believes things will work out, and Jones will fight this year.

Dominick Reyes. coming off a decision loss to Jones in February, spoke recently with Luke Thomas on SiriusXM's Fight Nation, and expressed his frustration.

“If he’s not gonna fight, then you’re done,” said Reyes, as transcribed by Jesse Holland for MMA Mania. “You’re done, you’re stripped, it’s over because he retired. I mean I guess it’s not stripped, it’s more retired. He said he’d walk away ... I don’t know, he’s trying to twist and make it so he can get more fans, ‘I’m a champion for the fighters, I’m doing all these other things.’ He should have just fought me. You can’t sit out two years with a new champion and then be like, ‘Well, I’m the undisputed champ.’ You quit.”

24 days ago
1/1/01
Reyes and Jan for the interim title.
24 days ago
3/22/16
Fuck the Interim. If Jones is refusing to defend and wants to "retire" for a few years, Then make it for the undisputed belt, take Jones off the rankings and mark him as retired.
24 days ago
1/1/01
Don J - Fuck the Interim. If Jones is refusing to defend and wants to "retire" for a few years, Then make it for the undisputed belt, take Jones off the rankings and mark him as retired.

I am down with stripping Jones of the title. I just dont think they will yet.
24 days ago
11/8/08

I dont think Jones is going anywhere. We've heard him talk like this before about retiring or sitting out over money so it's nothing new. The fact that the UFC hasnt jumped to put together an interim title fight or strip him of the title tells me that there is more going on behind the scenes between jon's managers and the ufc, despite what Jon says on social media.

24 days ago
5/8/16

They had no issue moving on from Cejudo when he said he was over it. I know Cejudo isn't as big of name but some consistency would be nice.

24 days ago
2/16/04

Should have been stripped for the roids

Edited: 24 days ago
3/19/04

Reyes vs. Santos for the belt if Jones doesn't change his tune in the next couple of months. How's Santos' leg?

24 days ago
3/15/07

If they strip Jones then there is no Champion’s clause in effect. They can’t risk losing him to Bellator or any other organization 

24 days ago
12/15/11

They should pay him.

24 days ago
5/5/09

I guess I am the minority here. I think its a cuck move to be whining about a belt you had a chance for against the guy whos holding it over your head, and you lost. 

Next

24 days ago
4/25/11
DKielbasa -

I guess I am the minority here. I think its a cuck move to be whining about a belt you had a chance for against the guy whos holding it over your head, and you lost. 

Next

But he won.

24 days ago
2/19/14
Canooke -

Reyes vs. Santos for the belt if Jones doesn't change his tune in the next couple of months. How's Santos' leg?

This.

That's the fight i want to see, anyways.

Santos and jones

How is Santos leg doing?

24 days ago
11/5/19
He’s defended 4 times in the last 18 months and in the last 4 months. And a couple of those 4 months not a lot was going on due to COVID.

He’s nowhere near getting stripped. Stipe has fought once in the last 23 months. DC once in last 20 months. Khabib once in 20 months.
24 days ago
5/7/10

This guy should just shutup. Jones heat him and he's all butt hurt about it. Let him cry. The light heavyweight division is the worst division in the UFC anyway. If Jones does come back I pray he goes to heavyweight. If not no one will even care to watch him fight sadly. 

24 days ago
3/18/14

It's all part of the negotiation process. However, he should retire while at the top

24 days ago
11/5/19
So are Reyes, Jan, and Santos just all sitting around waiting for Jones?
Edited: 23 days ago
4/4/12

Santos is scheduled to fight Teixeira in September so I guess his leg must be doing better.

23 days ago
1/1/01
Corn Pop - He’s defended 4 times in the last 18 months and in the last 4 months. And a couple of those 4 months not a lot was going on due to COVID.

He’s nowhere near getting stripped. Stipe has fought once in the last 23 months. DC once in last 20 months. Khabib once in 20 months.

I cant stand Jones, but that was well put.

23 days ago
1/1/01
Defend of vacate.
23 days ago
9/22/11

If we know anything about jon its that he is full of shit....he will wait till the last minute to accept a fight.

Edited: 23 days ago
1/4/09
Waxx -

They had no issue moving on from Cejudo when he said he was over it. I know Cejudo isn't as big of name but some consistency would be nice.

This is totally consistent. They treat draws differently than non-draws.

Jones is nowhere near the crossover stars in terms of popularity, but he's always been the most consistent second tier PPV draw in the promotion for the past decade. That's why the UFC has been willing to put up with all of his bullshit, and it's why they aren't in any rush to strip him despite the fact that he called Dana a liar multiple times and told him to fuck off.

If he didn't turn a profit for the company, he'd be getting ready to make his Bellator or ONE debut as we speak.

23 days ago
1/4/09
tenchu - Defend of vacate.

Why is this shit targeted at Jones?

He publicly abdicated the title multiple times last month. It's the UFC that refused to remove him as champ.

23 days ago
5/5/13

What is the record of getting stripped from your title?

23 days ago
9/13/18

Reyes is such a baby lol