UnderGround Forums Ricardo Lamas Ground Game > Ryan Halls Ground Game

Edited: 8 days ago
3/10/11

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/ufc-ricardo-lamas-hopes-ryan-hall-doesnt-underestimate-jiu-jitsu

“It’s a regular part of my training,” Lamas told MMA Junkie Radio. “I do it all the time when I’m down in Miami and I’m doing one-on-one sessions with Daniel Valverde, who’s one of the best practitioners in the world when it comes to BJJ, especially in the no-GI.

So I’m very confident in my game, and I think I’ve shown my BJJ can hold up with the best out there. In the recent years, I submitted the guy (Charles Oliveira) who has the most submissions in the history of the UFC. So I hope he doesn’t underestimate my ground game.”

I want some of what he has been smoking. Must be that good shit.

8 days ago
1/1/01

Talk is different than fighting. Lamas will not try to engage on the mat.

8 days ago
2/9/09

Lamas has to be trolling. Hall would eat him alive

8 days ago
8/18/13

Can’t wait for this, Hall is my most looked forward to as far as fighters go right now. His stand up last time out was so improved, if it’s as good again this time out, Lamas might need to worry about getting beaten on the feet. Because he’ll be destroyed on the ground obviously 

8 days ago
1/29/20

Ryan Hall vs. Gray Maynard was one of the most masterful fights ever. Lot of people hated it but this dude frustrated him then out struck him. I'm calling it right now... his fight vs. Lamas will be similar. Hall by submission.

8 days ago
2/2/05

I think lamas is gettin long in the tooth a bit. I got hall by dec

7 days ago
8/26/11

This thread has got me SUPER pumped about watching his next fight. I've always liked him. Hopefully he continues to have success.

7 days ago
8/19/03
anunaki -

I think lamas is gettin long in the tooth a bit. I got hall by dec

Agreed.

Llamas is/was no joke on the ground.  There was a time when he guillotined Do Bronx Oliveira, but he's fought an extensive list of killers and has taken some losses lately.  Also hasn't fought in a year.

He's still capable of KO'ing Hall on the feet.  Llamas is a longtime underrated guy. 

Intriguing fight.  

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

how is he trolling ? whats he supposed to say ? that he will lose ?

7 days ago
2/9/09
Winston Wolf -

No but maybe admit he wants to stand with the guy. Its like anyone fighting Maia, you don't jump in the water with the sharks when you can't even swim

7 days ago
1/1/01
Bend The Knee -
Winston Wolf -

No but maybe admit he wants to stand with the guy. Its like anyone fighting Maia, you don't jump in the water with the sharks when you can't even swim

Llamos has had many fights against many good fighters.He will  not divulge a game plan but may not run from grappling.That siad he should keep it standing why risk it But he not in fear of it

Edited: 7 days ago
11/20/09

Daniel Valverde is a legit bad ass. 

My first experience in jiu jitsu is when I went to a Big Nog seminar many years ago back when Nog was UFC hw champion.  Daniel was there, after the seminar he asked ifi any blue belts or higher wanted to roll.

One by one, he would tap a guy with ease and move on to the next one.  There was probably 12 people before one of Daniels training partners overheard me say, "man, I wish I could have a chance to roll with him but I'm not even a white belt". 

His friend said not to worry and that I could roll with him.

I did, and the craziest thing, I guillotined him.  He wasn't expecting it.  Just like I don't expect anyone of you to believe that lol

He tapped me in like 8 seconds.  The 2nd roll I lasted longer, about 20 seconds.  

Daniel Valverde has a jiu jitsu win over Vinny Magalhaes at a UFC expos jiu jitsu tourny several years back, he is the real deal. He's also smaller than Vinny, so you know his jiu jitsu is pure.

7 days ago
2/28/14
Smsgoat -

Ryan Hall vs. Gray Maynard was one of the most masterful fights ever. Lot of people hated it but this dude frustrated him then out struck him. I'm calling it right now... his fight vs. Lamas will be similar. Hall by submission.

Gray is still mad about that fight to this day. It's hilarious. Gray could do nothing on the feet and still refused to even try fighting on the ground. Delicious tears.

7 days ago
2/9/09
Winston Wolf -
Bend The Knee -
Winston Wolf -

Llamos has had many fights against many good fighters.He will  not divulge a game plan but may not run from grappling.That siad he should keep it standing why risk it But he not in fear of it

I agree, but he's never faced any with bjj as good as Hall as I can recall

6 days ago
1/1/01
Bend The Knee -
Winston Wolf -
Bend The Knee -
Winston Wolf -

I agree, but he's never faced any with bjj as good as Hall as I can recall

and Hall hasnt fsced anyone as good in MMA

6 days ago
3/19/04
Bend The Knee - 
Winston Wolf -

Hall's grappling accomplishments are not on Maia's level.

6 days ago
8/26/11
Canooke -
Bend The Knee - 
Winston Wolf -

Hall's grappling accomplishments are not on Maia's level.

There can be more than one shark

6 days ago
1/1/01

The strategy needed to beat hall makes for an incredible boring fight with lots of butscooting

Hall is great when it hits the ground and even his stand up is decent, most fighters do not want to grapple with him making it a shitty fight in my opinion 

hope I’m wrong though

5 days ago
10/31/07

I wish hall fought more, his strategy is always solid and his JJ is amazing to watch. People keep fucking him