UnderGround Forums Rogerio Bontorin hasn't eaten since Monday

8 days ago
1/1/01

16-1 Brazilian Rogerio Bontorin, 27, fought at bantamweight throughout his career, but when an opportunity arose to get on Dana White's Contender Series, and it was at flyweight, he took it. Bontorin won, was awarded a UFC contract, and is now 2-0 in the league headed into a fight vs. Ray Borg at UFC on ESPN+ 25 on Saturday night.

He hasn't missed weight, but trains twice a day during fight week, on Wednesday had 12.8 pounds to go, and it gets worse.

"I can't eat during fight week," he said to Guilherme Cruz for MMA Fighting. "I don't eat anything. ... I'm in this weight class because that's the spot that was open. For now, while I still can make weight, I'll stay here. It depends on my body. I'm still getting used to the weight class, actually. I only fought three times in this division, but it's working for now. ... I still can do it. When I can't no more, then I'll think about going back."

Ranked #7 in the UFC at flyweight, Bontorin has the highest-profile fight of his career on Saturday.

"It's an important fight because of his name, but all fights are tough," said Bontorin. "I won't let that add an extra weight in my head. He has a name, but I have more fights and more wins than him. ... What he does is take people down, right? He's a wrestler. That's all I think he does. Let's see what happens in the fight. I've prepared myself for this because he trades a little bit on the feet in the beginning of the fight and then goes for a takedown, so let's trade and see what happens."

On Saturday Bontorin will engage in as demanding a sport as has ever been devised. And the week before it, he doesn't eat. 

8 days ago
8/10/05

Yikes?

8 days ago
10/2/12

Very scary stuff. 

8 days ago
10/24/03

More weight classes needed 

8 days ago
2/11/20

Guess who I'm betting the house on?

8 days ago
2/28/14
The Sauce -

Haha no. Dudes just need to fight in a weight class that's appropriate for their body. If you literally can't make a certain weight without starving yourself for a week, you either lose weight in your daily life so there's not such a big cut, or you fight the next weight up and eat like a person.

8 days ago
7/28/02

I did it first

8 days ago
10/16/09

This is not how you cut weight lol

8 days ago
8/14/18

I'll fight him but I won't cut weight.

8 days ago
10/24/03
Gennady Goblin -
The Sauce -

Haha no. Dudes just need to fight in a weight class that's appropriate for their body. If you literally can't make a certain weight without starving yourself for a week, you either lose weight in your daily life so there's not such a big cut, or you fight the next weight up and eat like a person.

I disagree, in theory that sounds great. But that's not the reality of fighting. 

8 days ago
5/8/13
Lucas Maximus -

I did it first

You didn't even have to... I'll never understand that lol 

7 days ago
12/16/12

And then for Borg to miss weight for a 3rd time really sucks! See if he follows through with the retirement ultimatum he gave himself if he missed weight again. At least needs to move up. Or get cut after this fight with a loss honestly. Should be a good fightcard tonight can’t wait! 

7 days ago
12/16/12
DJANGO -

And then for Borg to miss weight for a 3rd time really sucks! See if he follows through with the retirement ultimatum he gave himself if he missed weight again. At least needs to move up. Or get cut after this fight with a loss honestly. Should be a good fightcard tonight can’t wait! 

Sorry 4th time 

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/ray-borg-issues-statement-after-missing-weight-for-ufc-rio-rancho/

7 days ago
5/6/16
How about have fighters weigh in before signing a fight deal/contract and would have to be within 15 pounds of that weight division?If not within 15lbs you will have to fight weight class up.If you miss your weight class for 2 pre fight weigh ins you will need to move up and fight at next weight class for good.
7 days ago
1/1/01
why would Dana even ask a guy to fight at a lighter weight, and i know he has done it numerous times

just seems retarded to me