UnderGround Forums Ray Longo likes Cowboy's chances vs. Conor

15 days ago
1/1/01

During a recent appearance on the Anik & Florian podcast, world-class coach Ray Longo discussed Conor McGregor vs. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Cerrone is coming off losses to Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje; Conor hasn't won in over three years.

“I really like Cerrone’s chances in this fight,” said Longo, as transcribed by Fernando Quiles for BJPenn.com. “And like again, the only thing that could beat Donald Cerrone is just father time. He’s getting up there a little bit, but I’m saying the Donald Cerrone of a couple of years ago is winning that fight and I really believe he’s winning this fight. I think he’s got more ways to win and he’s definitely competitive. He’s been active. I think he’s taken enough of a break where he should come in fresh and we’ll see what happens.”

“You know McGregor’s had a long layoff. He hasn’t had a win in a couple of years. I think the pressure’s on McGregor more than it’s on Cerrone by all means.”

Conor fights Cowboy in the main event of UFC 246 on January 18, 2020 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada

15 days ago
11/30/19

Punch a hole in his fucking chest! 

15 days ago
3/6/14

Ah.. Roy Longo  I know him well

15 days ago
3/29/13

roy longo the goat

Edited: 15 days ago
7/25/13

His brother Ray did a great job coaching Chris Weidman.

15 days ago
11/10/18

I’m not surprised to see Roy have that opinion. 

15 days ago
1/1/01
ironbelly - 

I read that and thought, "What idiot doesn't know his name is Ray?"

Asked, answered.

15 days ago
1/27/12
Kirik -
ironbelly - 

I read that and thought, "What idiot doesn't know his name is Ray?"

Asked, answered.

I like you.

14 days ago
1/3/20

Cowboy has had a great career. But seriously, where does he go from here? With both, a win or loss, he’s fought everyone. I see he negotiated a new show value of $2mil. I plan to bet the house that he loses. All signs point to him (semi?) retiring after this fight. He’s making bank, has a son, and can afford to chill and rest his brain for a bit. He know’s his times very close anyways. 

14 days ago
11/23/19

14 days ago
11/23/19
MAGAFighter Fan -

https://www.reddit.com/r/SerraLongo

14 days ago
2/20/19

I like Roy