UnderGround Forums Rumor mill is Cormier fights Yoel for LHW belt

9 days ago
1/1/01
IMasturNateConstantly - 

Yoel got kod at lhw in strikeforce

Anderson got tapped out twice in Pride.
9 days ago
7/19/13

I don’t like the thought of Cormier doing the yo-yo’ing between 264 and 205. 60 pounds up and down will take it’s toll on your brain’s ability to take damage. Especially not at 40 years old. 

9 days ago
11/17/11
KnockoutThoughts -

I don’t like the thought of Cormier doing the yo-yo’ing between 264 and 205. 60 pounds up and down will take it’s toll on your brain’s ability to take damage. Especially not at 40 years old. 

He came in at 244 I think and probably walks around about 235 when fighting at 205. He just got a little careless with the eating this time, but I don't think this is as bad you're making it sound with a 60 lb difference. 

9 days ago
3/22/16
A rumor started by Yoel's agent isnt much of a rumor as much as him trying to get Yoel to skip the line.

That being said, that fight sounds great. Im a fan of Yoel, but he should fight Gus, Oedzemir or even Rockhold again at 205 before any title shot given.
9 days ago
8/18/10

Not to mention high school wrestling season is November-March basically. 

I’d bet he only gets one last fight and it’s probably Brock. 

9 days ago
4/27/08
TheRealFOF - 

Yoels cock is going be gigantic at 205

I believe that's what OP meant by "absolute unit"...

9 days ago
1/24/16

That would be by far the sickest fight they could possibly put on. Please make it happen

9 days ago
1/7/09

DC by KD

9 days ago
6/6/17
I would bet my LIFE on Cormier lol. Even if I only get 20 bucks if I win. Thats how sure.
9 days ago
5/8/16
Moist Gracie -

^I should add this is the most compelling fight at 205. Not interested in Gus or anyone else there at this point. 

I cant watch gus.  Dont wanna see a fighter literally turn his back and run ever

9 days ago
3/12/18

DC painted the end of the road on the Post Fight Show. 

1- Defend LHW Belt Early October - Possibly Romero with Rockhold vs Gus on the same card. Hmmm

2- Defend HW Belt late December (6months from now) vs Brock. Maybe JBJ vs Stipe on the same card. Hmmm

3- Defend and Retire the HW Belt late March vs JBJ retire as the GOAT. 

9 days ago
11/17/11
Fahqhard -
Moist Gracie -

^I should add this is the most compelling fight at 205. Not interested in Gus or anyone else there at this point. 

I cant watch gus.  Dont wanna see a fighter literally turn his back and run ever

I'll watch Gus vs Overeem for the potential comedic value

8 days ago
7/14/17

Why do we want to keep giving this guy title shots when he can't win, and can't make weight, and has a history with PEDs? 

Wtf?? 

8 days ago
1/21/18

yoel should fight someone at 205 first? god dammit i want these fights but i want them legitimately for fuck sake.

8 days ago
9/27/15
The MMATADOR - 

1- Defend LHW Belt Early October - Possibly Romero with Rockhold vs Gus on the same card. Hmmm

2- Defend HW Belt late December (6months from now) vs Brock. Maybe JBJ vs Stipe on the same card. Hmmm

So Jon Jones is coming back and moving to hvwt? Him vs Stipe would be strange
8 days ago
11/18/09
Moist Gracie -
dhughes -

Makes no sense

I’ve been thinking about this fight for a while and it actually does make sense in my opinion. 

Yoel has had trouble making weight, so moving up isn’t a stretch. 

Hes been in title contention for a while at 185 so if he did move up, deserves someone in the top 3 at least or a big fight. 

Yoel is in the late stages of his career and let’s be honest, may not have another run in him. Him against DC could be a marketable matchup as two former Olympic medalists, and the style matchup is exciting. 

This would all make a lot more sense if DC didn’t just win the HW strap and a chance to fight the biggest draw the UFC has ever had. And how much he hates the cut. 

8 days ago
4/27/08
The MMATADOR - 

If Jones comes back he's going to ruin that plan...