UnderGround Forums Sage northcutt just go KOd

5/17/19 3:18 PM
2/14/14

That was quick 

5/17/19 3:34 PM
4/16/13

I wonder how many fights that Sage got on this deal. I also wonder how ruthless OneFC is with their contracts. I assume they might have even more power contracually than the UFC does in the USA. They can't/won't just cut guys like him and Eddie, cause ethey are trying to get other UFC athletes. I wonder if they demand they take a pay cut though.

5/17/19 4:17 PM
2/27/14
Rickmassmma -
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers - 

No idea he was fighting Cosmo Alexandre, not smart to try to strike with a fucking legit kickboxing world champ.

Brilliant matchmaking...let's take the young guy we hope is a superstar that isn't good at grappling, and put him in with a guy he can't outstrike...that is 37 years old, so in the event he beats Sage, we can't really market him.

It's as if they all sat in a room and said "what's the worst possible matchup we can find for our young guy we want to market?"

Cosmo is a world champion kickboxer, with a purple belt in BJJ, who is naturally bigger than Sage...and is too old for OneFC to make any money on. They basically gave their young superstar no path to victory against a guy they can't market now. I'm not sure I could have drawn up a worse scenario.

Maybe they're trying to make a point that their fighters are better then the guys that have came over from the UFC?

Seems like a smart tactic to me

5/17/19 4:23 PM
12/9/05
Alright Sage, back up into the ropes, keep your hands down, then circle into your opponents power.

Brilliant.
5/17/19 4:59 PM
1/15/15

That punch was fucking savage!

5/17/19 5:32 PM
2/8/12

Congrats to Krazy Horse.

5/17/19 5:54 PM
3/17/11
Floppy Divac -

I know he got ko'd, but I'm actually surprised he took that punch as well as he did.

Lol, I'd have been surprised if he'd done anything but fallen flat on his face..

5/17/19 6:21 PM
12/1/10
broken orbital 4 places is what i am hearing.

he has to stay there for surgery cant fly home with it injured because of the sinus damage.
Edited: 5/17/19 6:34 PM
4/16/13
HITMAN DAN DIAZ - broken orbital 4 places is what i am hearing.

he has to stay there for surgery cant fly home with it injured because of the sinus damage.

holy shit. hope he recovers ok. all jokes aside, the guy seems like all class. the jump to 185 was super ill-advised.

Edited: 5/17/19 6:51 PM
11/23/11

lotta MMA newbs in her talking nonsense.

Cosmo lost his Bellator debut to a karate practitioner.

Sage just isn't a good fighter.

has nothing to do with Karate.

5/17/19 6:57 PM
4/12/11

Should Sage maybe work on keeping his hands up like alot more?

Edited: 5/17/19 7:04 PM
4/25/11
RonaldRaygun -

holy shit. hope he recovers ok. all jokes aside, the guy seems like all class. the jump to 185 was super ill-advised.

It's not a jump ONE FC restricts weight cutting through use of hydration tests and other methods. They call 185 welterweight for a reason. Ben Askren was there 185 champion.

5/17/19 7:17 PM
2/25/06
Jamie nove -

He was out cold. I wasn't expecting that

He was out, but I wouldn’t say “out cold.” He was still moving around.

5/17/19 7:23 PM
4/16/13
Triple_B -
RonaldRaygun -

It's not a jump ONE FC restricts weight cutting through use of hydration tests and other methods. They call 185 welterweight for a reason. Ben Askren was there 185 champion.

I'm aware of their weight cutting policies. He could have easily made 170, even with the hydration tests. Not to mention the weigh-ins are private and there's been speculation OneFC is willing to bend the rules a bit on the weight cut standards. He looked unnaturally ballooned up for MMA and yet he was clearly the smaller fighter.

5/17/19 8:04 PM
12/25/15
Flyers179 - Alright Sage, back up into the ropes, keep your hands down, then circle into your opponents power.

Brilliant.

He still fights like a rookie and Cosmos is veteran champion. Very poor gameplan.

5/17/19 8:11 PM
11/15/04
Sergio -

Someone already updated his Wikipedia page lol.

Lol

5/17/19 8:20 PM
6/27/18

Argh, ow. Can't say I'm a Sage fan, but I'm never glad to hear of that level of injury in this sport.

If what you say is true, he's in a lot of pain right now. Here's to him healing fast and feeling better. 

5/17/19 8:53 PM
2/29/12
RonaldRaygun -
Triple_B -
RonaldRaygun -

I'm aware of their weight cutting policies. He could have easily made 170, even with the hydration tests. Not to mention the weigh-ins are private and there's been speculation OneFC is willing to bend the rules a bit on the weight cut standards. He looked unnaturally ballooned up for MMA and yet he was clearly the smaller fighter.

How do you know he could make it? What difference does it make if both guys previously fought at 155? He didn't fight Anthony Smith. He fought a guy same size as him. Weight didn't play a role in this.

5/17/19 8:59 PM
1/1/01
Rickmassmma -

No idea he was fighting Cosmo Alexandre, not smart to try to strike with a fucking legit kickboxing world champ.

Brilliant matchmaking...let's take the young guy we hope is a superstar that isn't good at grappling, and put him in with a guy he can't outstrike...that is 37 years old, so in the event he beats Sage, we can't really market him.

It's as if they all sat in a room and said "what's the worst possible matchup we can find for our young guy we want to market?"

Cosmo is a world champion kickboxer, with a purple belt in BJJ, who is naturally bigger than Sage...and is too old for OneFC to make any money on. They basically gave their young superstar no path to victory against a guy they can't market now. I'm not sure I could have drawn up a worse scenario.

I'm convinced they want the UFC guys to lose so they can make a statement that ONE FC is superior to the UFC. Look, all these famous UFC fighters are coming over here and getting wrecked. 

Good luck with that with Mighty Mouse.

They'll say we specifically traded for Mighty Mouse b/c we wanted him that much!
5/17/19 9:13 PM
1/1/01
Sergio -

Someone already updated his Wikipedia page lol.

Legit LOL OMG!

5/17/19 9:16 PM
3/23/12

Why is he at 185, and against a legit champion kickboxer?  What a stupid move.  Has he dropped his dad and gotten into a real camp yet?

5/17/19 9:19 PM
3/21/07

Circling to the power hand with left hand down.. Oof

5/17/19 9:30 PM
1/15/07
HITMAN DAN DIAZ - broken orbital 4 places is what i am hearing.

Damn. Do they have universal health care up in Japan or what?

5/17/19 9:30 PM
6/28/16

Schaub said about a year ago that he thinks Sage won’t be around mma at all in a couple of years, that’s looking to be a good prediction. WTF was up with Sage’s dad co-coaching with Uriah in the ufc? Strange deal...

5/17/19 9:45 PM
10/27/03
UGCTTNpNe -
RonaldRaygun -
Triple_B -
RonaldRaygun -

How do you know he could make it? What difference does it make if both guys previously fought at 155? He didn't fight Anthony Smith. He fought a guy same size as him. Weight didn't play a role in this.

They didn’t look the same size visually.  Sage looked like a midget in there against that guy.