??

5/17/19 9:40 AM
12/13/16

5/17/19 9:44 AM
10/30/03

Sage looked small and scared 

5/17/19 9:47 AM
6/20/11

That was a big shot. Was he convulsing ?

5/17/19 9:52 AM
4/27/07

Wow

5/17/19 10:00 AM
6/1/07
Another product of the UFC hype machine.

A freaky athlete who looks the part and has some flashy offensive skills, but lacks the boring basic fundamentals that separate guys with great potential from guys who are actually great. There have been dozens of guys like him over the years, and they almost always fail to reach their much ballyhooed 'potential'.
5/17/19 10:09 AM
6/27/18

Damn. Hell of a right hook.

5/17/19 10:11 AM
6/27/18

Real time:

5/17/19 10:15 AM
5/4/19

I think he needed more hair gel

5/17/19 10:15 AM
6/27/05

When he was faking those leg kicks he was begging to be double legged.  Not smart Sage...

5/17/19 10:19 AM
7/24/12

No idea he was fighting Cosmo Alexandre, not smart to try to strike with a fucking legit kickboxing world champ.

5/17/19 10:21 AM
6/27/18
Steve4192 - Another product of the UFC hype machine.

A freaky athlete who looks the part and has some flashy offensive skills, but lacks the boring basic fundamentals that separate guys with great potential from guys who are actually great. There have been dozens of guys like him over the years, and they almost always fail to reach their much ballyhooed 'potential'.

Harsh judgement, but I agree.

You could see Sage trying to do a karate style thing with his stance and his hands down. Meanwhile Cosmo was cutting off the ring and putting Sage in the corner with basic footwork. Then Sage misjudged the distance and didn't seem to realize Cosmo was in punching range.

I suspect Sage needs better boxing fundamentals, and also needs to be taught the differences between fighting in a cage and fighting in a ring.

5/17/19 10:25 AM
12/1/11

Someone already updated his Wikipedia page lol.
5/17/19 10:26 AM
11/24/18
Sergio -

Someone already updated his Wikipedia page lol.

Hahaha

5/17/19 10:32 AM
6/2/04
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers - 

No idea he was fighting Cosmo Alexandre, not smart to try to strike with a fucking legit kickboxing world champ.

Brilliant matchmaking...let's take the young guy we hope is a superstar that isn't good at grappling, and put him in with a guy he can't outstrike...that is 37 years old, so in the event he beats Sage, we can't really market him.

It's as if they all sat in a room and said "what's the worst possible matchup we can find for our young guy we want to market?"

Cosmo is a world champion kickboxer, with a purple belt in BJJ, who is naturally bigger than Sage...and is too old for OneFC to make any money on. They basically gave their young superstar no path to victory against a guy they can't market now. I'm not sure I could have drawn up a worse scenario.
5/17/19 11:08 AM
12/11/14

His dad is so grounding his ass.  What the frick. 

5/17/19 11:11 AM
6/1/07
Rickmassmma - 

Brilliant matchmaking...let's take the young guy we hope is a superstar that isn't good at grappling, and put him in with a guy he can't outstrike...that is 37 years old, so in the event he beats Sage, we can't really market him.

It's as if they all sat in a room and said "what's the worst possible matchup we can find for our young guy we want to market?"

Cosmo is a world champion kickboxer, with a purple belt in BJJ, who is naturally bigger than Sage...and is too old for OneFC to make any money on. They basically gave their young superstar no path to victory against a guy they can't market now. I'm not sure I could have drawn up a worse scenario.

They just learned the same lesson the UFC learned. No matter how 'marketable' a guy is, he still needs to be able to win fights. The UFC tried to protect him with favorable matchups and he still got knocked off twice by less than spectacular competition. There comes a point where you just have to accept that a guy ain't all that.

OneFC benefits from him losing because a guy who superficially did pretty well in the UFC just got his ass handed to him by a OneFC guy. That's something they can use to market the brand, even if it has limited usefulness in marketing a fighter.
5/17/19 11:11 AM
7/8/17
Rickmassmma -

Makes perfect sense to me. They want to prove to the world they have superior talent to the UFC so they grab a bunch  of UFCs talent and put them in hard matches, hoping they’d lose so their own stock goes up. 

5/17/19 11:26 AM
7/24/12
Rickmassmma -

I'm convinced they want the UFC guys to lose so they can make a statement that ONE FC is superior to the UFC. Look, all these famous UFC fighters are coming over here and getting wrecked. 

Good luck with that with Mighty Mouse.

5/17/19 11:27 AM
7/24/12
coryscandy -
Rickmassmma -

Makes perfect sense to me. They want to prove to the world they have superior talent to the UFC so they grab a bunch  of UFCs talent and put them in hard matches, hoping they’d lose so their own stock goes up. 

Just saw your response after I posted. I totally agree with that.

5/17/19 12:06 PM
8/20/03
Thebonfirexm - 

I fucking love one FC.

He got smoked. At 185.... wow

He didn't look chubby at 185 either.

5/17/19 12:30 PM
7/22/11

Multiple world champion in thaiboxning. And the fight was in a boxing/Pride ring that actually is able to be cutoff...