UnderGround Forums Seven fighters who could get next LW title shot

10/23/20 8:16 AM
1/1/01

The Poirier Conor winner could get the next LW title shot.

If Tony vs Chandler gets made that winner could get the next shot.

If Khabib vs Gaethje is a close war then we could see Khabib Gaethje II (especially if Khabib lost) as its trending to be on of the most watched fights in UFC history.

The last option is the GSP return.

So there it is... the next LW title challenger will be one of those seven men and they are all interesting options.

10/23/20 8:20 AM
2/9/09

I honestly have no interest in seeing Connor or Dustin fight for the title again with Khabib in there

10/23/20 8:25 AM
1/1/01
Bend The Knee -

I honestly have no interest in seeing Connor or Dustin fight for the title again with Khabib in there

Me either. Not compared to the GSP/Tony/Chandler/rematch options.

Even more than Chandler, I'd love to see Oliveira get the Tony fights and a possible title shot. He has earned it. I just watched the Bellator FW champ starch Chandler last year.

10/23/20 10:10 AM
11/1/19

You can't put Micheal or Tony ahead of the Conor/Dustin winner. Tony has to win and so does Micheal. The winner of Conor/Dustin will have two wins since fighting Khabib. Micheal and Tony zero.

10/23/20 10:38 AM
7/30/03

GSP is by far the fight I want to see most. 

10/23/20 11:51 AM
2/9/09
JThomasufc91 -

You can't put Micheal or Tony ahead of the Conor/Dustin winner. Tony has to win and so does Micheal. The winner of Conor/Dustin will have two wins since fighting Khabib. Micheal and Tony zero.

Yes but only 1 at 155. Tony won 12 in a row. If Conor gets all that good treatment, I think we can give Tony it ONE time. Also its much better for Khabibs legacy IMO

10/24/20 7:59 AM
1/1/01
JThomasufc91 -

I brought the matchup and title shot option up because Dana brought it up as possible.

Michael or Tony would have a one win and not zero if they fight for a title shot. All Conor has is a win vs a shot fighter at WW and he has a current champ who does not want to give him a rematch because he thinks Conor is a prick. If Tony beats Chandler and Conor beats Poirier..... Khabib will give Tony the title shot over Conor because a Tony win would add to his legacy and he respects Tony more as well.

At any rate, we just have to let Khabib Gaethje, Conor Poirier and maybe Tony Chandler play out. Some of the wait ends tonight.

Khabib Gaethje is one of the biggest and best fights in the sport's history. Could not be more pumped.

10/24/20 8:15 AM
9/5/11

Khabib’s next opponent is either named Georges or Conor. 

Accept it. 

10/24/20 9:03 AM
10/16/12

It's Georges and it's already been arranged. Dana does what Khabib says.  

10/24/20 9:47 AM
1/24/16

They really have to throw Oliveira in the mix

30 days ago
2/1/13
Bend The Knee -

What about if both Gaethje and Poiroer win. That fight makes sense since Dustin would have a win over the champ.

30 days ago
1/8/04

Justin will be undisputed champ in the next 5 hours, then Conor will get the title show and KO Justin.

30 days ago
10/6/02
Conor vs Kahbib is the fight I want to see by far the most
30 days ago
10/6/02
Siciliano - 

Justin will be undisputed champ in the next 5 hours, then Conor will get the title show and KO Justin.

That is a real possibility. WOW!
30 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano -

UFC never gives titles to people if a champ retires.

30 days ago
1/1/01

I'm thinking the Conor vs Poirier and Tony vs Chandler winners fight for the title.

30 days ago
11/30/10
BJ Penn Forever -

I'm thinking the Conor vs Poirier and Tony vs Chandler winners fight for the title.

Two fights where a lot of damage is going to be done most likely. Seems like it’d out then belt on the shelf for a while.

30 days ago
12/3/13
BJ Penn Forever -

Justin beat Tony. How does losing to the now retired champ mean he falls back to fifth in line?

30 days ago
1/1/01
Mmaster13 -
BJ Penn Forever -

Justin beat Tony. How does losing to the now retired champ mean he falls back to fifth in line?

No clue to be honest, it happens. I just know those are the two matchups Dana has talked about recently so as he would say "lets see how this thing plays out".

My thinking is UFC makes Gaethje get one or two wins before his next shot and he can't get a win over one of those four contenders if they are gonna get booked vs one another. He may have to be sidelined like Ngannou or take a fight with a Santos or Oliveira who is on a huge win streak but not talked about. No clue.

30 days ago
5/26/03

100% Conor Dustin is for the title

30 days ago
1/1/01
cab -

Dana hates tournaments outside of TUF because he can't control the matchups beyond seeding the tourny so we won't see it but this is the perfect oppurtunity for UFC to do an 8-man for the title.

Tony vs Ferreira

Chandler vs Santos

Oliveira vs Makhachev

Conor vs Poirier

You could so Felder, Lee, Hooker, Dariush, Dober etc.... deserve to be in it but hard to kick anyone out.

I know Diaz said UFC was talking about doing a four man tourny with him, GSP, Conor and Khabib a couple years ago, maybe they do a four man, not sure.

25 days ago
5/11/06
BJ Penn Forever - 
cab -

Dana hates tournaments outside of TUF because he can't control the matchups beyond seeding the tourny so we won't see it but this is the perfect oppurtunity for UFC to do an 8-man for the title.

Tony vs Ferreira

Chandler vs Santos

Oliveira vs Makhachev

Conor vs Poirier

You could so Felder, Lee, Hooker, Dariush, Dober etc.... deserve to be in it but hard to kick anyone out.

I know Diaz said UFC was talking about doing a four man tourny with him, GSP, Conor and Khabib a couple years ago, maybe they do a four man, not sure.

It's ridiculous not to do a tournament in a situation like this. But what you said is bang on why we wont see one.