UnderGround Forums Shouldn't Max have blamed Jesus?

4/14/19 1:29 AM
5/30/15

For making him lose? You know, just to stay consistent? 

4/14/19 1:30 AM
6/10/14

I was thinking the same. I wondered if they thank god or kesus for winning....who do they blame for losing?

4/14/19 1:30 AM
5/31/07

So clever.  I'm really impressed.  

4/14/19 1:31 AM
5/30/15

Edited: 4/14/19 1:34 AM
12/9/05

Shut your mouth fool

4/14/19 1:39 AM
5/30/15
46and2 -

So clever.  I'm really impressed.  

A question that is clever? Interesting. Doesn't seem clever to me at all. Seems an obvious question to me. Perhaps you could be so kind as to answer a question so clever? 

4/14/19 1:42 AM
11/10/18

I’m sure he takes full responsibility for his loss, but way to be an idiot. 

4/14/19 1:44 AM
5/30/15
Basz -

Luckily he’s not as dumb as you faggots and understands appreciation and being humble

I was rooting for max by the end of the fight. But what's always bothered me about when Max (or anyone) thanks God for their victory, isn't this also immediately implying to the loser that God is equally responsible for the the loss? If we are to believe that God truly had a vested interest in the mma fight, it goes for both winner and loser. Yes? No? 

4/14/19 1:49 AM
2/2/15
Gartlin -
Basz -

Luckily he’s not as dumb as you faggots and understands appreciation and being humble

I was rooting for max by the end of the fight. But what's always bothered me about when Max (or anyone) thanks God for their victory, isn't this also immediately implying to the loser that God is equally responsible for the the loss? If we are to believe that God truly had a vested interest in the mma fight, it goes for both winner and loser. Yes? No? 

Go get laid, loser. Sitting home on a Saturday night all triggered because a religious person wasn't consistent. 

4/14/19 2:04 AM
2/28/14

lmao the dude raises a valid point about athletes thanking god and he gets told to fuck off and is called a faggot and a loser. 

Classic.

4/14/19 2:28 AM
7/15/17

It is what it is .. at the end of the day .. and all those other empty words 

4/14/19 2:37 AM
6/27/18
Gennady Goblin -

lmao the dude raises a valid point about athletes thanking god and he gets told to fuck off and is called a faggot and a loser. 

Classic.

Because it's a old and tired point.

Yeah we get it. Faith isn't rational. If your deity is really all-powerful and all-knowing, then your deity is just as responsible for the bad stuff as the good stuff.

Guess what, that's been a matter of religious and philosophical debate for thousands of years.

Those who believe will never be convinced otherwise. Those who don't believe will continue to make the argument to no avail.

What's the use? Can't we talk about something else

4/14/19 2:51 AM
5/30/15
TequilaYuen -
Gennady Goblin -

Classic.

Yeah we get it. Faith isn't rational. If your deity is really all-powerful and all-knowing, then your deity is just as responsible for the bad stuff as the good stuff.

Guess what, that's been a matter of religious and philosophical debate for thousands of years.

Those who believe will never be convinced otherwise. Those who don't believe will continue to make the argument to no avail.

But it's actually not a debate at all is it? One side truly has no argument. 

4/14/19 2:54 AM
8/13/13

It is what it is - Max Holloway 

4/14/19 3:01 AM
6/27/18
Gartlin -
TequilaYuen -
Gennady Goblin -

Classic.

Okay you asked for it, I'm getting philosphical.

Religious people will never admit it, but the fact is faith is unreasonable.

But it's supposed to be unreasonable. If it weren't unreasonable, it wouldn't be faith.

And in life, there is strength in being unreasonable.

Survival itself is unreasonable. Being a human being is unreasonable.

I can't begrudge others for believing what they need to as they try to make their way through this chaotic existence.

Maybe Max's unreasonable faith is what helps him fight on through 140+ head shots. Who am I to tell him what he should or shouldn't believe.

4/14/19 3:07 AM
5/30/15
TequilaYuen -
Gartlin -
TequilaYuen -
Gennady Goblin -

Classic.

Okay you asked for it, I'm getting philosphical.

Religious people will never admit it, but the fact is faith is unreasonable.

But it's supposed to be unreasonable. If it weren't unreasonable, it wouldn't be faith.

And in life, there is strength in being unreasonable.

Survival itself is unreasonable. Being a human being is unreasonable.

I can't begrudge others for believing what they need to as they try to make their way through this chaotic existence.

Maybe Max's unreasonable faith is what helps him fight on through 140+ head shots. Who am I to tell him what he should or shouldn't believe.

Sounds like we agree that faith and religion are unreasonable. 

4/14/19 3:19 AM
6/27/18

I agree that religion is unreasonable.

Which is why I don't see the point in expecting religious people to be reasonable.

Max could say he lost because St Peter was eating a sandwich and forgot he was fighting today. Why does it matter to you

4/14/19 3:26 AM
5/30/15
TequilaYuen -

I agree that religion is unreasonable.

Which is why I don't see the point in expecting religious people to be reasonable.

Max could say he lost because St Peter was eating a sandwich and forgot he was fighting today. Why does it matter to you

Good. So we agree that we agree. 

4/14/19 3:30 AM
5/30/15

4/14/19 4:09 AM
11/10/18

If someone believes they won a sporting contest because god directly wanted them to win, then they are an idiot and know nothing about faith. If they want to thank god, they should thank him for ability, or the mental strength to train hard. Thus, if they lose they accept the responsibility for the loss as their own. Either they didn’t train the way they needed to, or the other person is just better. Because god doesn’t care who wins and loses games, it’s how you live your life and the faith you have inside you. The competitor may use the discipline of faith to also discipline their training. They may recognize a certain mental clarity or focus they gain through faith. There are lots of reasons they could be thanking god, but I can’t help but feel like you guys are intentionally distorting the issue. 

I’m not saying you should believe in any of that, but this thread was only being debated from one side and it was profoundly narrow and uninformed.

4/14/19 4:48 AM
7/12/12

It's hilariously asinine to assert that thanking God for victory logically implies that the loser was handed the loss as a sort of divine punishment.

4/14/19 7:11 AM
1/24/16

Great OP. 

4/14/19 9:35 AM
1/7/06

wow what an original thought.... .

4/14/19 9:51 AM
6/22/06
Faith in Jesus Christ is not unreasonable at all.

And let’s be clear, most everyone has ‘faith’ in some type of religion.
4/14/19 10:06 AM
10/27/12

If all the invisible sky dads of the world fought, who would win? 

Im thinking Zeus v. Odin would be the tournament final