UnderGround Forums Shouldn't Max have blamed Jesus?

4/14/19 3:24 PM
5/30/15
Gartlin -
Eskimo -
Gartlin -
Eskimo -
Gartlin -

Dear God please don't let any mods be angry Christians who get mad when an atheist poses questions they find inconvenient.

Please guide them in Your Will not to freeze this thread, freeze me, or ban me. 

Please when choosing between my prayers and Eskimo's that I am really really praying hard right now. 

All be Your Glory for granting me a stronger mind, more free spirit, and better critical thinking skills than the people who call me faggots. 

But if I do get frozen, it's definitely not Your fault. 

What do you do for a living? Please be honest. I’m not trying to insult you, im just always curious where certain personalities fit into society and the workforce. 

I'm a janitor. 

What are you afraid of?

No i really am a janitor. Are you assuming that I'm lying? 

I'm starting to suspect you are not really an Eskimo. 

4/14/19 3:31 PM
11/10/18
Gartlin -
Gartlin -
Eskimo -
Gartlin -

Dear God please don't let any mods be angry Christians who get mad when an atheist poses questions they find inconvenient.

Please when choosing between my prayers and Eskimo's that I am really really praying hard right now. 

All be Your Glory for granting me a stronger mind, more free spirit, and better critical thinking skills than the people who call me faggots. 

What do you do for a living? Please be honest. I’m not trying to insult you, im just always curious where certain personalities fit into society and the workforce. 

I'm a janitor. 

And why would anyone think you were going to insult me? if you were someone who came into this thread insulting me immediately then I might see me feeling that way. But this is YOU were talking about! Silly Christian. 

I’m not a Christian. I’m not a religious person at all. I have insulted you. I did it intentionally because you’re a snarky dipshit that thinks you’re intelligent. You aren’t. 

I’m just surprised you’re a janitor because I would have sworn you are a teacher. 

Edited: 4/15/19 9:05 AM
7/30/03
Gartlin -
46and2 -

So clever.  I'm really impressed.  

A question that is clever? Interesting. Doesn't seem clever to me at all. Seems an obvious question to me. Perhaps you could be so kind as to answer a question so clever? 

The question has a simple answer the UFC is now controlled by the Devil.

4/14/19 4:20 PM
2/2/15

I wonder if the op would have the nuts to raise this question to a hardcore Muslim's face...

4/14/19 4:40 PM
6/22/06
The OP was obviously being condescending to Christians under the guise of asking a philosophic question that has been asked on here time and again.

The majority of critics of Christianity would be far better served investigating the historicity of Christianity before attempting to denigrate it first.
4/14/19 4:44 PM
6/22/06
TequilaYuen - 
Bereal - Faith in Jesus Christ is not unreasonable at all.

And let’s be clear, most everyone has ‘faith’ in some type of religion.

It’s pretty unreasonable. You’re basing your view of the entire universe on a bunch of human scribblings by multiple unknown authors from 2,000 years ago, assembled in haphazard fashion and originally written in languages you don’t understand. And you probably haven’t even fully read your English translation of these scribblings.

Believing that a Middle Eastern man from 2,000 years ago was the savior of the universe and the living embodiment of all creation is not a rational thing. And it’s even less rational to believe he has anything to do with the outcome of a MMA fight.

But I actually support your freedom to believe such a thing, and can see how it would give you strength. Or at least comfort.

I believe it because of the evidence.

The ‘scribblings’ you mention stand-up better to the corroboration of historical texts better than any other historical manuscripts.

If one chooses to ignore those, they can look at the lives transformed by Jesus who knew him.
4/14/19 5:35 PM
2/28/14
Bilge Water -

I wonder if the op would have the nuts to raise this question to a hardcore Muslim's face...

Are you implying there would be some threat that would arise when questioning the beliefs of someone who belongs to a religion of peace? 

4/14/19 6:14 PM
6/24/08
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

Are you implying there would be some threat that would arise when questioning the beliefs of someone who belongs to a religion of peace? 

What would that have to do with the veracity of his question,
or the legitimacy of religion in general?
He didn't raise the question to Max's face either.

Religious claims do not stand up well to scrutiny, what people want to believe is their own business no matter how absurd, but when they want to have those believes thought in schools or pass legislation based on them then push-back is warranted.

Science follows the evidence where it leads and will change it"s stance when and if new evidence comes to light.
Religion starts with all the answers and tries to find evidence to support that claim, disregarding any that doesn't. When you put outlandish claims out in public and can't provide any evidence to back them up, expect to be ridiculed.
4/14/19 7:38 PM
6/22/06
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

Religious claims do not stand up well to scrutiny, what people want to believe is their own business no matter how absurd, but when they want to have those believes thought in schools or pass legislation based on them then push-back is warranted.

Science follows the evidence where it leads and will change it"s stance when and if new evidence comes to light.
Religion starts with all the answers and tries to find evidence to support that claim, disregarding any that doesn't. When you put outlandish claims out in public and can't provide any evidence to back them up, expect to be ridiculed.

I respectfully disagree.

Evolution labels itself as ‘science’ but is nowhere close. It was a theory developed by Darwin. The subsequent evidence is severely lacking. As a matter of fact, you could easily make the claim that Darwinism is a religion unto itself.

Let’s not kid ourselves or anyone on this board that evolution is science.
4/14/19 7:53 PM
5/30/15
Bereal -
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

I respectfully disagree.

Evolution labels itself as ‘science’ but is nowhere close. It was a theory developed by Darwin. The subsequent evidence is severely lacking. As a matter of fact, you could easily make the claim that Darwinism is a religion unto itself.

Completely wrong. Evolution is not only science, it is long-standing scientific theory. It has been tested and retested in the scientific community and supported every single time. 

Evolution is also as far from religion as anything could be. 

4/14/19 8:10 PM
6/24/08
Bereal - 
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

I respectfully disagree.

Evolution, decent with modification is absolute fact.
Unless you look exactly like one of your parents then you have descended with modification. Over time these differences become so great that interbreeding with the old species is no longer possible and you have a new species.

The process takes a lot of time, The only reason not to accept this is if you're a young earth creationist, in which case you're probably unreachable.
4/14/19 8:13 PM
12/23/02

Wow OP is just too edgy and original. 

4/14/19 8:57 PM
6/22/06
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

I respectfully disagree.

Completely wrong. Evolution is not only science, it is long-standing scientific theory. It has been tested and retested in the scientific community and supported every single time. 

So it is a science that is a theory?

You are proving my point.
Edited: 4/14/19 9:08 PM
9/20/10
Gartlin -

I'm an atheist myself.

You are obviously an idiot.

I feel like if I was Max Holloway who believes in a Christian Jesus and God. Then my thoughts would be right now how is this a learning moment.

If you can't even begin to understand how others see the world you have no right to question the world.

4/14/19 9:10 PM
6/22/06
Treedoc - 
Bereal - 
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

I respectfully disagree.

Evolution, decent with modification is absolute fact.
Unless you look exactly like one of your parents then you have descended with modification. Over time these differences become so great that interbreeding with the old species is no longer possible and you have a new species.

The process takes a lot of time, The only reason not to accept this is if you're a young earth creationist, in which case you're probably unreachable.

This, also, is proving my point.

No Creationist in the world would deny there are not genetic traits passed down via generations. However, to equate that universal biological fact provides zero evidential corroboration of evolution at all.

The reality is that:

1. Evolutionists have not a clue as to how life began. As a matter of fact, they cannot theorize how it began without contradicting science itself.

2. The fossil record can not substantiate the theory of evolution as well. A cat has always been a cat. A dog has always been a dog...and so on. Even the ‘missing links’ (such as Lucy) were always the next big archaeological silver bullet...only to be revealed later they were not what they were hoping for.
4/14/19 10:01 PM
3/18/02

2 things jesus doesnt do 1) ufc fight losses 2) baby aids

4/14/19 10:20 PM
2/2/15
Treedoc -
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

My point is that the OP was just being a typical, snarky, condescending atheist douche who wouldn't dare pull that shit with a Muslim. They're so principled and anti-religion that they only go after the soft target: Christianity. They would never dream of trying that shit on a Muslim. Usually when his types get challenged on this, they throw out a blanket statement about "all religions", but won't fucking dare say anything directly about Islam, which is by all accounts a much more backwards and dangerous religion. 

For the record, I'm an atheist.

4/14/19 11:02 PM
5/30/15
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Treedoc - 
Gennady Goblin - 
Bilge Water -

I respectfully disagree.

So it is a science that is a theory?

You are proving my point.

YourYo only proving you know nothing about science young grasshopper. "Theory" does not mean what you think it means when we are talking about science. 

4/15/19 12:09 AM
7/27/13

You thank the lord for giving you the strength to compete.. win or lose. 

OP thinks he smart by making this simpleton observation. 

4/15/19 5:38 PM
8/4/10
46and2 -

So clever.  I'm really impressed.  

this

lol, bunch of knuckledraggers

Edited: 4/16/19 3:01 AM
4/8/12
Lol @ all the wanna be Christians acting all Christ-like in this thread. There is a reason nobody (including so called "Christians") follows the Bible. It is an insane cultural document from a desert culture 2,000+ years ago.
Edited: 4/15/19 8:09 PM
1/14/03

there is winning and learning. there is no losing. so we are thankful for our wins as well as our lessons. 

Edited: 4/16/19 12:09 AM
6/24/08
If you could reason with religious people, there wouldn’t be any religious people.
4/15/19 8:46 PM
1/1/01

Perfectly logical question. 

4/15/19 11:33 PM
5/30/15
Hey Beer Man -

Perfectly logical question. 

It makes people mad. I guess because they've heard it asked before and couldn't really explain it then either. 

I guess it makes sense. When reason is not on your side, but you really really really want to be right, you get pissed and throw out insults.