UnderGround Forums Shouldn't Max have blamed Jesus?

4/17/19 2:57 PM
5/14/06
Size -

It's hilariously asinine to assert that thanking God for victory logically implies that the loser was handed the loss as a sort of divine punishment.

Correct. I am not religious, but playing gotcha here is arrogant and unintelligent. Thanking a higher power out of humility for a win does not logically require someone to blame that higher power for a loss. There are all kinds of scenarios where his approach could be consistent, the most obvious being that he feels responsible for a loss because of his own volitional failures, but feels indebted to god for a win because he believes his ability to win is dependent upon physical gifts from his god. There are much easier ways to make fun of religion. This one is tired and not at all clever. 

4/17/19 3:37 PM
2/27/14

I don't see what would be wrong with "blaming" jesus for a loss. 

We learn so much more about life and ourselves through losses then we ever do through wins

4/17/19 4:24 PM
6/22/06
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Joshinho -
Gartlin -
Hey Beer Man -

Perfectly logical question. 

It makes people mad. I guess because they've heard it asked before and couldn't really explain it then either. 

I guess it makes sense. When reason is not on your side, but you really really really want to be right, you get pissed and throw out insults. 

I think people are "upset" because you're acting like you asked something deeply profound when you didn't.

I imagine you asking people "who created god?" and standing there with a smug look on your face as if you just blew people's minds. You're not being clever but you think you are and people can see that, hence the responses on this thread. 

I don't think I said anything profound at all. I think it's very simple logic. 

As far as "who created God?" goes, while it is not profound, it is certainly a step further than the thinking of someone who says "nothing can from nothing, so it is only logical that a God created it." with a smug look on their face like they just blew the atheists' minds. 

Respectfully submitted, 

Gartlin 

You must be referring to the scientific law (like....real science.). The reality is that only life can create life. It is proven science that life cannot come from anything but life. It should be food for thought....

Sorry there bud. You've already lost your credibility on the science discussion. 

Tell me how I am wrong?

Is Biogenesis not a scientific fact?

Can you provide an example of a living organism arising from non-living matter?

You don't understand what scientific theory is. Given that, there is no point in discussing anything scientific with you. 

So.....

Discuss scientific fact (Biogenesis) with an evolutionist and they will say you don't understand science.

Biogenisis is scientific theory, first of all. Second, I'm assuming your leading this towards saying that biogenisis contradicts the theory of evolution? It doesn't. Here's a quick read if you're actually interested. 

https://sciencing.com/theory-biogenesis-5419233.html

Ummmmmm.......Biogenesis is a fact. It has recently become a 'theory' labeled as such since evolutionists try to squirm away from the issue. Why? It contradicts their theory they try to label as 'fact.'

So evolution has become a 'scientific fact' while Biogenesis has become a theory.....wow.

There have been trillions of organisms throughout time that have been given life.

Can you come up with one example that contradicts this?

4/17/19 4:25 PM
6/22/06
My bad. Doubled up on the post unwittingly.
Edited: 4/17/19 4:59 PM
5/30/15
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Joshinho -
Gartlin -
Hey Beer Man -

It makes people mad. I guess because they've heard it asked before and couldn't really explain it then either. 

I guess it makes sense. When reason is not on your side, but you really really really want to be right, you get pissed and throw out insults. 

I think people are "upset" because you're acting like you asked something deeply profound when you didn't.

I imagine you asking people "who created god?" and standing there with a smug look on your face as if you just blew people's minds. You're not being clever but you think you are and people can see that, hence the responses on this thread. 

As far as "who created God?" goes, while it is not profound, it is certainly a step further than the thinking of someone who says "nothing can from nothing, so it is only logical that a God created it." with a smug look on their face like they just blew the atheists' minds. 

Respectfully submitted, 

Gartlin 

You must be referring to the scientific law (like....real science.). The reality is that only life can create life. It is proven science that life cannot come from anything but life. It should be food for thought....

Sorry there bud. You've already lost your credibility on the science discussion. 

Tell me how I am wrong?

You don't understand what scientific theory is. Given that, there is no point in discussing anything scientific with you. 

So.....

Discuss scientific fact (Biogenesis) with an evolutionist and they will say you don't understand science.

Biogenisis is scientific theory, first of all. Second, I'm assuming your leading this towards saying that biogenisis contradicts the theory of evolution? It doesn't. Here's a quick read if you're actually interested. 

Ummmmmm.......Biogenesis is a fact. It has recently become a 'theory' labeled as such since evolutionists try to squirm away from the issue. Why? It contradicts their theory they try to label as 'fact.'

So evolution has become a 'scientific fact' while Biogenesis has become a theory.....wow.

There have been trillions of organisms throughout time that have been given life.

Did you even read the link? You're still only hammering home the point that you have no clue what scientific theory means. Evolution is scientific theory. 

A theory in science is not the same as a layman's use of the word theory. A theory never can become a fact or law. You understand this? It's not like one is greater than the other. They are describing two completely different things. A theory in science is not someone poking their finger in the air and saying " i have a theory" 

Here's a link to another very simple to understand explanation that I'm sure you will ignore because it doesn't fit your creationist beliefs. You are a creationist? Creationism does NOT quality as scientific theory, by the way, or even come close. 

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Education good. 

4/17/19 5:41 PM
4/2/08

Just an FYI... If your post was deleted it may be because you quoted a comment that was removed.

With that said, carry on being meanie heads to each other

4/17/19 6:34 PM
5/30/15
RickStorm -

Just an FYI... If your post was deleted it may be because you quoted a comment that was removed.

With that said, carry on being meanie heads to each other

Thank you! Lol

4/17/19 6:36 PM
5/30/15
2JupitersTooMany -
Size -

It's hilariously asinine to assert that thanking God for victory logically implies that the loser was handed the loss as a sort of divine punishment.

Correct. I am not religious, but playing gotcha here is arrogant and unintelligent. Thanking a higher power out of humility for a win does not logically require someone to blame that higher power for a loss. There are all kinds of scenarios where his approach could be consistent, the most obvious being that he feels responsible for a loss because of his own volitional failures, but feels indebted to god for a win because he believes his ability to win is dependent upon physical gifts from his god. There are much easier ways to make fun of religion. This one is tired and not at all clever. 

Can you give an example of an easier way to make fun of religion? You're definitely in the right thread so have it!! 

4/17/19 6:43 PM
6/24/08
Bereal - 
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Bereal -
Gartlin - 
Joshinho -
Gartlin -
Hey Beer Man -

Respectfully submitted, 

Gartlin 

Tell me how I am wrong?

So.....

Even if you could prove that abiogenesis never occurred, which you can’t, that has no bearing on the overwhelming evidence for evolution, and even if you could prove evolution false, which are you can’t, that would still have no bearing on whether or not God’s are real, and even if you could prove Gods are real that would not necessarily mean your God is real.

The theory of evolution is the process by which it occurs, this has been tweaked in the past and will be again in the future, that evolution occurs is an absolute fact.

I understand that you were probably on reachable with Logic, obviously A creationist, probably a young earth creationist, and possibly even a flat earther. But at this point I’m not sure if it’s just ignorance or willful ignorance.
4/17/19 10:36 PM
2/28/14

Science: We have a pretty good idea. Let's test it and see if it proves to be true. Repeatedly. Forever. And if it is ever proven to be untrue, we acknowledge it and move forward with the truth as we know it.

Religion: Here's a dumb story from long dead simpletons who knew nothing. We have a narrative and will do whatever we can to try to prove said narrative, including lying, bending truths, and using whatever information is in the world to try to advocate for our narrative, even if it makes no sense at all and is easily shown to be weak and not applicable. But that doesn't matter because our dumb story must be true no matter what evidence suggests therefore anything that supports is is a fact and anything that doesn't is a sin and a lie and propaganda.

2 major differences in the schools of thought.

4/17/19 11:56 PM
6/22/06
Can any evolutionist here provide an example of abiogenesis taking place?

Abiogenesis is in direct contradiction to Biogenesis, which is an OBVIOUS fact.

So far all I have read is a written defense of the arbitrarily assigned definition of a scientific theory vs theory vs fact.

Those are all man-made arbitrary semantics.

Let’s talk science:

I am still waiting for an answer to my question on an example that would contradict the scientific law of Biogenesis. It is sort of needed to prove that the ‘scientific theory’ of evolution is even plausible.
4/18/19 12:47 AM
1/7/09

Jeebus Christ this thread sucks

4/18/19 1:09 AM
12/13/15

I'm late to this. Us Christians are taught to be thankful. We thank God for everything. It teaches us humility. I guarantee most of these fighters are praying after the loss and thanking God for the opportunity and their health. We are taught not to be ungrateful. It helps us in our socail life. Looking at the good in our relatives and friends. Thanking God for them instead of dwelling on their faults.  Thanking God for our little homes and crappy cars that carry us around. That  kind of stuff. When we get a flat we thank God for our spare tire. When we are on our death bed we thank him for the peace in our hearts. 

4/18/19 1:28 AM
6/23/12

Dustin prayed more this time 

4/18/19 1:30 AM
12/11/14

OP makes logical point,  non logical people respond non logically =UG

4/18/19 2:30 AM
9/26/16
VHStapefan - 

I'm late to this. Us Christians are taught to be thankful. We thank God for everything. It teaches us humility. I guarantee most of these fighters are praying after the loss and thanking God for the opportunity and their health. We are taught not to be ungrateful. It helps us in our socail life. Looking at the good in our relatives and friends. Thanking God for them instead of dwelling on their faults.  Thanking God for our little homes and crappy cars that carry us around. That  kind of stuff. When we get a flat we thank God for our spare tire. When we are on our death bed we thank him for the peace in our hearts. 

Praise Jesus Christ, the Son of God, VHStapefan.
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. (Heb. 4:14)
hereby we do know that we know him (1 John 2:3)

According to the complete, pure word of God which is only in the KJB, a person is only a Christian, a child of God, if they continue to confess (Heb. 10:23) that Jesus is the Son of God, which good confession (1 Tim. 6:12) is absent from your comment (2 John 7):

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God (1 John 4:2)
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15)
^
VHStapefan: "______[does not confess that Jesus is the Son of God]_______"
^
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Rom. 8:9)

And a child of God gives thanks always for all things in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, and not merely by the word "God" or any other words whatsoever (John 14:6, Eph. 5:20, 1 John 3:23-24).

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels (Prov. 1:5)

Speaking the truth in love, in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15)
the word of the LORD is right (Ps. 33:4)
4/18/19 2:38 AM
12/14/15
Bereal - Can any evolutionist here provide an example of abiogenesis taking place?

So far all I have read is a written defense of the arbitrarily assigned definition of a scientific theory vs theory vs fact.

Let’s talk science:

I am still waiting for an answer to my question on an example that would contradict the scientific law of Biogenesis. It is sort of needed to prove that the ‘scientific theory’ of evolution is even plausible.

Now i’m not smart in this area, so this is more of a question to your question (bad etiquette i know) rather than an answer.

Have we not observed atoms appearing from nothing or at least nowhere we are capable of observing? Which given that is what we are made of, would it not be feasible that it’s occurred, if only once, in our creation?

4/18/19 4:38 PM
6/22/06
Bigtrain2681 - 
Bereal - Can any evolutionist here provide an example of abiogenesis taking place?

Let’s talk science:

Now i’m not smart in this area, so this is more of a question to your question (bad etiquette i know) rather than an answer.

Have we not observed atoms appearing from nothing or at least nowhere we are capable of observing? Which given that is what we are made of, would it not be feasible that it’s occurred, if only once, in our creation?

First of all, thanks for jumping in.

Atoms appear from nothing? Are you sure about this? (Time for my question.)

Cells are a living organism that feed off of outside nutrients in some shape or fashion. Atoms make up everything. It could be living or non-living matter.

4/18/19 5:05 PM
12/14/15
Bereal -
Bigtrain2681 - 

Let’s talk science:

First of all, thanks for jumping in.

Atoms appear from nothing? Are you sure about this? (Time for my question.)

Cells are a living organism that feed off of outside nutrients in some shape or fashion. Atoms make up everything. It could be living or non-living matter.

Cool. As i say, no genius by any stretch but always willing to listen and learn. 

Yes, from my understanding we have observed atoms drop in and out of existence many times. Obviously this could solely be down to our understanding of existence. But if it’s documented and proven, it can happen, then there must be a possibility it could of happened and led to life. If only just once, hence we (the Universe) came into existence. 

It’s a fascinating subject for sure. 

4/18/19 7:53 PM
1/2/14

4/18/19 9:57 PM
6/22/06
Bigtrain,

Not sure what you mean by atoms dropping ‘in and out of existence.’ I believe that atoms can take different shape or form....but not suddenly appear.

The reality is that every living organism we know of in history has been created by reproduction from a previous organism in some way shape or fashion. We have never in history observed life coming from lifeless matter.

If Evolution is a science, then how can this be explained through scientific rationalization?
4/18/19 10:18 PM
6/24/08
Bereal - Bigtrain,

Not sure what you mean by atoms dropping ‘in and out of existence.’ I believe that atoms can take different shape or form....but not suddenly appear.

The reality is that every living organism we know of in history has been created by reproduction from a previous organism in some way shape or fashion. We have never in history observed life coming from lifeless matter.

If Evolution is a science, then how can this be explained through scientific rationalization?

Are you really this stupid, or are you trolling?
4/18/19 10:33 PM
5/14/06
John318 -
VHStapefan - 

Praise Jesus Christ, the Son of God, VHStapefan.
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. (Heb. 4:14)
hereby we do know that we know him (1 John 2:3)

According to the complete, pure word of God which is only in the KJB, a person is only a Christian, a child of God, if they continue to confess (Heb. 10:23) that Jesus is the Son of God, which good confession (1 Tim. 6:12) is absent from your comment (2 John 7):

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God (1 John 4:2)
^
VHStapefan: "______[does not confess that Jesus is the Son of God]_______"
^
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Rom. 8:9)

And a child of God gives thanks always for all things in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, and not merely by the word "God" or any other words whatsoever (John 14:6, Eph. 5:20, 1 John 3:23-24).

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels (Prov. 1:5)

Speaking the truth in love, in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
the word of the LORD is right (Ps. 33:4)

I’ve always assumed this account was OMA but he may be in prison. Hell of a guy tho. 

4/18/19 11:23 PM
6/22/06
Treedoc - 
Bereal - Bigtrain,

Are you really this stupid, or are you trolling?

Oh. My.

Instead of immature name-calling, why don’t you tell anyone who reads this a time in history where a living organism came from a non-living organism.

Fill us all in. There have been trillions examples of life forms throughout history. Feel free to share some examples of Abiogenesis.

4/18/19 11:51 PM
6/24/08
That wasn’t name-calling, that was a legit question, although I noticed you didn’t answer it. If I was name-calling I would’ve referred to you as a fucking imbecile.
Everything you need to know about evolution and abiogenesis is not only available to you on the Internet but has been posted in this thread, some people are just beyond help.
Good day sir.