12/4/20 3:50 AM
11/16/17

wow..... You wanna talk about human garbage

12/4/20 4:09 AM
12/23/08

OP is a fa...therless bastard

12/4/20 7:57 AM
2/18/20

The show was great but a trainwreck.  You could tell no one knew what they were in store for.

Not surprised that a bunch of alpha male fighters talked a bunch of sh*t trying to fight each other.

12/4/20 7:59 AM
1/1/01
I still think Leben was worse.

They simply decided to bully the bully. I'll allow it.
12/4/20 9:41 AM
1/1/01
dangerboy12 - I still think Leben was worse.

This. They went low as fuck, but Leben kinda had it coming. 

12/4/20 9:48 AM
1/22/05

That first season was gold. 

12/4/20 12:19 PM
1/1/01

12/4/20 2:13 PM
9/27/15
dangerboy12 - I still think Leben was worse.

This. Leben was the bully who then got bullied, fought abd lost then cried about it

I'm still a fan and of Koscheck to this day.
12/4/20 2:26 PM
1/1/01

Koscheck is human garbage but a great fighter.   He was also one of the first heels in MMA and used that to make bank.  When gsp broke his orbital that was his karma

12/4/20 3:15 PM
1/24/16

They were acting like two mean 18-year olds. Koscheck was always a little underdeveloped I was surprised to hear that he has had so much financial success

12/4/20 3:23 PM
6/1/07

I'm a Leben fan, but ^this

There were no 'good guys' in that scenario. Leben was being a punk from the moment he entered the house, and then pitched a fit after getting beat. Koscheck/Southworth then went even lower and brought his family into it. All three of those guys were being jerks. Josh and Bobby were just a whole lot better at it and went for the jugular.
12/4/20 3:59 PM
2/17/03
Steve4192 - 

I'm a Leben fan, but ^this

There were no 'good guys' in that scenario. Leben was being a punk from the moment he entered the house, and then pitched a fit after getting beat. Koscheck/Southworth then went even lower and brought his family into it. All three of those guys were being jerks. Josh and Bobby were just a whole lot better at it and went for the jugular.

I think this is fair.

Kos is one of the guys in MMA about whom I have never heard someone say, "he's actually really great when you get to know him." People genuinely dislike him, including those who know him well.

12/4/20 4:11 PM
1/1/01

I’m a biased Leben fan. He was in Portland with team quest at the time, was always cool to me and I just loved watching him fight. So I tended to look past his poor antics, though yeah, he was definitely a bully. But Leben also had redeeming qualities, his heart, grit, toughness are perfect for mma. 

The result of the Koscheck Leben fight to this day is the most disappointing result of any mma fight of all time for me. 

Edited: 12/4/20 4:33 PM
8/6/06

I watched that season when I was 15 years old. Leben was my favorite, couldn't stand Kos or Southworth. I've suspected that if I went back and watched it again as a 31 year old man, I'd probably have a different perspective.

12/4/20 4:36 PM
2/17/03
bradu - 

I’m a biased Leben fan. He was in Portland with team quest at the time, was always cool to me and I just loved watching him fight. So I tended to look past his poor antics, though yeah, he was definitely a bully. But Leben also had redeeming qualities, his heart, grit, toughness are perfect for mma. 

The result of the Koscheck Leben fight to this day is the most disappointing result of any mma fight of all time for me. 

Yeah. My take was that they all had some terrible qualities. But, Leben probably had some more redeeming qualities -- at least than Kos. I don't know much about Southworth as a person.

12/4/20 5:05 PM
9/1/07
They treated Leben like HE ate all the asparagus.
12/4/20 5:22 PM
2/17/03
dipsheet - They treated Leben like HE ate all the asparagus.

lmao

12/4/20 5:29 PM
6/30/11

Did you guys watch the catch-up show with Jason thacker? Maybe it was an article. That dude got thrown to the wolves.

12/4/20 5:35 PM
1/1/01
Song2 - 

Did you guys watch the catch-up show with Jason thacker? Maybe it was an article. That dude got thrown to the wolves.

I've always heard he was the basically selected to essentially be the stand-in for the viewer, for the average toughguy who thought they could get into the octagon and kick some ass. Remember, MMA/UFC was still relatively obscure at this time.
12/4/20 5:41 PM
5/11/08
Liyon -
Song2 - 

I've always heard he was the basically selected to essentially be the stand-in for the viewer, for the average toughguy who thought they could get into the octagon and kick some ass. Remember, MMA/UFC was still relatively obscure at this time.

I always thought it was SO FUCKED UP they matched Leben up vs Thacker at the Season 1 Finale show.

At the time Chris Leben was a 10-1 Professional with TKO/KO wins over fellow vets Benji Radach and Mike Swick

Meanwhile Jason "Strange Brew" Thacker was an 0-0 Professional

Absolutely ridiculous they even sanctioned that squash match and a total set up by the UFC to get their guy a win against an innocent newcomer just because Leben got beat on the show and they probably didn't want that too.

Disgusting matchmaking. Strange Brew never fought again probably had PTSD.

12/4/20 6:23 PM
2/17/03

Really great piece on Strange Brew: https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

12/4/20 7:08 PM
6/30/11
MMApurist -
Liyon -
Song2 - 

I always thought it was SO FUCKED UP they matched Leben up vs Thacker at the Season 1 Finale show.

At the time Chris Leben was a 10-1 Professional with TKO/KO wins over fellow vets Benji Radach and Mike Swick

Absolutely ridiculous they even sanctioned that squash match and a total set up by the UFC to get their guy a win against an innocent newcomer just because Leben got beat on the show and they probably didn't want that too.

Im guessing this is what I was thinking of. I'm too lazy to click it. Talks about him training himself on homemade bags etc? All looking like Forrest gump with his beard these days. 

12/4/20 7:11 PM
6/30/11
MMApurist -
Liyon -
Song2 - 

Yea I don't like the way he left tuf either. Everyone on that show had a wry smile when his name popped up. Coaches too. He was sent there for TV 

Everyone on that show figured that out immediately

12/4/20 8:13 PM
1/13/10

The booing did bother Koscheck believe it or not lol. 

12/4/20 9:40 PM
11/28/03

i read lebens book

he said he didnt realize he was being the asshoe of the house

he said that sort of behavior was perfectly normal in his world

i did think he was the asshole in the house repeatedly

and kos-south only messed with him once