UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

6/1/19 11:31 PM
5/12/03
stillmatic - Not sure why anyone is saying Joshua quit. He said he was ready to continue.

He SAID it. But, his body language was saying something else.  His demeanor afterwards too. He was glad it was over. Ruiz broke him mentally. 

6/1/19 11:33 PM
1/1/01
stillmatic - Not sure why anyone is saying Joshua quit. He said he was ready to continue.

He was done, but if the ref would have said action. He would have kept fighting. So he didn’t quit. But he was whooped. The ref could have said action and moved out the way. 

But the narrative will be he quit. Wasn’t cowardly. He was just overwhelmed and mentally broken 

6/1/19 11:33 PM
3/20/12

Some are only great Hammers 

Joshua was the Nail and never got back in it mentally

Ruiz was the Nail and got a knockdown 10 seconds afterwards

6/1/19 11:34 PM
12/20/08
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I think with him turning his back and hanging back on the ropes too long was the reason it was stopped. He stepped forward for a second then dropped back to the ropes and just stood there. His body language told a different story.

His legs were not completely there. I think he was trying to get some extra time to recover. He lost his mouth piece and probably thought it was going to get put back in as well.
6/1/19 11:34 PM
5/12/03
pharochuck -
chadk -
pharochuck -

Joshua was more mentally done than physical. He could have continued imo but he was done. 

I’m sure he didn’t picture any scenario where Ruiz would do that to him

He quit. He didn't want anymore of that dogfight. In the end Joshua couldn't shake the curse of the British Heavyweights. 

I was being polite. I liked him. He brought a huge crowd and looked the part. I was looking forward to seeing him and wilder and he looked and acted the part of a star and the sport needs star 

I agree. He's a likeable guy. Checks off all the boxes you would want a Champion to possess outwardly.  

Edited: 6/1/19 11:37 PM
7/20/01
"ready to box?"

"yea - ready to box; ready to box"

*ref waves it off*

"whadaya mean??"

I guess the next time you answer those 3 questions correctly, take your hands off the ropes..
6/1/19 11:37 PM
1/13/10
stillmatic -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I think with him turning his back and hanging back on the ropes too long was the reason it was stopped. He stepped forward for a second then dropped back to the ropes and just stood there. His body language told a different story.

His legs were not completely there. I think he was trying to get some extra time to recover. He lost his mouth piece and probably thought it was going to get put back in as well.

I can say that was part of it. But look at his knockdowns compared to Ruiz. One was hungrier to get up and continue.

6/1/19 11:38 PM
3/21/12
Joshua was done, whether or not he quit is immaterial. He got up from those prior knockdowns and went toe to toe with Ruiz. He also did the same in the Klit fight. He may not have the heart of a Frazier or Gatti but how many fighters do?
6/1/19 11:38 PM
12/20/08
Barry_BondsMVP - 
stillmatic -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I can say that was part of it. But look at his knockdowns compared to Ruiz. One was hungrier to get up and continue.

Ruiz didn't get dropped 4 times and rocked numerous other times.
6/1/19 11:42 PM
12/20/08
pharochuck - 

He was done, but if the ref would have said action. He would have kept fighting. So he didn’t quit. But he was whooped. The ref could have said action and moved out the way. 

But the narrative will be he quit. Wasn’t cowardly. He was just overwhelmed and mentally broken 

I think it was his head being clear and wanting to keep fighting, but his body not cooperating. When you get dropped 4 times, that's going to happen.
6/1/19 11:52 PM
12/30/12

Man imagine what wilder would’ve done to AJ

But putting that aside great win for Ruiz Jr...obviously it changes things drastically in the division but I found myself rooting for Ruiz and no AJ did not quit. He was battered.

6/1/19 11:53 PM
12/23/02
FedorsBadassFists - And there goes Wilder’s $100m pay day. Bet he wishes he’d taken the fight now

Does it really need to be explained again? It wasnt a 100 mil payday it wad 20 to fight brazeale then 40 for first joshua fight and then 40 for rematch.

6/2/19 12:00 AM
1/13/10
stillmatic -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
stillmatic -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Ruiz didn't get dropped 4 times and rocked numerous other times.

Mexican Rocky would of kept coming if he did imo. Two different types of animals were in there tonight. One was willing to do anything to win. 

But neither of us are going to see eye to eye on the subject lol. Regardless it was a great fight and I’m happy for Ruiz.

6/2/19 12:07 AM
3/20/12

[?IMG]

6/2/19 12:23 AM
5/12/03

Regardless of our differing opinions, We witnessed the Round of the Year & Upset of the Year tonight. So glad I was able to watch it as it happened. Even if I was thinking Joshua got exposed as a better version of Frank Bruno tonight.

6/2/19 12:33 AM
1/13/10
chadk -

Regardless of our differing opinions, We witnessed the Round of the Year & Upset of the Year tonight. So glad I was able to watch it as it happened. Even if I was thinking Joshua got exposed as a better version of Frank Bruno tonight.

Agreed, was a great fight... goes to show how exciting the division can be. 

6/2/19 12:34 AM
5/12/03
Barry_BondsMVP -
chadk -

Boxing in general.  When it's good... nothing in sports compares.

6/2/19 12:35 AM
1/13/10
chadk -
Barry_BondsMVP -
chadk -

Boxing in general.  When it's good... nothing in sports compares.

Amen to that bro 

6/2/19 12:42 AM
11/9/05

Impressed by the power Ruiz can generate despite having no ass.

6/2/19 12:45 AM
1/13/10
itskrisdude -

Lol wife and I were saying the same thing. His ass is depressed 

6/2/19 12:45 AM
3/20/12
itskrisdude - 

he is very good at loading and unloading his hips and shoulders

was always ready to throw and AJ knew it

I call it quick back

6/2/19 12:46 AM
11/9/05
Rambo John J -
itskrisdude - 

he is very good at loading and unloading his hips and shoulders

was always ready to throw and AJ knew it

I call it quick back

More likely just the shifting momentum of flowing fat.

6/2/19 12:46 AM
4/18/01
itskrisdude - 

He's a regular Captain Marvel
6/2/19 12:47 AM
11/9/05
Barry_BondsMVP -
itskrisdude -

Jumping up and down in victory like that was risky. Thought for sure his trunks were about to be ankle high.

6/2/19 12:50 AM
1/13/10
itskrisdude -
Barry_BondsMVP -
itskrisdude -

Jumping up and down in victory like that was risky. Thought for sure his trunks were about to be ankle high.

Lol yea I was surprised they stayed up