7/3/19 1:51 AM
9/19/12
BradGluckman -
cuttooth - 
Barry_BondsMVP -
BradGluckman -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

Anyone think Canelo will really fight Kovalev? Catch weight? Would be an interesting style match up. Kovalev's jab and power could trouble Canelo a lot. Conversely, Canelo's youth & body attack would be problematic for Sergei. All I know is that if I'm representing Kovalev, I'm demanding the strictest drug testing available. I don't believe a natural Canelo belongs at 175lbs. And, it's not like he's above suspicion either. 

I feel it’s a negotiation tactic with team GGG. Even though Kovalev isn’t the same he’s still dangerous. Canelo’s power won’t go up with him and he doesn’t have the cardio to box for 12 rounds.

Kovalev is not a 12 round pressure fighter. He seems to shoot his wad after six. He takes rounds off after that. I don't think that will be an issue for Canelo as would be a pressure guy that makes you fight all 12.

Kovalev can box and fights off his jab. Canelo would have to work to get inside. That takes a lot of stamina. I can’t remember a fight where Canelo didn’t tire in the later rounds lol 

and to boot, Canelo doesnt have fast feet so he cant close distance with great speed. unless Kovalev is crippled by a catchweight clause I think he breaks Canelo into little pieces at long range.

I thank Canelo Starches him with Body Shots

Canelo's power is there for the like of Khan, Smith and Fielding - the same Fiedling the better Smith blew out in a round.

But when ever he has stepped up to real championship level, I can't remember him even dropping anyone let alone starch them.  

7/3/19 3:51 AM
1/10/13
Barry_BondsMVP -
Stern -

Mungui vs Golovkin possible for September. That’d be an entertaining fight. 

I’m hearing Canelo v Munguia 

Unless  Canelo completey gasses from bouncing shots off of Munguia's easy to find chin, it will be all one way traffic for Canelo. Munguia is tough, but severely lacking in defense and technique.

7/3/19 12:07 PM
7/5/03
Stern - 

Mungui vs Golovkin possible for September. That’d be an entertaining fight. 

It will be fun for a few rounds Golovkin would find his chin and dome to easy. Although Munguia has yet to be dropped I see him being KO in brutal fashion.
7/3/19 9:05 PM
12/30/12

Canelo considering Andrade for September 14th

7/6/19 1:37 PM
11/2/09

Hello you boxing freaks :) 

-Noob

Edited: 7/6/19 1:50 PM
1/11/13
Randy Watson -
BradGluckman -
cuttooth - 
Barry_BondsMVP -
BradGluckman -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

Anyone think Canelo will really fight Kovalev? Catch weight? Would be an interesting style match up. Kovalev's jab and power could trouble Canelo a lot. Conversely, Canelo's youth & body attack would be problematic for Sergei. All I know is that if I'm representing Kovalev, I'm demanding the strictest drug testing available. I don't believe a natural Canelo belongs at 175lbs. And, it's not like he's above suspicion either. 

I feel it’s a negotiation tactic with team GGG. Even though Kovalev isn’t the same he’s still dangerous. Canelo’s power won’t go up with him and he doesn’t have the cardio to box for 12 rounds.

Kovalev is not a 12 round pressure fighter. He seems to shoot his wad after six. He takes rounds off after that. I don't think that will be an issue for Canelo as would be a pressure guy that makes you fight all 12.

Kovalev can box and fights off his jab. Canelo would have to work to get inside. That takes a lot of stamina. I can’t remember a fight where Canelo didn’t tire in the later rounds lol 

and to boot, Canelo doesnt have fast feet so he cant close distance with great speed. unless Kovalev is crippled by a catchweight clause I think he breaks Canelo into little pieces at long range.

Canelo's power is there for the like of Khan, Smith and Fielding - the same Fiedling the better Smith blew out in a round.

But when ever he has stepped up to real championship level, I can't remember him even dropping anyone let alone starch them.  

Trout is all i can think of. it was a beautiful straight right if im remembering correctly. 

im not saying Trout was anything special but it was championship level. technically

edit: sorry misread you actually said "real championship level"  

so no one really 

7/7/19 9:24 AM
1/13/10

Looks like Wilder v Fury is a go for Feb

7/7/19 7:46 PM
1/10/13
Browny85 -
Randy Watson -
BradGluckman -
cuttooth - 
Barry_BondsMVP -
BradGluckman -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

Trout is all i can think of. it was a beautiful straight right if im remembering correctly. 

im not saying Trout was anything special but it was championship level. technically

edit: sorry misread you actually said "real championship level"  

so no one really 

I've argued for years that Canelo's power is very overrated. He only knocksout guys that are moving up to fight him(excuding Fielding and Kirkland). Canelo has average power at best.

Also, I seen Oscar saying Canelo vs Kovalev is being discussed. Kovalev has slipped quite a bit. Kovalev has some issues going outside of the ring too, so they might think he is ripe for the picking.

7/7/19 8:55 PM
1/13/10

I don’t see it as his power being overrated... it reminds me of Floyd’s power when he moved up. He had enough sting on his punches to make fighters respect it. Both Floyd and Canelo throw really good combinations and are quick. So it’s the speed of the counters which creates power that makes their opponents hesitant.

7/9/19 9:52 AM
1/10/13
Barry_BondsMVP -

I don’t see it as his power being overrated... it reminds me of Floyd’s power when he moved up. He had enough sting on his punches to make fighters respect it. Both Floyd and Canelo throw really good combinations and are quick. So it’s the speed of the counters which creates power that makes their opponents hesitant.

Floyd at 130lbs and even 135lbs had good power. His speed and timing really helped his power. At 147 his power is average at best. He used his ability to dictate distance to make up for his lack of power. The way he was able to constantly change distances led to opponents never getting comfortable or establish their timing. I do not believe he was close to the best fighter ever, but he was the best at controlling distances in fights.

7/9/19 10:09 AM
1/13/10

http://thaboxingvoice.com/sugar-shane-mosley-floyd-has-the-power-to-hurt-manny-pacquiao/38775/

just one example when I mean people underestimate his power. 

7/10/19 12:25 AM
9/19/12

Anyone see Floyd go down in that chairty basketball match?  Intial reports were his ankles were broken.  Not sure about that. 

7/10/19 12:29 AM
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

Anyone see Floyd go down in that chairty basketball match?  Intial reports were his ankles were broken.  Not sure about that. 

Lol yea I posted it on the UG last night 

7/10/19 4:34 PM
1/1/01
boxing wiz -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Floyd at 130lbs and even 135lbs had good power. His speed and timing really helped his power. At 147 his power is average at best. He used his ability to dictate distance to make up for his lack of power. The way he was able to constantly change distances led to opponents never getting comfortable or establish their timing. I do not believe he was close to the best fighter ever, but he was the best at controlling distances in fights.

Very well stated. His ability to control the range is what would take the other guys jab away. Then they’d literally be unable to mount much offense. 

So the only way to fight him was to basically throw caution to the wind and go balls to the wall like maidana did 

7/10/19 5:24 PM
1/13/10

JMM also said his reach is very deceiving. His arms are long as hell so guys couldn’t really get inside. 

7/10/19 7:30 PM
5/29/06

Mayweather might go down as boxing’s greatest fighter of all time , surpassing SRR 

7/10/19 11:10 PM
5/12/03
Chapulin Colorado -

Mayweather might go down as boxing’s greatest fighter of all time , surpassing SRR 

Heresy.

7/11/19 9:32 AM
6/5/03
Stern -

Canelo considering Andrade for September 14th

Then the winners of Canelo vs Andrade and Golovkin vs Mungui can meet to start 2020.

7/12/19 3:17 PM
6/28/04
Anyone pumped for DDD v Goman and Joyce v Jennings !?
7/12/19 3:42 PM
1/13/10

How good is Dubious chin? Been tested yet? Any sparring stories lol?

7/12/19 9:45 PM
1/13/10

So Khan stopped Dib In the fourth lol

7/12/19 10:05 PM
1/9/05
Plant vs Lee has my interest.
7/12/19 10:37 PM
5/13/10

Awesome to see Murata winning the rematch like that

7/12/19 11:34 PM
1/1/01
CiganoBoxer - Anyone pumped for DDD v Goman and Joyce v Jennings !?

Hell yea, Joyce has looked so vulnerable I'm shocked they're matching him this tough. It's a real 50/50 fight, IMO.
7/13/19 2:56 AM
12/30/12
CiganoBoxer - Anyone pumped for DDD v Goman and Joyce v Jennings !?

Yeah I’m looking forward to both. I think Gorman might upset Dubois. We’ll have to see. Dubois is just a brutal puncher.