UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

23 days ago
1/1/01
Sounds like the Rigo fight on Sunday was actually really good. I regret not watching it.

He's still a viable contender at 122. I'd like to see Rigo vs. Daniel Roman.
23 days ago
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Sounds like the Rigo fight on Sunday was actually really good. I regret not watching it.

I heard Mora stopped it prematurely. Fox didn’t even show a replay of how Ceja looked after the knock down... pretty shady.

23 days ago
7/7/12

Rigo is mandatory for Rey Vargas' title now. it was a good fight, Rigo stood in the pocket and traded. very strange to see.

22 days ago
6/5/03

Rigo was hurt several times and was on his way to losing a decision until landing that big shot.  He hasn't been in a lot of wars but at his age he does not need to take any more sustained punishment like that.

He made that fight much harder than it needed to be.

22 days ago
7/20/01
Barry_BondsMVP - 
Tomato Can - Sounds like the Rigo fight on Sunday was actually really good. I regret not watching it.

I heard Mora stopped it prematurely. Fox didn’t even show a replay of how Ceja looked after the knock down... pretty shady.

he definitely showed the ref that he still wanted to fight - short of putting his gloves on his ears, I don't know what more he could have done. watched it a dozen times & I do NOT like it. And neither did joel diaz as the whole corner left the ring asap. and after the taking points from both fighters due to low blows (wtf?), if seemed like the REF was looking for a way out of that fight lol
22 days ago
7/20/01
fuck I can't remember the last time a ref took points from both fighters simultaneously for *any* foul(s)
22 days ago
7/20/01

fuck it here's a gif.  he gets put on his ass, gets up, nods to the ref several times, walks towards him when asked & shows his gloves, and then it's waved off??  nicht gut.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

22 days ago
1/13/10

Yea that wasn’t a good stoppage, at least let him continue for a little bit longer. 

22 days ago
2/14/10
branchdavidian - fuck I can't remember the last time a ref took points from both fighters simultaneously for *any* foul(s)

Jack Reiss. Ward-Rodriguez. They both got 2 point deductions, meaning the next foul would result in a DQ. 

21 days ago
7/7/12

https://wbcboxing.com/en/saul-canelo-alvarez-wbc-franchise-champion/

Canelo is now the "Franchise WBC Champion" (yes thats now a real thing) and Jermall Charlo got upgraded from interim WBC champion to the full champion

21 days ago
1/10/13
cuttooth -

https://wbcboxing.com/en/saul-canelo-alvarez-wbc-franchise-champion/

Canelo is now the "Franchise WBC Champion" (yes thats now a real thing) and Jermall Charlo got upgraded from interim WBC champion to the full champion

More belts means their will be more money coming from fighter paying sanctioning fees to fight for one of the belts.

21 days ago
1/10/13

A couple fights back Canelo refused to pay them the money they wanted to sanction his fight. They must have worked out a lower cut.

21 days ago
1/13/10

They are crooks 

21 days ago
10/24/10
branchdavidian -

fuck it here's a gif.  he gets put on his ass, gets up, nods to the ref several times, walks towards him when asked & shows his gloves, and then it's waved off??  nicht gut.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

That's a bad stoppage.

21 days ago
12/30/12

Lomachenko vs Campbell set for August 31st in the UK. WBA,wbo,and wbc belts on the line.

21 days ago
9/19/12

Billy Dib out of retiremen to face Amir Khan on two weeks notice....

21 days ago
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

Lol

20 days ago
1/13/10

20 days ago
1/10/13
Barry_BondsMVP -
Randy Watson -

Lol

Khan must want a win really bad. What a complete joke.

18 days ago
1/13/10

https://www.boxingscene.com/chad-dawson-decision-quinton-rankin-results--140458?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Chad Dawson came back tonight 

18 days ago
2/14/14

Not very stacked 

18 days ago
5/12/03

Anyone think Canelo will really fight Kovalev? Catch weight? Would be an interesting style match up. Kovalev's jab and power could trouble Canelo a lot. Conversely, Canelo's youth & body attack would be problematic for Sergei. All I know is that if I'm representing Kovalev, I'm demanding the strictest drug testing available. I don't believe a natural Canelo belongs at 175lbs. And, it's not like he's above suspicion either. 

18 days ago
1/13/10
chadk -

Anyone think Canelo will really fight Kovalev? Catch weight? Would be an interesting style match up. Kovalev's jab and power could trouble Canelo a lot. Conversely, Canelo's youth & body attack would be problematic for Sergei. All I know is that if I'm representing Kovalev, I'm demanding the strictest drug testing available. I don't believe a natural Canelo belongs at 175lbs. And, it's not like he's above suspicion either. 

I feel it’s a negotiation tactic with team GGG. Even though Kovalev isn’t the same he’s still dangerous. Canelo’s power won’t go up with him and he doesn’t have the cardio to box for 12 rounds.

15 days ago
7/5/03
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

I feel it’s a negotiation tactic with team GGG. Even though Kovalev isn’t the same he’s still dangerous. Canelo’s power won’t go up with him and he doesn’t have the cardio to box for 12 rounds.

Kovalev is not a 12 round pressure fighter. He seems to shoot his wad after six. He takes rounds off after that. I don't think that will be an issue for Canelo as would be a pressure guy that makes you fight all 12.
15 days ago
1/13/10
BradGluckman -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

Kovalev is not a 12 round pressure fighter. He seems to shoot his wad after six. He takes rounds off after that. I don't think that will be an issue for Canelo as would be a pressure guy that makes you fight all 12.

Kovalev can box and fights off his jab. Canelo would have to work to get inside. That takes a lot of stamina. I can’t remember a fight where Canelo didn’t tire in the later rounds lol