UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/20/19 12:19 AM
1/23/06
Thurman will win a decision and get jobbed on the cards. Manny vs. Mayweather 2 is a very real possibility.
7/20/19 12:22 AM
1/1/01
Won't be surprised if Thurman loses legit. He looked like shit last time out and hasn't had an impressive win in 3+ years.
7/20/19 12:23 AM
1/13/10
CRE -
TzTinkle - 
branchdavidian - damn this is a tough scene to watch with dadashev. thank god they are giving him medical attention immediately

He really wasn't responsive in his corner after the fight, he was just staring. I don't know why the gurney didn't come out right then.

See this what I be talking about nobody really knows what we fighters go through. Hope he ok.

Yes he’s not lying 

7/20/19 12:24 AM
1/13/10
CRE - Thurman will win a decision and get jobbed on the cards. Manny vs. Mayweather 2 is a very real possibility.

Plausible 

7/20/19 12:25 AM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Won't be surprised if Thurman loses legit. He looked like shit last time out and hasn't had an impressive win in 3+ years.

Depends on how smart Keith is. He can make it easy on himself and box behind his jab, throw those check hooks like Floyd when Manny rushes in. He needs to be the matador.

Edited: 7/20/19 12:33 AM
1/23/06

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27225273/dadashev-taken-hospital-defeat-matias

Apparently lost consciousness in the ambulance and vomiting.

Now going into surgery for massive brain swelling. 

7/20/19 12:41 AM
1/23/06
Barry_BondsMVP - 
CRE - Thurman will win a decision and get jobbed on the cards. Manny vs. Mayweather 2 is a very real possibility.

Plausible 

Cool clip. I like how they offer the camera guy food repeatedly.

7/20/19 12:44 AM
1/13/10
CRE -

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27225273/dadashev-taken-hospital-defeat-matias

Apparently lost consciousness in the ambulance and vomiting.

Now going into surgery for massive brain swelling. 

This is the tough part of the sport. Sad to hear.

7/20/19 12:45 AM
1/1/01
Garbage cards. Fight was way closer than that.
7/20/19 12:48 AM
1/13/10
CRE -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Plausible 

Very cool, thanks for the contributions on the thread. 

My buddy was just at his house recently... apparently he allows fans to come over while he’s training. 

7/20/19 12:51 AM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Garbage cards. Fight was way closer than that.

Who won the Teofimo fight and how did he look?

7/20/19 1:15 AM
1/23/06
Barry_BondsMVP - 
CRE -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Plausible 

My buddy was just at his house recently... apparently he allows fans to come over while he’s training. 

Awesome. Pacquiao has become even friendlier with age. I think Floyd's management is hoping Manny can get a big KO or something to make a rematch matter or simply make sense. Thurman being under the Mayweather Promotions banner makes it feel like a setup, albeit a truly difficult one, what I've seen of Thurman he's kind of Benson Henderson when he was UFC Champ, makes the fight kind of weird, ugly, not good looking and finds a way to grind out a victory. Not a boxer I've seen much of. Will watch.
7/20/19 1:18 AM
1/23/06

Why did Thurman vacate the WBC Welterweight title? 

7/20/19 1:32 AM
1/13/10
CRE -

Why did Thurman vacate the WBC Welterweight title? 

He suffered back to back injuries and felt he needed to relinquish them while recovering.

7/20/19 1:36 AM
1/13/10
CRE -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
CRE -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Plausible 

Awesome. Pacquiao has become even friendlier with age. I think Floyd's management is hoping Manny can get a big KO or something to make a rematch matter or simply make sense. Thurman being under the Mayweather Promotions banner makes it feel like a setup, albeit a truly difficult one, what I've seen of Thurman he's kind of Benson Henderson when he was UFC Champ, makes the fight kind of weird, ugly, not good looking and finds a way to grind out a victory. Not a boxer I've seen much of. Will watch.

Yea that’s a good comparison, he doesn’t blow guys out, finds ways to win. But he does have a weakness and that’s body shots. A few times he’s turned his back on his opponents and basically ran after taking some body blows. 

If I’m Roach. I’m attacking the body like I’m Canelo from the opening round.

Keith gets a lot of hate from the hardcore fan base.. his heart isn’t always in the sport, and he’s basically been ducking Errol Spence for a few years now.

7/20/19 9:09 AM
7/8/14

Been busy and haven't been keeping up with the boxing scene as of late but have a pretty open day today and remember that its Thurman v. Pacquiao which now gives me something to look forward to. 

Gonna make up some good food, get some drinks and plant my ass down and relax with some boxing tonight. I don't really have a dog in the fight but never really was that big of a Thurman fan so pulling for Manny here.

7/20/19 10:03 AM
11/9/05

The Dadashev situation made me think of Prichard Colon. Awful.

Edited: 7/20/19 10:41 AM
1/13/10

Or Magomed Abdusalamov 

7/20/19 11:01 AM
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I think he legitimately won, but it was more like 8-4 or 7-5 than the ridiculously wide cards which all had it 11-1 or 10-2.

Maybe it was good for him to be forced to go 12, but he was definitely surprised that Nakatani was not a pushover. He is nowhere near ready for Lomachenko. Pedraza might be a good fight for him.
7/20/19 11:19 AM
1/13/10
Tomato Can -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I think he legitimately won, but it was more like 8-4 or 7-5 than the ridiculously wide cards which all had it 11-1 or 10-2.

Maybe it was good for him to be forced to go 12, but he was definitely surprised that Nakatani was not a pushover. He is nowhere near ready for Lomachenko. Pedraza might be a good fight for him.

Let him fight Gary Russell 

7/20/19 12:24 PM
1/1/01
Isn't Gary Russell a couple of weight classes lower?
7/20/19 1:52 PM
5/23/13

After Plant beats Mike Lee, how do you guys see Plant vs David Benavidez 

7/20/19 2:22 PM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Isn't Gary Russell a couple of weight classes lower?

I could be wrong I thought he was at 130 recently or wanted to fight there. He’s begging for big fights, he could get around the weight. 

7/20/19 2:23 PM
1/13/10
AlphaTardTravisFan -

After Plant beats Mike Lee, how do you guys see Plant vs David Benavidez 

That would be a good fight. Whoever’s cardio holds up wins 

7/20/19 2:28 PM
10/14/07
Barry_BondsMVP - 
CRE -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Plausible 

Funny story, in Pinas my cousin is an Atty at a law firm that represents some of Pacquiao's business interests, so she actually went over to his home in General Santos City (its a landmark there) to drop off some documentation and he was home, so as it goes she was just going to be in and our etc etc because she is still working.. She ended up eat lunch their with him and hanging out for a few hours because he was in a chatty mood, from all account a very friendly guy.

I can see why the political powers that be in the Philippines are threatened by him , vary charming, and personable. They keep trashing him saying he is too stupid to run for President yet he already has some mahjor legislative accomplishments under his belt.

That's why i appreciate this next year and a half because come and of 2020 he is done as a fighter.