UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

29 days ago
7/2/07
pharochuck - 
chadk -

Adrien Broner saying he saw Thurman out gambling at 0400 two nights in a row this week. Stupid if true. https://youtu.be/b2eOMuPEZDA

I just saw that. I like Broner saying he cussed out Thurman’s crew. No way in the world should the hangers on not been imploring him to get rest and be focused. 

Maybe he was trying the Mayweather schedule ?

Or adjusting to time zone and fight time.

29 days ago
5/12/03

I think he was too nervous to sleep. 

28 days ago
1/1/01
BTW, I told y'all Pac would win legit.

I hope they make Bud/Pac happen. It's the best fight that can be made in the division after Bud/Spence which is one of those fights that will never happen due to inter-promotional bullshit.
28 days ago
6/23/14
Tomato Can - BTW, I told y'all Pac would win legit.

I hope they make Bud/Pac happen. It's the best fight that can be made in the division after Bud/Spence which is one of those fights that will never happen due to inter-promotional bullshit.

Same inter-promotional BS there. Manny is with Haymon now.

28 days ago
1/1/01
So basically Haymon has total hegemony over the entire WW division except for the #1 guy? What a fucking mess.
27 days ago
1/9/05
Plant looked awesome. Maybe it was because Lee looked bad, but plant looked great. Good timing, mixed up combos, good in and out movement, good lateral movement, nice slipping, punching from different angles, and totally relaxed.

I'd like to see him against some of the other top fighters at 168.
27 days ago
5/21/12

So where do you guys rank Pacqauio in ATG rankings? 

I’m a self confessed Pactard but without being too biased I think for what he’s achieved & who he’s beaten throughout his career he deserves to be in the top 10 GOAT. I know some of you may scoff at that but he’s the only fighter to win titles in 8 different weight classes. His resume of wins is incredible, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, DLH, Cotto & Margarito to name just a few. He’s won another world title at 40 by beating an undefeated champ. He’s rarely been in a boring fight & has an epic highlight reel of KO’s/stoppages.

Having said all of that, tell me how this guy shouldn’t be top 10 GOAT?

27 days ago
1/1/01
Dory - Plant looked awesome. Maybe it was because Lee looked bad, but plant looked great. Good timing, mixed up combos, good in and out movement, good lateral movement, nice slipping, punching from different angles, and totally relaxed.

I'd like to see him against some of the other top fighters at 168.

Lee was a can. Plant is legit though. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Rocky Fielding who seems to be the elite gatekeeper at SMW.
27 days ago
1/1/01
Tomato Can - So basically Haymon has total hegemony over the entire WW division except for the #1 guy? What a fucking mess.

spence is the number 1 guy or manny is

27 days ago
1/1/01
Crawford is still #1 to me. But Spence probably passes him if he beats Porter soundly and Crawford continues doing dick-all.
27 days ago
1/1/01
Fedoral Crime - 

I’m a self confessed Pactard but without being too biased I think for what he’s achieved & who he’s beaten throughout his career he deserves to be in the top 10 GOAT. I know some of you may scoff at that but he’s the only fighter to win titles in 8 different weight classes. His resume of wins is incredible, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, DLH, Cotto & Margarito to name just a few. He’s won another world title at 40 by beating an undefeated champ. He’s rarely been in a boring fight & has an epic highlight reel of KO’s/stoppages.

p4p top 20. i have seen some laughable tweets this weekend talking about atg at welter. a person would have to be under 30 to think that. no version of manny beats donald curry. none. a manny who got outboxed by morlaes, mayweather and marquez. aint outboxing curry. and he's not going to match curry in speed and power and make it a brawl.

manny wouldn't win a round against wifred benitez. and he's not gonna out brawl him either. go back and watch benitez against duran or leonard or hearns.

27 days ago
1/1/01
Amazing to consider Manny started his career as a LFW. If you look at the other ATG WWs none of them came even close to that:

Floyd and Oscar started at 130.

Whitaker started at 135.

SRL started at 140 I think?

Manny weighed in at 106 for his pro debut and won his first title at 112.
27 days ago
1/1/01
Tomato Can - Amazing to consider Manny started his career as a LFW. If you look at the other ATG WWs none of them came even close to that:

Whitaker started at 135.

if we use that logic, then we have to state that manny tunred pro at 17 due to country he was living in. in his 20's he was fighting at 130, same as oscar and floyd

if they turned pro at 17 they would have fought at thise weights too. sort of like being impressed with loma winning a world title in such a few amount of fights. floyd was a world champ in less than 4 years from the olympics. imagine if he'd have stayed and went to a second olympics. he would have turned pro at 24 and arguably one of the best in the sport

27 days ago
1/1/01
pharochuck - 
Tomato Can - Amazing to consider Manny started his career as a LFW. If you look at the other ATG WWs none of them came even close to that:

Whitaker started at 135.

if we use that logic, then we have to state that manny tunred pro at 17 due to country he was living in. in his 20's he was fighting at 130, same as oscar and floyd

if they turned pro at 17 they would have fought at thise weights too. sort of like being impressed with loma winning a world title in such a few amount of fights. floyd was a world champ in less than 4 years from the olympics. imagine if he'd have stayed and went to a second olympics. he would have turned pro at 24 and arguably one of the best in the sport

Floyd made his pro debut at age 19 in the 130 pound division. At the same age Manny was just about to dethrone the champ at 112 and win his first legit world title.

I'm not saying this makes Manny better than Floyd or whatever. It's just an incredibly unique accomplishment.
27 days ago
12/30/12
Fedoral Crime -

I’d put him in the top 25 or so all time

27 days ago
1/13/10
Stern -
Fedoral Crime -

I’d put him in the top 25 or so all time

27 days ago
1/13/10

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bomboradyo.com/thurman-ginulat-ang-ilang-international-media-sa-las-vegas/amp/

i believe this is what Boner was talking about?

27 days ago
7/5/03
Sad news Maxim Dadashev passed away

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27244105/boxer-dadashev-dies-friday-fight-injuries
27 days ago
10/24/10

Maxim Dadashev died. One fight can permanently change you life or in this case end it. That's a big reason why I hate seeing guys take beatings for paychecks. I feel for his family, friends and team.

27 days ago
11/9/05

Wow.

27 days ago
3/21/12
tbi0904 - 

Maxim Dadashev died. One fight can permanently change you life or in this case end it. That's a big reason why I hate seeing guys take beatings for paychecks. I feel for his family, friends and team.

RIP Maxim. The only thing I noticed about that fight that would've maybe gave me a pause is his feet started to get confused and unsteady in the later rounds. But I'm not familiar with him as a fighter so I'm not sure how bad he really looked compared to his normal self.
26 days ago
1/13/10

I think doctors need to get more involved, I didn’t watch the fight but was there a ringside physician checking him out at any point? Maybe a more thorough check up between rounds. 

26 days ago
11/9/05
Barry_BondsMVP -

I think doctors need to get more involved, I didn’t watch the fight but was there a ringside physician checking him out at any point? Maybe a more thorough check up between rounds. 

I didn’t notice anything like that, but I’m not overly familiar with how extensive mid fight check ins are.

One thing that seemed clear was Dadashev was really sluggish toward the end, and his punches had nothing behind them. He was also getting lit up and looked as if he couldn’t do anything about it, whether that be blocking shots or moving away from them.

The optics made me feel like the fight needed to be stopped, and I’m no boxing expert. They should definitely figure out some kind of process to get docs more involved.

26 days ago
3/21/12
Barry_BondsMVP - 

If the fight was in New York it probably would've been stopped with those in between round checks the doctors do for fighter balance
26 days ago
1/13/10
itskrisdude -
Barry_BondsMVP -

I didn’t notice anything like that, but I’m not overly familiar with how extensive mid fight check ins are.

One thing that seemed clear was Dadashev was really sluggish toward the end, and his punches had nothing behind them. He was also getting lit up and looked as if he couldn’t do anything about it, whether that be blocking shots or moving away from them.

The optics made me feel like the fight needed to be stopped, and I’m no boxing expert. They should definitely figure out some kind of process to get docs more involved.

I just see them check out their eyes, or whatever cut they are dealing with, they ask are you okay? Of course the corner or fighter is going to lie about it.