UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/27/19 11:10 AM
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Tank Davis fighting my last Uber driver tonight. 

Pathetically Nunez is probably better than his last opponent.
7/27/19 3:03 PM
1/13/10
Tomato Can -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Tank Davis fighting my last Uber driver tonight. 

Pathetically Nunez is probably better than his last opponent.

Lol true true 

7/27/19 7:53 PM
1/13/10

Chavez Sr robbed at gunpoint in Mexico City

https://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idINKCN1UL2UN

7/27/19 10:30 PM
1/30/10
Barry_BondsMVP -

Back in his prime no one would've dared to fuck with him , he was well connected with the Mexican government and with the Felix Arellano drug cartel ....I heard of a story in which the cops/agents  showed up to his house back in the day to arrest him for supposedly not paying some taxes or fees , Chavez called his buddy who was connected with the governor of Sinaloa , within minutes the Mexican attorney general called the police chief and told the chief and lead investigator to leave Chavez the fuck alone , and stated "there are two things you never fuck with here in Mexico  , the Virgin Mary and our beloved Mexican boxing champion "....

7/27/19 10:42 PM
1/1/01

This Farmer fight is just like his last two. Unremarkably outboxing a no-hoper while the announcers gush over him like he's Floyd Mayweather.

7/27/19 10:48 PM
1/13/10
dios -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Back in his prime no one would've dared to fuck with him , he was well connected with the Mexican government and with the Felix Arellano drug cartel ....I heard of a story in which the cops/agents  showed up to his house back in the day to arrest him for supposedly not paying some taxes or fees , Chavez called his buddy who was connected with the governor of Sinaloa , within minutes the Mexican attorney general called the police chief and told the chief and lead investigator to leave Chavez the fuck alone , and stated "there are two things you never fuck with here in Mexico  , the Virgin Mary and our beloved Mexican boxing champion "....

No respect these days is the problem. 

7/27/19 10:49 PM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - This Farmer fight is just like his last two. Unremarkably outboxing a no-hoper while the announcers gush over him like he's Floyd Mayweather.

Farmer and Davis need to fight already 

7/27/19 10:52 PM
1/1/01

I don't even need Farmer to unify, just give me a decent title defense already. The announcers mentioned Joe Diaz as a possibility. That would be fine with me.

7/27/19 11:00 PM
7/8/14

Man that was some nasty punches that Gervonta was landing but wth man that was an early stoppage 

7/27/19 11:44 PM
1/1/01

Looking forward to this Hooker/Ramirez unification a ton. Dropped $20 on a month of DAZN just for this. I think Hooker edges it but it's a 50/50 fight.

7/28/19 12:14 AM
1/1/01

Holy crap, finish out of nowhere in a brilliant back-and-forth fight.

7/28/19 12:19 AM
1/13/10

Following a play by play sounds like he was getting hit clean by Ramirez's left hook all night. That one that started the flurry finally did him in.

7/28/19 12:20 AM
12/30/12

Man that was a good fight. God damn what a finish by Ramirez. Good stoppage by Mark Nelson.

7/28/19 2:49 AM
1/10/13
Tomato Can - I don't even need Farmer to unify, just give me a decent title defense already. The announcers mentioned Joe Diaz as a possibility. That would be fine with me.

Jo Jo has been trying to get a fight with Tevin. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Tank. Tank looks unbeatable lately, but it's against lower tiered guys. Jo Jo would do a lot better against him than most think. I'd rather see him against Tank more than him vs Farmer. 

7/28/19 4:16 AM
12/22/10
dios -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Younger generation never gives a fuck.  I'm surprised it wasn't worse.

7/28/19 10:29 AM
1/1/01
boxing wiz - 
Tomato Can - I don't even need Farmer to unify, just give me a decent title defense already. The announcers mentioned Joe Diaz as a possibility. That would be fine with me.

Jo Jo has been trying to get a fight with Tevin. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Tank. Tank looks unbeatable lately, but it's against lower tiered guys. Jo Jo would do a lot better against him than most think. I'd rather see him against Tank more than him vs Farmer. 

What I think most of us would really want is Berchelt vs. Davis, but of course that's the best fight that can be made in the division, so it will never happen.
7/28/19 10:55 AM
1/10/13
Tomato Can -
boxing wiz - 

What I think most of us would really want is Berchelt vs. Davis, but of course that's the best fight that can be made in the division, so it will never happen.

Any mix of the top 8 or so guys makes great fighte. Berchelt would likely open as an underdog vs Tank, but would probably close at worst even money. Farmer vs Jo Jo is possibly the worst matchup to make out of the top 10/champions. Neither have much power and both like to let opponents lead and sit back and counterpunch. Cancio is a tough dude who seems to have greatly improved. It could be a fun couple of years if these matchups start happening.

7/28/19 10:59 AM
1/1/01

Also Rakhimov is an interesting wild card in the division if he ever leaves Russia. Undefeated with a high KO rate and already a couple of good names (Klassen, Castellanos) on his record.

7/28/19 12:06 PM
7/20/01
Tomato Can - Looking forward to this Hooker/Ramirez unification a ton. Dropped $20 on a month of DAZN just for this. I think Hooker edges it but it's a 50/50 fight.

man what a fucking FIGHT!! I don't like how the ref was admonishing them for not stopping after hearing the bell - I thought the bell is a tool for the ref to step in and end the action, but I don't know the exact rule so sry if that's wrong.. He was pretty good with the stoppage though - dude was hung up there on the ropes and only took one free shot before the ref jumped in. That could have gotten ugly quick..
7/28/19 12:08 PM
7/20/01

and if anyone hasn't already heard..

all
the
best
fights
com

:]

7/29/19 9:36 PM
1/13/10

Kovalev in trouble again for harassing another woman. He was thrown off a plane for trying to grab a female passangers hand, trying to kiss her and threw money at her. 

He also got into a few heated arguments with several passengers. Dude is a pos and needs to be in jail. 

7/29/19 9:48 PM
1/30/10
Barry_BondsMVP -

Kovalev in trouble again for harassing another woman. He was thrown off a plane for trying to grab a female passangers hand, trying to kiss her and threw money at her. 

He also got into a few heated arguments with several passengers. Dude is a pos and needs to be in jail. 

Was he drunk? Rumors are that he's close to signing to fight canelo 

7/29/19 11:41 PM
1/13/10
dios -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Was he drunk? Rumors are that he's close to signing to fight canelo 

Wasn't mentioned in the article, but I wouldn't be surprised 

7/30/19 12:03 AM
1/1/01

I thought Canelo was fighting Derevyachenko.

The idea that DAZN spent a gazillion dollars signing Canelo and GGG only for them to not fight each other is fucking bonkers.

7/30/19 1:12 AM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - I thought Canelo was fighting Derevyachenko.

The idea that DAZN spent a gazillion dollars signing Canelo and GGG only for them to not fight each other is fucking bonkers.

Just read Canelo and Derevyanko deadline is being pushed back. DAZN wants a bigger name.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sources-canelo-derevyanchenko-deadline-extended--141300?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook