UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/19/19 6:57 PM
6/5/03
Barry_BondsMVP -
EKPOGI -

I think I read it's a DWI misdemeanor.i didn't know dwi was a misdemeanor,or is this celebrity misdemeanor?

Celebrity imo. any of us would have a harsher punishment 

Apparently it's because his blood alcohol level was below .15.

10/20/19 12:35 AM
1/1/01
williepep -
pharochuck - 
williepep -
Disagree with all these baseless claims about Crawford.

Also a lot of general statements about lack of talent of opposition.

Perhaps you should consider that shows just how good he is that he makes his opposition look without skills. Additionally it is hard to find opponents willing to fight Crawford.

Same thing used to be said about Roy. Now history shows, that the guys he were fighting weren’t very good and he somehow managed to be considered p4p without fighting the real killers at 168 or 175. 

It was thought that Roy would ‘kill’ those guys anyway so no pressure was placed on him

but looking back properly a guy who in his prime was outboxed by griffin and dropped by Del Valle might not exactly have ‘killed’ Darius or nunn or benn 

crawford is exactly like Roy in the regards is he’s being considered the top guy without ever facing on 35 fights a guy who could match him physically and skill wise. If he were to get in there with Thurman, Garcia or porter or Spence they’d immediately be the most dangerous guy by far he’s faced 

One of my old coaches fought Nunn.

It may be a stretch to call the guy coach, maybe more like a coach that later owned a gym who tolerated me working out at the gym and occasionally worked with me.

I get the feeling that Crawford may be a little too down home or "street" for you and Barry which makes you guys not give him a fair shake.

If that is true, I get it, not everyone is comfortable with that environment.

Lol, bud is from Omaha Nebraska. I’m from Oakland. There’s nothing street about bud. Sure he’s from an impoverished area and seems to have had a tough upbringing. But he wouldn’t be considered ‘street’ around here and I’ve been to Omaha to what they consider the ‘hood’ it’s relatively safe. 

Im on Twitter a lot and at one point lot of media and boxing Twitter was very anti pbc and very anti al Haymon. Crawford is very talented. 

However I feel that a lot of the media praise and adulation he got was due to the establishment media wanting to elevate a non pbc fighter. He was literally walking into the ring in the mid 150’s fighting at 130-135. Everyone he fought was physically outmatched. Can’t give a guy that exalted ranking and he’s never fought a guy who posed a problem. He’s the second coming of Roy Jones. 

Guys on here claiming he’d beat the shit out of Thurman. Thurman would knock out every single guy Crawford has faced. Crawford would be facing a guy just as fast as him, physically the same size as him and harder puncher who’s been an elite fighter at every level and you guys are saying he’d beat the shit out of Thurman. Based on wins at 140 and khan? Lol, that’s just outlandish to me. 

10/20/19 12:40 AM
1/1/01
williepep -
pharochuck - 
williepep -
Disagree with all these baseless claims about Crawford.

Also a lot of general statements about lack of talent of opposition.

Perhaps you should consider that shows just how good he is that he makes his opposition look without skills. Additionally it is hard to find opponents willing to fight Crawford.

Same thing used to be said about Roy. Now history shows, that the guys he were fighting weren’t very good and he somehow managed to be considered p4p without fighting the real killers at 168 or 175. 

It was thought that Roy would ‘kill’ those guys anyway so no pressure was placed on him

but looking back properly a guy who in his prime was outboxed by griffin and dropped by Del Valle might not exactly have ‘killed’ Darius or nunn or benn 

crawford is exactly like Roy in the regards is he’s being considered the top guy without ever facing on 35 fights a guy who could match him physically and skill wise. If he were to get in there with Thurman, Garcia or porter or Spence they’d immediately be the most dangerous guy by far he’s faced 

One of my old coaches fought Nunn.

It may be a stretch to call the guy coach, maybe more like a coach that later owned a gym who tolerated me working out at the gym and occasionally worked with me.

I get the feeling that Crawford may be a little too down home or "street" for you and Barry which makes you guys not give him a fair shake.

If that is true, I get it, not everyone is comfortable with that environment.

And nunn beats Roy easily at 160 or 168. 

None of the things that Roy did that were so impressive would have worked against nunn. Nunn would have toyed with him

the way to beat nunn was to take a shellacking and then grit your teeth and go blood and guts. Roy wasn’t that type of fighter and didn’t have that demeanor 

10/20/19 12:45 AM
9/19/19

lol @ omaha being street

10/20/19 1:56 AM
1/13/10

Lol Willlliieeeeeee my wife is from Compton, I use to be ghetto and hung around gang bangers  lol. Now I’m old and a lot less ghetto haha. 

rooting against bud has nothing to do with the streets etc lol

10/20/19 1:01 PM
7/27/11

So how do you guys feel about Beterbiev?

Kind of like his style, as ugly as it may be. Just an insanely powerful athlete.

10/20/19 1:56 PM
1/13/10
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Kind of like his style, as ugly as it may be. Just an insanely powerful athlete.

He’s a brute, I think he can get our boxed. Maybe Bivol is the man to do so? If Bivol can handle his strength he could do it.

10/20/19 2:56 PM
1/9/05
I think Beterbiev is the David Lemieux of the light heavyweights. Decent boxer, good power, but can be outclassed by a mobile fighter with any pop.
10/20/19 3:21 PM
1/13/10
Dory - I think Beterbiev is the David Lemieux of the light heavyweights. Decent boxer, good power, but can be outclassed by a mobile fighter with any pop.

Or Gassiev 

10/20/19 3:22 PM
10/24/10
Barry_BondsMVP -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

He’s a brute, I think he can get our boxed. Maybe Bivol is the man to do so? If Bivol can handle his strength he could do it.

I would favor Bivol. I think he hits just hard enough to keep Berterbiev honest.

Edited: 10/20/19 3:23 PM
1/13/10

Wrong thread lol

10/20/19 3:31 PM
1/13/10
tbi0904 -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

I would favor Bivol. I think he hits just hard enough to keep Berterbiev honest.

That’s how I feel too. With Bivol’s boxing and countering, Beterbiev’s come forward style fits perfect for Bivol.

10/20/19 3:41 PM
10/24/10

I'll post one more time about Crawford. There's a reason Floyd & Lomachenko have called him the pfp best (I wouldn't go that far). Crawford is the very definition of versatility. He can box, he can brawl. He can move, he can bang on the inside. He can fight with either hand. He's not a huge puncher but he does damage and most importantly he's got that dog in him. He enjoys breaking guys down & crushing their will. Thurman hasn't beaten anyone that Crawford wouldn't either & he'd look better doing it. Yes that includes Porter & Garcia. Thurman just got beat by a past his prime Pacquiao. He barely fights anymore and he's been injured forever. They fight right now Bud beats the Gatorade out of him. The only criticism I agree with is Top Rank & PBC need to get over themselves and make the fights we all want to see.

10/20/19 4:28 PM
7/2/07
The neighborhoods and towns you guys just named you are used to gentrified or at least anglicized population.

I was just simply stating that Bud may be a little too down home for you to accept or to give a fair evaluation.

Actually the fact that he is from the heartland of America or fly over country may also make you underestimate him. I hope that is not the case because as you know most of the best athletes in the US come from small towns and many from small towns in the Southeast.

No reason to take these comments too serious it was just something I wanted to poke you guys with because it has crossed my mind but not in a serious manner.

10/20/19 5:12 PM
1/1/01
Uhtred Ragnarson -

I like him. He’s a scary dude. Hopefully they can get him and Bivol together quickly 

10/21/19 12:16 AM
12/30/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -

He’s a beast

10/21/19 12:30 AM
9/19/12

Just watching it now and Gvozdyk landed some solid clean shots but Beterbiev just does not seem the least bit bothered.

10/21/19 12:49 AM
9/19/12

Gvozdyk ahead on two of three cards before the stoppage by the way.

10/21/19 1:15 AM
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

Gvozdyk ahead on two of three cards before the stoppage by the way.

I caught it from the 7th on and didn’t think he won a round lol

10/21/19 5:02 AM
9/19/12

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mv8cr Full fight here.  There was some rounds that Gvozdyk clearly won I though.  Some rounds when you look at the replays, Beterbiev threw and missed a lot too.

10/21/19 12:46 PM
4/19/16
Oh Oscar......

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/21/oscar-de-la-hoya-sued-for-sexual-assault/
10/21/19 1:17 PM
1/13/10

Yea was just gonna come and post that about Oscar. Smh.

10/21/19 2:14 PM
4/19/16
Not even going as far back as the fishnets (which is tame considering the more recent news)

But the kitchen utensils and now this news. Oscar is beyond help at this point.
10/21/19 2:20 PM
1/13/10

Yea he needs a full rehab stint, not a 30 day celebrity bs trip

10/21/19 3:08 PM
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP -

Yea he needs a full rehab stint, not a 30 day celebrity bs trip

Oscar is just a sexual deviant. Lot of people have forgot that he had close to a dozen underage r Kelley type lawsuits that he settled out of court. 

Between underage girls, cross dressing while high, alleged pegging and cases of flatout taking the vagina

its safe to say Oscar is non redeemable.