UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/21/19 4:02 PM
1/13/10
pharochuck -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Yea he needs a full rehab stint, not a 30 day celebrity bs trip

Oscar is just a sexual deviant. Lot of people have forgot that he had close to a dozen underage r Kelley type lawsuits that he settled out of court. 

Between underage girls, cross dressing while high, alleged pegging and cases of flatout taking the vagina

its safe to say Oscar is non redeemable. 

Never knew about the R Kelly type of laws lawsuits. With the way he is sexually, makes you wonder if he was molested growing up. 

10/21/19 7:39 PM
1/13/10

Has any of my British friends heard of this 19 year old prospect, Dennis McCann? They are comparing some of his attributes to Naz. 

10/21/19 10:20 PM
7/2/07
Wanderluster - Not even going as far back as the fishnets (which is tame considering the more recent news)

But the kitchen utensils and now this news. Oscar is beyond help at this point.

I always assumed that picture was a fake so sounds like that is not the case.

What the hell is this other stuff ?

By the way Chuck & Barry have I ever told you about the time I worked the bag next to Oscar ?

He was working pads while I worked a heavy bag.

10/22/19 12:03 AM
1/13/10

Lol no you haven’t told us that one yet Will 

10/22/19 12:53 AM
1/11/13
Barry_BondsMVP -

Has any of my British friends heard of this 19 year old prospect, Dennis McCann? They are comparing some of his attributes to Naz. 

Yea I've seen very little of him truth be told however, we're so quick to label any potential as the next (insert name).

Happens with football (soccer) all the time 

10/22/19 12:58 AM
7/2/07
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Wait it is like I am being doubted.

Nah I hope you see I recognize the humor. I mention some small encounter with several people named on the thread.

Oscar was still with Team USA at the time. I remember telling people it was like watching a machine on the punching mitts. I truly was in awe.

Team USA was getting in some work in the gym before a meet with the Russian team.
30 days ago
10/24/10

So we're a week & a half out from Canelo/Kovalev and I don't see a whole lot of buzz for it. This is a pretty big step up for Canelo and I thought there would be more.

30 days ago
1/13/10
tbi0904 -

So we're a week & a half out from Canelo/Kovalev and I don't see a whole lot of buzz for it. This is a pretty big step up for Canelo and I thought there would be more.

Fight week it should pick up. I still see it as a real tough fight. Canelo needs to get through the first half of the fight. I gave my thoughts a few pages ago I believe 

30 days ago
1/13/10
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Nah I hope you see I recognize the humor. I mention some small encounter with several people named on the thread.

Oscar was still with Team USA at the time. I remember telling people it was like watching a machine on the punching mitts. I truly was in awe.

Team USA was getting in some work in the gym before a meet with the Russian team.

I don’t doubt you. I just get a kick out of anytime some fighter is mentioned, past or present you have a personal story lol.

30 days ago
1/13/10
Browny85 -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Yea I've seen very little of him truth be told however, we're so quick to label any potential as the next (insert name).

Happens with football (soccer) all the time 

Yea too soon to label him anything right now. But seeing the highlights he’s got good skills. 

30 days ago
7/2/07
Barry_BondsMVP - 
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I don’t doubt you. I just get a kick out of anytime some fighter is mentioned, past or present you have a personal story lol.

Agree I get it.

Sort of feel like the has been that did not accomplish things but had many brushes with greatness.

Considering the small corner of the world it is pretty strange bumped into quite a few.

I must have seemed like a pretty weird kid because most of these things and most of these encounters I was by myself.

Boxing was not so popular so if friends did not want to go I went by myself.

When I finally found a boxing gym it was basically the only one in town so anybody coming through ended up there.

30 days ago
1/13/10
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Agree I get it.

Sort of feel like the has been that did not accomplish things but had many brushes with greatness.

Considering the small corner of the world it is pretty strange bumped into quite a few.

I must have seemed like a pretty weird kid because most of these things and most of these encounters I was by myself.

Boxing was not so popular so if friends did not want to go I went by myself.

When I finally found a boxing gym it was basically the only one in town so anybody coming through ended up there.

Well I happen to enjoy your stories and contributions on here, keep it coming. If you have old photos or videos you should post it 

30 days ago
10/24/10
Barry_BondsMVP -
tbi0904 -

Fight week it should pick up. I still see it as a real tough fight. Canelo needs to get through the first half of the fight. I gave my thoughts a few pages ago I believe 

We'll see. If the fight were on Showtime, ESPN or even Fox instead of an obscure pay app it would be a bigger event.

30 days ago
9/19/12

Prograis v Taylor on this weekend.  Should be a cracking fight.

30 days ago
1/13/10
tbi0904 -
Barry_BondsMVP -
tbi0904 -

We'll see. If the fight were on Showtime, ESPN or even Fox instead of an obscure pay app it would be a bigger event.

Don’t disagree with that 

30 days ago
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

I think Prograis is the best at 140

29 days ago
8/26/02
Barry_BondsMVP - 
Randy Watson -

I think Prograis is the best at 140

I've only seen highlights of Taylor, but I'm a fan of Prograis.

Looking forward to this fight.
29 days ago
12/30/12
Randy Watson -

Damn can’t believe I forgot about this fight. I think it’s a 50/50 fight. I like both of those guys a lot. Should be a great fight.

29 days ago
9/19/12

They can both crack. Prograis edges the one punch power, Taylor's body work is sickening. Sadly for me, the main card starts at 11 pm so the headliner, who knows. Also not showing here.  Might have to get up at 12.30-1am to see if I can "acquire" it....

29 days ago
3/31/14

Would love to hear some old stories from any of you guys  encounters with famous boxers,  Good or bad.  

I love a trip down memory lane 

28 days ago
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP -
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

You should get a kick out of the time Henry Tillman threatened to beat me like ‘a rented government mule’

28 days ago
1/13/10
DarthBader -

These commentators are fucking horrendous, It's kinda funny that these regional boxing events in NY and places like that dont draw shit. Lmao. Literally a regional MMA show in dipshit Montana could fill up more of a crowd.

Just shows that boxing on a regional level is kinda dying and that MMA has become stronger than ever.

Yes MMA cant compete with boxing in terms of the big PPV's but in terms of attendance they surely can, the minor leagues that is.

I'm watching boxing right now on fightpass, Broadway boxing I think is the name of the promotion, it's a bunch of half decent fights, with no proper matchups, pretty much how boxing has always been bunch of easy contenders in the lower regional promotions.

They even did a 10 count for the journeymen Patrick Day and said he was a wordclass contender hahahha.

HW title fight coming up, anybody watching?

No just got home from work. When I was younger and single I would watch almost every event on Saturday’s. Not the case anymore lol

28 days ago
1/13/10
pharochuck -
Barry_BondsMVP -
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

You should get a kick out of the time Henry Tillman threatened to beat me like ‘a rented government mule’

Please tell Lol 

28 days ago
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP -
pharochuck -
Barry_BondsMVP -
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Please tell Lol 

I was working at a car dealership in Fremont. In walks some slick looking dude and Tillman. I’m like wow Henry Tillman. No one else knows who the fuck he is. The slick guy is fast talking everyone. He’s trying to put on a fight at the Pleasanton fairgrounds and he’s there to see the owner about investing

tillman is passing out autographed pictures of himself and people are taking them but looking like who the fuck is this guy. I’m the only guy excited to actually get one. This is right after he lost to Tyson in Tyson’s comeback from Douglas 

im excited to be talking to him when I ask him if he was retired. He goes ape shit screaming do I look retired muthafucka? He repeats it for nearly a minute frothing at the mouth while the slickster is holding him back. 

When he calms down slightly he asks me how much I weigh. I say 190. He says good. That’s big enough for me. Let’s get you to a gym so I can show you I’m not retired. I’ll beat you like ‘a rented government mule’. My buddy who doesn’t take shit serious says ‘wow that would be some serious beating, you’ll probably be pretty tired when you’re done’. Good lord that sets him off even further and he wants to know if my buddy wants a piece too. My pal is literally 140lbs. The slickster and several other guys are holding Tillman back. They finally push him out the door. 

Slickster comes back and apologizes. They come back next day. Tillman sees me and says he was praying that he’d see me there and offers again to get me to the gym to demonstrate that he’s not retired. This goes on for two more days. Finally on the fourth day he says how about just come down for some friendly sparring and he says it like we’re old friends. By then I’d made some calls and found out that he got his start boxing in the youth authority and was stil extremely active in the streets. Dealing, fighting, shootouts and was warned that he was not just dangerous as a boxer, but was a dangerous guy period. I was told don’t fuck around with this guy and watch myself walking to the car because he’s a fucking lunatic and will hide out and shoot you

i was giving a name to drop. When I mentioned that, he changes demeanor and says why didn’t you say that was your people? He owes me one because I was going to fuck you up if I caught you outside of here. Never saw him again after that. Saw in the papers that he got caught up in a lot of shit and did some time. 

28 days ago
3/31/14

Haha nice work Pharochuck