UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7 days ago
12/30/12

Outside of maybe landing some big shot in an exchange I don’t see Donaire winning this. I think Inoue gets him out of there in 4 or 5 rounds. It is cool to see a career resurgence from Donaire though he’s always seemed like an okay guy and has always been willing to fight top guys.

I’d like to see Inoue fight here in the states again.

7 days ago
7/27/04
Pugilist82 -
EKPOGI -

I want to see Sor vs Monster

I love Srisaket, but that is a tough matchup for him. I was to see his rubber match against Estrada. As long as he actually fights southpaw next time.

Sure,but I still want to see it happen.

Edited: 7 days ago
1/10/13

Wow good fight. I'm going with Nonito in the upset.

Edit- was wrong on the pick but what a fight. The Monster is beatable, but its going to take a helluva fighter to do it. He is strong as hell. He beat Nonito clearly, but I think a young Nonito would have gotten him. Nonito put up a helluva effort but the years and mileage have caught up just a bit. His reflexes aren't what they used to be and he isn't "The Filipino Flash" that I seen nearly decapitate some poor guy in Reno one night back in 2005. As great of a career as Nonito had, I still cant help but think about what he could have been had he been promoted and managed better.

As for the Monster, nobody 118 or less is beating him. If/when he does move up again he's going to have some trouble with the height and reach of some guys. I'd have paid to see him and Leo Santa Cruz go at it. Leo has moved up and is long gone, but what a fight it could have been.

7 days ago
1/13/10

Heard it was a good fight, Monster said the cut really bothered him and he couldn’t see from the cut on. He just signed with Arum and will have two back to back fights on ESPN next year 

7 days ago
1/13/10

Is Rigo still around 122? That would be something to see, given Rigo has been dropped several times.

7 days ago
1/13/10

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4kS-H-Hbu7/?igshid=1q21bew76mr22

lol Jalen Rose needs to stop talking about Boxing. He said he wants to see Loma/Crawford v Canelo lol 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Inoue vs. Nery has to happen, although Inoue vs. Oubaali would be a nice consolation prize.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Is this the test Inoue needed? Where does this out him on the P4P list?

Did this also expose a few holes in his game?
6 days ago
7/27/04
Wasa-B - Is this the test Inoue needed? Where does this out him on the P4P list?

It did,but it also showed grit and heart that we didn't know he had.

6 days ago
1/13/10

I may give him the benefit of the doubt and say the cut had something to do with it. He said he was seeing double from the cut on. But we will see In his next fight. 

6 days ago
12/30/12
Wasa-B - Is this the test Inoue needed? Where does this out him on the P4P list?

I didn’t see much that concerned me in his performance. It was obviously not his most dominant win but I think it was just more of a case of him fighting a good bigger fighter that can take a punch. I’m not sure if anyone else could absorb the punishment Donaire was taking and still be able to hang in there.

6 days ago
1/10/13

Even at this stage, Nonito is much better than pretty much anyone else at 118 or down. Inoue is technically sound, very strong and he showed he isn't just a frontrunner. Most of the fight the outcome was still undecided and both guys were trying to end things with every shot. Monster showed he could settle down and fight behind his jab, which I think showed he stayed composed and didnt lose focus in the heat of his biggest challenge. I thought he did show he can be troubled speed and movement. The issue is Donaire is a freak with both big power and speed. I'm not sure who out there has the tools to beat Inoue. Monster is very heavy handed, and showed a solid chin. To beat him, whoever is going to beat him is going to have to go through the fire to do it.  Its going to be a rough night.

6 days ago
10/31/05
EKPOGI - 
Pugilist82 -
EKPOGI -

I want to see Sor vs Monster

I love Srisaket, but that is a tough matchup for him. I was to see his rubber match against Estrada. As long as he actually fights southpaw next time.

Sure,but I still want to see it happen.

I wrote that before I saw the Inoue/Donaire fight. I take back everything I said. That would be a spectacular fight. I still would prefer to see the aforementioned rubber match with Estrada, but I'll gladly take either.

Also, Monster-Nonito might have been FOTY.
6 days ago
1/13/10

Just watched the fight, I thought Donaire did his best work behind the double jab, he had some nice moments and had that huge round 8 or 9 when he had Monster hurt. I scored it 116-111 like that one judge. He looked easily two weight classes bigger and was smart to try and make Inoue fight off his back foot.

Inoue imo was trying to head hunt too much, which made the fight harder on himself. I was surprised he waited that long to go to the body. 

I agree with those that said it’s going to take another monster to beat him. 

6 days ago
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Inoue vs. Nery has to happen, although Inoue vs. Oubaali would be a nice consolation prize.

By Chris Williams: In a predictable move, IBF/WBA bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue says he wants to avenge his younger brother Takuma’s defeat to WBC 118-lb champion Nordine Oubaali (17-0, 12 KOs) by facing him in a unification match next.

Monster’ Inoue signed a multi-year contract Top Rank Boxing on Thursday, and his fights will now be shown on ESPN. The fans want to see Inoue fight guys that would have a shot at beating him if they’re going to be watching him on the ESPN+ app. Oubaali would have no shot at all of defeating Inoue in this writer’s opinion. This would be a mismatch.

Naoya could stall his own career if he’s going to focus on avenging his brother Takuma’s losses. It’s obvious that Takuma is going to continue to lose each time he steps it up against a decent fighter. What happens then? Does Naoya have to freeze his career each time in order to avenge Takuma’s losses?

6 days ago
7/27/04
Barry_BondsMVP -
Tomato Can - Inoue vs. Nery has to happen, although Inoue vs. Oubaali would be a nice consolation prize.

By Chris Williams: In a predictable move, IBF/WBA bantamweight champion Naoya Inoue says he wants to avenge his younger brother Takuma’s defeat to WBC 118-lb champion Nordine Oubaali (17-0, 12 KOs) by facing him in a unification match next.

Monster’ Inoue signed a multi-year contract Top Rank Boxing on Thursday, and his fights will now be shown on ESPN. The fans want to see Inoue fight guys that would have a shot at beating him if they’re going to be watching him on the ESPN+ app. Oubaali would have no shot at all of defeating Inoue in this writer’s opinion. This would be a mismatch.

Naoya could stall his own career if he’s going to focus on avenging his brother Takuma’s losses. It’s obvious that Takuma is going to continue to lose each time he steps it up against a decent fighter. What happens then? Does Naoya have to freeze his career each time in order to avenge Takuma’s losses?

It's a fight they can sell to casuals,avenging brother etc.and if he destroys him on ESPN+ itll be a good introduction for Monster.

6 days ago
1/13/10
EKPOGI -
Barry_BondsMVP -

It's a fight they can sell to casuals,avenging brother etc.and if he destroys him on ESPN+ itll be a good introduction for Monster.

Hell yes 

5 days ago
1/13/10

Btw what the was the ref doing when Donaire was hurt from the body shot? He jumped right in the way and blocked Inoue from finishing the job

5 days ago
1/1/01
EKPOGI - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

Inoue/Oubaali is a really good fight and the one I expected after seeing them both win on the same card, but Nery is the megafight that has to happen.
5 days ago
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Btw what the was the ref doing when Donaire was hurt from the body shot? He jumped right in the way and blocked Inoue from finishing the job

Yea it was strange. It looked like he thought Donaire went down a few seconds before he actually did.

It also sounded like he did the full 10-count but still let Donaire continue.
5 days ago
1/13/10
Tomato Can -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Yea it was strange. It looked like he thought Donaire went down a few seconds before he actually did.

Yea that was a bad round for the ref. 

5 days ago
7/27/04
Barry_BondsMVP -
Tomato Can -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Yea that was a bad round for the ref. 

Agreed,it was confusing to watch because it felt ok that it happened the way it did.

Edited: 5 days ago
5/13/10

That indeed would be a great match up. Hopefully it happens at some point. Wouldn't mind seeing Inoue against Rungvisai either at some point

5 days ago
1/13/10

Dwight Ritchie Dies: Freak Accident While Sparring With Zerafa

Well-liked Australian fighter Dwight Ritchie has passed away after a freak accident while sparring Michael Zerefa.

On Saturday, the 27-year-old Ritchie collapsed after a session with Zerafa, who is preparing for his December rematch with former welterweight champion Jeff Horn.

The Daily Telegraph first reported the news. According to the paper, Ritchie took a body shot, walked back to his corner and collapsed. He could not be revived.

Ritchie suffered only his second loss in a 21 fight career back in August, when he lost a decision to rising superstar Tim Tszyu.

Ritchie’s promoter, Jake Ellis, confirmed the tragic news on social media - “It is with great sadness and shock to announce that the fighting cowboy Dwight Ritchie sadly passed away today doing what he loved. As Dwight’s promoter and friend it’s unbearable to accept the tragic news that’s just surfaced.

“Dwight will always be remembered by the boxing fraternity as one of the brightest talents in Australia who’s fighting style embodied exactly how he lived. RIP Cowboy you’ll be forever missed.”

Ritchie was in training for a light middleweight fight against Tommy Browne on the undercard of Tszyu's December 6 card.

Ritchie, who grew up in Shepparton in country Victoria, battled cancer when he was six months old and again at 18 months.

5 days ago
1/13/10

Devin Haney fights tonight