UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/5/20 12:34 AM
1/13/10
Stern -

Anyone here listen to the boxing rant podcast? If not I recommend it. I’ve listened to the last couple of episodes. Pretty good shit. Those guys tell some great stories.

Who are the hosts 

4/5/20 8:58 PM
1/13/10

Nigel Benn’s bro died from corona as well, RIP

4/5/20 9:55 PM
12/30/12
Barry_BondsMVP -
Stern -

Anyone here listen to the boxing rant podcast? If not I recommend it. I’ve listened to the last couple of episodes. Pretty good shit. Those guys tell some great stories.

Who are the hosts 

Kenny Keith and Vince Cummings. Never heard of them before I started listening.

4/6/20 2:03 AM
1/13/10
Stern -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Stern -

Who are the hosts 

Me either 

4/6/20 2:32 AM
1/10/13
Stern -

I sturggle to find time to listen to everything that I like as it is. I'll check them out though. Rogan has gotten far less listens lately, and I unsubscribed Cheapseats boxing and Bisping's podcast, so I can find time to listen atleast once.

4/6/20 10:09 AM
5/19/17

Eddie Hearn tries a few impressions.

He has a good Chris Eubank sn and Bob Arum too, but he doesnt bring them out here.   He has an excellent Kell Brook though.  lol

Edited: 4/6/20 9:24 PM
12/30/12
boxing wiz -
Stern -

I sturggle to find time to listen to everything that I like as it is. I'll check them out though. Rogan has gotten far less listens lately, and I unsubscribed Cheapseats boxing and Bisping's podcast, so I can find time to listen atleast once.

Yeah I binge listen the fuck out of the podcasts I like on the weekend when I’m working in my garden or yard of whatever the fuck. Gotten to where I listen to true crime podcasts more that sports related podcasts.

But as far as the boxing rant podcast,they shoot the shit pretty straight with their boxing opinions. I agree with a lot of what they say.

They answered some questions and told some stories-although non boxing-at the end of the last 3 episodes that just absolutely cracked me the fuck up which isn’t something I do a whole lot

4/7/20 3:19 AM
1/10/13
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -

Yeah I binge listen the fuck out of the podcasts I like on the weekend when I’m working in my garden or yard of whatever the fuck. Gotten to where I listen to true crime podcasts more that sports related podcasts.

But as far as the boxing rant podcast,they shoot the shit pretty straight with their boxing opinions. I agree with a lot of what they say.

They answered some questions and told some stories-although non boxing-at the end of the last 3 episodes that just absolutely cracked me the fuck up which isn’t something I do a whole lot

I go through different phases with podcasts. I listened to one about small town crimes/murders for a little bit. I go back and listen to Hardcore history once in awhile. He is so detailed they are awesome, yet so long I either miss or just forget or tune out a lot of it. So hearing them again are still interesting. Rogan's is awesome when he has interesting guests. I couldn't care any less about Tony Hinchcliff, Bryan Callen/Schaub or his circle of comedian friends. I love Motorcross and Supercross so I catch Pulpmx most weeks.  I had to ditch Bispings. It was getting boring anyway, but Luis Gomez supporting Ari and his shit when Kobe died forced me to give up. Conspiracy Farm is sometimes good. Boxing is where I've struggled. Cheapseats was good, but they started recording seperatley which changed it too much. Paulie Malinaggi's was alright, bit he seemed to give up on it. So I'll definitely check this out. I love Boxing and it rarely gets old for me. So I have high hopes now for this.

4/8/20 7:08 AM
5/19/17

Zoom - Featuring, Mauricio Sulaiman, eddie hearn, Lou dibella, Tom Loeffler and others.

4/8/20 11:31 PM
12/30/12
boxing wiz -
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -

I go through different phases with podcasts. I listened to one about small town crimes/murders for a little bit. I go back and listen to Hardcore history once in awhile. He is so detailed they are awesome, yet so long I either miss or just forget or tune out a lot of it. So hearing them again are still interesting. Rogan's is awesome when he has interesting guests. I couldn't care any less about Tony Hinchcliff, Bryan Callen/Schaub or his circle of comedian friends. I love Motorcross and Supercross so I catch Pulpmx most weeks.  I had to ditch Bispings. It was getting boring anyway, but Luis Gomez supporting Ari and his shit when Kobe died forced me to give up. Conspiracy Farm is sometimes good. Boxing is where I've struggled. Cheapseats was good, but they started recording seperatley which changed it too much. Paulie Malinaggi's was alright, bit he seemed to give up on it. So I'll definitely check this out. I love Boxing and it rarely gets old for me. So I have high hopes now for this.

Schaub is just the absolute fucking worst. 

Casefiles is a pretty good one if you’ve never listened to it.

4/8/20 11:54 PM
1/13/10
DY2 -

Eddie Hearn tries a few impressions.

He has a good Chris Eubank sn and Bob Arum too, but he doesnt bring them out here.   He has an excellent Kell Brook though.  lol

Yea some were hit and miss lol

4/9/20 6:41 AM
1/10/13
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -

I listened to the latest episode. Its a different kind of format, almost a radio programming sound. I loved them bashing DAZN, I fuckinh hate. I think they have the most amatuerish telecasts around. Announcing sucks, the segments between fights suck and they waste a lot of time interviewing fighters that nobody cares about. And the fashion segments when they dress up Canelo or whoever is headlining is completely pathetic. I'd honestly rather just by the typical PPV's than get their shitty streams that seem to freeze, lag, etc. 

I'll definitely check out a few other episodes. I'll checkout casefiles too. With no sports going my regular podcasts dont have much to discuss. It will be a change of pace.

4/9/20 7:42 PM
1/10/13
Stern -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Stern -

Who are the hosts 

Their stories about stealing weed and their traveler's checks, and the chick beer bonging chew spit was hilarious.

4/10/20 8:02 AM
12/30/12
boxing wiz -
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -
boxing wiz -
Stern -

I listened to the latest episode. Its a different kind of format, almost a radio programming sound. I loved them bashing DAZN, I fuckinh hate. I think they have the most amatuerish telecasts around. Announcing sucks, the segments between fights suck and they waste a lot of time interviewing fighters that nobody cares about. And the fashion segments when they dress up Canelo or whoever is headlining is completely pathetic. I'd honestly rather just by the typical PPV's than get their shitty streams that seem to freeze, lag, etc. 

I'll definitely check out a few other episodes. I'll checkout casefiles too. With no sports going my regular podcasts dont have much to discuss. It will be a change of pace.

Cool. Let me know if you like it.

4/10/20 8:08 AM
12/30/12
boxing wiz -
Stern -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Stern -

Who are the hosts 

Their stories about stealing weed and their traveler's checks, and the chick beer bonging chew spit was hilarious.

They tell some great fucking stories man. Kenny’s dui story he told 3 or 4 weeks ago after he was invited to the bar by a woman known as “The Throat” had me fucking dead.

Edited: 4/10/20 12:44 PM
1/13/10

Apparently Floyd is going to start training, not sure if it’s exclusive to only his family... he’s posted videos on social media training his son and nephew 

4/10/20 11:47 PM
5/19/17

Fun eight  minute conversation between D.Whyte and Shannon Briggs.   Going over old fights.  Also 'lets go champ', says a leg kick he once took was the hardest thing he ever took.  Wiped him out.

4/11/20 1:46 AM
1/13/10
DY2 -

Fun eight  minute conversation between D.Whyte and Shannon Briggs.   Going over old fights.  Also 'lets go champ', says a leg kick he once took was the hardest thing he ever took.  Wiped him out.

Lol Shannon is a character... yea I just saw the video of him doing kick boxing. I think it was on the JRE, he won by KO... but did admit he was a few leg kicks away from quitting 

4/11/20 3:12 AM
1/10/13

Shannon Briggs has done such a job marketing himself. For a guy who had such a lackluster career he is pretty damn wellknown. Take away his terrible decision win over Foreman and he doesn't have another impressive win. He had gotten thoroughly outboxed by Liahkovich who gassed out, who himself had exactly one good win (Brewster).  They both picked up the WBO during a pretty terrible era. 30 fights into his career (when he met Foreman) if you don't count guys like 3-2, 6-4, 11-9, Briggs had faced only 4 or 5 opponents that even had winning records. His next biggest win was probably a stoppage over a very old and faded Ray Mercer. 

Somehow Briggs has people thinking he is a former alltime great. He came out of the amatuers with a ton of hype and potential. I think his look played a bigger role than his actual performances. I followed amatuer boxing quite a bit back then, I don't remember him being that impressive. John Bray was the top amatuer heavyweight then. Not that it didnt happen to a lot of guys, but I remeber Felix Savon smoking him in a round (Pan Am's I think). It's weird to hear people talk about him now. I wonder how many people actually watched him. I honestly think his most impressive performance was losing to Lennox. He showed some real potential and ability in a tough losing effort. I never seen it again from him though.

4/11/20 3:51 AM
1/13/10

I think his videos with Wlad are more impressive then his fighting career. 

4/11/20 10:19 AM
1/10/13
Barry_BondsMVP -

I think his videos with Wlad are more impressive then his fighting career. 

"LET'S GO CHAMP!" It has become kind of catchy

4/15/20 12:41 AM
12/30/12

I’ve been watching some old fights I haven’t seen in a while to get my boxing fix

Edited: 4/17/20 8:57 PM
1/13/10

Haney trying to channel his inner Hopkins here, too bad for him he’s no Hopkins and Loma is no Calzaghe 

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-on-lomachenko-i-never-lose-white-boy-my-life--148345?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

4/17/20 11:53 PM
1/9/05
You are right that Lomachenko is no Calzaghe, but I think we mean that in different ways.
4/18/20 12:10 AM
1/13/10
Dory - You are right that Lomachenko is no Calzaghe, but I think we mean that in different ways.

Yes I do lol, Loma will go down as the better fighter.