UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

6/30/20 1:50 AM
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

Just read that Wilder's brother claims Fury had a blunt object hidden in his gloves that caused a dent in Deontay's head in their last fight....

That’s quiet the accusation 

6/30/20 5:39 AM
9/19/12
Barry_BondsMVP -
Randy Watson -

Just read that Wilder's brother claims Fury had a blunt object hidden in his gloves that caused a dent in Deontay's head in their last fight....

That’s quiet the accusation 

Fury's reply...

“I’ve just read an article before saying that I might've had some blunt objects in my gloves, yeah, two big 19 stone 7 - 275lbs destroyers in each glove.

“So yeah, getting punched up the temple may do that to ya.

“Not unless Wilder’s one trainer Jay Deas was in on the conspiracy as well, along with the Las Vegas State Commission guys who never left the room.

“Jay Deas was in the room when I had my hands wrapped, he examined them, he was in there when I had my gloves put on, examined them and everyone else was in the room.

“They don’t leave you, we all know this. So everybody citing foul player, BULLS***!

“And the next time, I’ll put a dent in his boxing career, end it, because it’ll be two knock-out losses in a row, bye bye forever.”

7/1/20 9:59 AM
1/13/10

I did see a pic of Fury’s glove, you can clearly see his knuckles. I still think there should be an investigation. 

7/1/20 10:00 AM
1/13/10

In other news. Teófimo vs Loma is official for September 

7/1/20 4:03 PM
1/13/10

7/1/20 4:06 PM
1/1/01
Campbell/Fortuna was a good fight but Campbell/Garcia is almost as good. I hope it's not too soon for Garcia, that's an enormous step up for him.
30 days ago
1/13/10

Sergio Martinez Confirms Jose Miguel Fandino is Comeback Opponent

30 days ago
1/13/10
Tomato Can - Campbell/Fortuna was a good fight but Campbell/Garcia is almost as good. I hope it's not too soon for Garcia, that's an enormous step up for him.

I think it may be 

30 days ago
1/13/10

Lol De La Hoya apparently is eyeing a come back

30 days ago
1/13/10

Roberto Duran released from the hospital 

View this post on Instagram

Buenas tardes mi gente! Hoy, con el favor de Dios, regresé a casa después de batallar contra el virus COVID-19. Fue una pelea de Campeonato Mundial, que pude ganar en equipo, con el apoyo, cariño y dedicación de un cuerpo médico, que no solamente cuidó de mi persona, sino de todos los pacientes, que cómo yo, peleábamos en el hospital contra este virus, que no conoce de leyendas, títulos mundiales, estatus social, raza, religión, etc... A todas esas personas que siguen en la pelea, les mando mucha fuerza y mis oraciones, a sus familiares para que no pierdan sus esperanzas y sepan que Dios tiene el control. A todos mis fanáticos alrededor del Mundo, les doy las gracias por orar por mi y por todos sus mensajes de aliento. No me cansaré de darles las gracias a todos los doctores, enfermeros/as, que día a día dan lo mejor de si, sin importar el riesgo que toman. Yo seré un ex Campeón Mundial, pero ustedes son los verdaderos CAMPEONES DE LA VIDA. Se les quiere, por favor #quédateencasa, sigue la #cuarentena y bajo ninguna circunstancia dejes entrar a nadie a tú casa. Manos de Piedra.

A post shared by Roberto Durán (@robertoduranbox) on

25 days ago
12/30/12

Sergio Martinez to fight in August vs some dude who’s 15-6

25 days ago
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP -

Fuuuuuck yes.

25 days ago
1/13/10
Floppy Divac -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Fuuuuuck yes.

Who do you got Floppy?

25 days ago
1/13/10
Stern -

Sergio Martinez to fight in August vs some dude who’s 15-6

Yea, José Miguel Fandino 

25 days ago
1/1/01

Tonight we’ve got Josh Ort vs Josh Ort, haha

question for you guys who watch a lot more boxing than I do...when I used to watch often, I kinda had in my head, most fights one or both guys had over a 50% ko ratio.  It wasn’t uncommon at all to see like 23 wins, 20 kos (ie a really high ratio, 80%+). If I was watching boxing and it’s 2 dudes with under 50% ko ratio, not even worth watching. You know that one’s going the distance barring a miracle. 

Now with no other live sports, over the last several weeks I’ve (casually) watched several cards. And what I’m finding now is they almost every fight goes the distance, and almost every fighter is under 50% ko ratio. 

What im getting at is that watching boxing I used to have the feel that about 3 out of 4 fights end in a finish, only a quarter or so go the distance. Maybe a bit more but definitely less than half. I’m talking any fight on tv all the way down to the 4 round openers, not just main events. Now, it seems the numbers have flipped, on a full 4 fight card, lucky to see even one ko/tko. Is this the trend in boxing now that a far greater percentage of fights go the distance than say, 20 years ago?

25 days ago
1/13/10

Yes it depends on who’s fighting. But you do see a lot more fights going the distance. When you have certain and there’s only boxing involved sometimes you’re going to get a boring decision, or if you’re lucky a barn burner. At least in MMA there’s other ways of winning and your not just using your hands. 

24 days ago
6/5/03
Barry_BondsMVP -

Lol De La Hoya apparently is eyeing a come back

I hope he comes back and gets starched by a scrub.

19 days ago
1/1/01
Herring vs. Oquendo postponed again? I thought I had recorded it last night but when I tried to watch it a few minutes ago the fight had been scrubbed from the card.
Edited: 18 days ago
10/16/16
Tomato Can - Campbell/Fortuna was a good fight but Campbell/Garcia is almost as good. I hope it's not too soon for Garcia, that's an enormous step up for him.

When is this happening?

18 days ago
10/24/10

I've tried watching some of these Top Rank cards but man they've been a tough watch. I understand TR has their hands tied a bit but last night was terrible. Tim Bradley is borderline unwatchable, never stop talking or shilling. 

18 days ago
1/1/01
FG_Gall - 

When is this happening?

Not sure it is happening at all yet. I think the WBC wants it but the promoters haven't negotiated anything yet.
18 days ago
1/1/01
tbi0904 - 

I've tried watching some of these Top Rank cards but man they've been a tough watch. I understand TR has their hands tied a bit but last night was terrible. Tim Bradley is borderline unwatchable, never stop talking or shilling. 

Once I saw the main event was canceled I stopped and deleted it from the DVR. Atrocious card.
18 days ago
12/30/12

I could see Campbell getting ripped off on the cards or even stopping Garcia. I could be wrong but outside of speed and decent pop I just really don’t rate Garcia all that highly. Campbell is a solid fighter.

18 days ago
12/30/12
tbi0904 -

Yeah I agree but I have enjoyed Clay Collard though. Motherfucker is 4-0 this year and has taken 3 0’s

14 days ago
1/1/01
Oscar Valdez vs. Jayson Velez tomorrow night. Probably the best boxing card Top Rank has put on TV in a month or so.