UnderGround Forums Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/18/20 12:57 AM
8/3/11
chadk -

Julie Lederman should be banned from judging. Close fight. Zero problems with Lopez winning. But, that card?....

Why do they let women judge at all. First Adelaide Byrd, now this?

10/18/20 12:58 AM
9/19/12

That score card was awful.  But well done Lopez especially in round 12.  Gave zero fucks and just wanted it.

10/18/20 12:59 AM
12/8/12
touch -
chadk -

Julie Lederman should be banned from judging. Close fight. Zero problems with Lopez winning. But, that card?....

Some woman ruined Holyfield vs Lewis too I think

10/18/20 1:00 AM
1/1/01
Julie Lederman is usually pretty good. She's Harold Lederman's daughter. No fucking clue what she was watching, though.
Edited: 10/18/20 1:27 AM
1/13/10

After the 6th I think Lopez’s best round was the 12th. I’m sure Loma and his pops would start much quicker if there was a rematch. He was having success walking him down and keeping Lopez on his back foot.

Lopez 1,3,4,5,6 and 12. 

10/18/20 1:39 AM
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP -

After the 6th I think Lopez’s best round was the 12th. I’m sure Loma and his pops would start much quicker if there was a rematch. He was having success walking him down and keeping Lopez on his back foot.

Lopez 1,3,4,5,6 and 12. 

I agree with your card. If they rematch and loma starts faster, he can win

10/18/20 1:41 AM
1/13/10
pharochuck -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Lopez 1,3,4,5,6 and 12. 

I agree with your card. If they rematch and loma starts faster, he can win

Apparently Arum said he’s not into rematches lol. Yes I agree, start faster and go to the body sooner. But I still think 135 isn’t the place for him if he plans to start slow like this. 

These cards reminded me of Pac-Bradley lol... Arum isn’t even hiding his hired guns anymore. Arum sees money in Lopez, he’s younger and has the Latino market. 

10/18/20 10:22 AM
1/1/01
I mean there are slow starts and there are slow starts. I had it 6-2 after 8 rounds but neither of those Loma rounds were definitive and you could totally have had it 8-0 at that point, which I bet 2 of the judges did.

Loma has to drastically change his strategy to win a rematch. Throwing less than 10 punches per round for the entire first half of the fight is not going to cut it.
10/18/20 10:32 AM
1/13/10
Tomato Can - I mean there are slow starts and there are slow starts. I had it 6-2 after 8 rounds but neither of those Loma rounds were definitive and you could totally have had it 8-0 at that point, which I bet 2 of the judges did.

Loma has to drastically change his strategy to win a rematch. Throwing less than 10 punches per round for the entire first half of the fight is not going to cut it.

10/18/20 10:35 AM
1/1/01
Ok, so after 8 the judges had it 7-1, 7-1, 8-0. As shitty as Lederman's card was she really only got 2 rounds wrong.
10/18/20 12:18 PM
6/5/03

Apparently the strategy and physical gifts of Lopez were FAR harder to figure out tham Loma anticipated. That and it being much more dangerous for Loma to take risks at 135.

115 -113 Lopez

10/20/20 3:33 PM
1/13/10

The fight peaked at 3 million viewers 

10/20/20 8:50 PM
1/13/10

Apparently Loma had surgery on the same shoulder he hurt against Linares. 

Vasiliy Lomachenko's second career loss Saturday night to the hands of Teofimo Lopez has caused both emotional and physical pain.

Lomachenko underwent right shoulder surgery Monday to repair his labrum less than 48 hours after dropping a unanimous decision and his WBO, WBA and WBC Franchise titles to Lopez in Las Vegas, a source informed of the surgery told BoxingScene.com on Tuesday.

The shoulder procedure was performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles.

The source told BoxingScene.com that Lomachenko experienced discomfort in his shoulder during training camp and was even administered a shot to alleviate the pain heading into the fight. Lomachenko first dislocated his right shoulder in May 2018 while fighting Jorge Linares.

It’s believed Lomachenko’s latest procedure is not as severe as the original one, and the former Ukrainian pound-for-pound frontrunner should be ready to train again by February.

Heading into the Lopez fight Saturday, Lomachenko (14-2, 10 KOs) never publicly complained of discomfort in his shoulder, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission did not report any findings that caused concern for Lomachenko’s health.

Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports first reported the news of Lomachenko’s latest surgery.

“When he came in from the Ukraine for his last stages of preparation for the fight, he was having some difficulty with the shoulder,” ElAttrache told Yahoo Sports. “It turns out he had badly bruised the rotator cuff and chipped a piece of cartilage, which we didn’t realize at the time. But we knew he’d badly bruised the rotator cuff and badly bruised the bone where the rotator cuff attaches to the shoulder. That was roughly six weeks before the fight and we got him to where he was comfortable enough to train. He said he was able to train OK, but it continued to cause him pain during the fight.

“We operated on him last night and he had what we call a hemorrhagic thickened bursitis. That’s the tissue that lubricates and cushions the rotator cuff, which is where we had treated him and injected him before the fight. On the inside of the shoulder where he had previously dislocated the shoulder, he had chipped the cartilage on the inside of the socket. That was right next to the [previous] repair so I did a small touch-up of the repair so I could cover up the bare cartilage in the front of the shoulder.”

Lomachenko’s ailment might be part of the reason why the two-time Ukrainian Olympics gold medalist was timid to throw punches during the first seven rounds of the fight — rounds of which Lopez (16-0, 12 KOs) easily banked by showing he was the more active and superior boxer.

Lomachenko threw just 321 punches in the fight, landing 141, compared to 659 thrown by Lopez, who landed 183.

Lomachenko kicked the fight into second gear in the final five rounds and won rounds 8 through 11 on BoxingScene.com’s scorecard, but eventually dropped the decision, as judges Tim Cheatham (116-112), Julie Lederman (119-109) and Steve Weisfeld (117-111) all had it for Lopez.

In his post-fight interview with ESPN’s Mark Kriegel, Lomachenko did not complain of any pain in his shoulder.

Lomachenko did not participate in the post-fight press conference to further offer insight into the fight and has not made any public statements ever since.

Dr. ElAttrache is a respected orthopedic surgeon to many top athletes. He was once a boxer in college, and he previously repaired Lomachenko’s right shoulder in 2018 by reattaching ligaments.

10/23/20 12:28 AM
1/13/10

10/23/20 8:48 AM
1/10/13
Smilin like Rashad -
touch -
chadk -

Some woman ruined Holyfield vs Lewis too I think

Eugenia Williams.  She layed low for a lite while  but she came back as Geanie or Gean  Williams and was judging fights fairly regularly. 

10/24/20 1:20 AM
1/13/10

Anyone catch the double header tonight?

Edited: 10/24/20 11:21 AM
1/13/10

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGuc4EXghNC/?igshid=ghdfm5zjodia

10/24/20 11:46 AM
2/14/14

I don’t know what it is Boxing in empty area feals dead.. While the UFC in an empty area feals alive 

10/25/20 12:57 AM
5/12/03

Last night's DAZN card was pretty entertaining if you missed it. Especially the main event. 

10/25/20 12:59 AM
1/13/10
The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD -

I don’t know what it is Boxing in empty area feals dead.. While the UFC in an empty area feals alive 

I think it’s the production 

10/25/20 12:59 AM
1/13/10
chadk -

Last night's DAZN card was pretty entertaining if you missed it. Especially the main event. 

I missed it. Who fought? 

10/26/20 4:30 PM
10/31/05
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

I missed it. Who fought? 

Estrada vs Cuadras II with Chocolatito vs Gonzalez as a co-main.

Estrada/Cuadras was a good one if you haven't seen it.

I really want to see Estrada and Srisaket get a rubber match in.
10/29/20 1:01 AM
9/19/12

Australian boxer Jason Moloney takes on the Monster this weekend. 

Don't know much about Jason as aside from the odd decent fight with real boxers the local boxing coverage here is littered with rubbish fights between ex Australian Rules Footballers and Rugby players.

Has a decent record but Inoue is going to stop him. 

10/29/20 1:04 AM
1/13/10
Pugilist82 -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
chadk -

I missed it. Who fought? 

Estrada vs Cuadras II with Chocolatito vs Gonzalez as a co-main.

Estrada/Cuadras was a good one if you haven't seen it.

I really want to see Estrada and Srisaket get a rubber match in.

Oh yea I was asking the other night if anyone caught it. I heard they were good ones. I’d like to see Estrada-Chocolatito 2

10/29/20 1:04 AM
1/13/10
Randy Watson -

Australian boxer Jason Moloney takes on the Monster this weekend. 

Don't know much about Jason as aside from the odd decent fight with real boxers the local boxing coverage here is littered with rubbish fights between ex Australian Rules Footballers and Rugby players.

Has a decent record but Inoue is going to stop him. 

I think the Monster’s body work will be too much