UnderGround Forums Stefan Struve is out of Retirement!

9 days ago
6/30/11
Tug Dabone -

FWIW:

If I'm not mistaken, Struve is tied with Miocic for the most post-fight bonuses in UFC HW history, with 8.

He's had 3 bonuses in his last 6 fights. 

Fwiw I saw Stefan strive beat the shit out of stipe stipe live.

9 days ago
1/5/11
Triple_B -

He has taken an incredible amount of damage and has/had a serious heart condition that forced him to retire 6 months ago. Not looking forward to his return to be honest.

Fwiw, what was his issue? Think it was either a pfo(patent foramen ovale) or an svt. PFO is a somewhat easy fix, but probably a bit difficult for a fighter.

Svt is what Dan Hardy had but refused to have treated. SVT is nothing to fix. Nothing. No clue why Dan just didn't have it fixed. Guessing he will have it ablated someday, but I do not for one second agree with Dan on not fixing it. I do truly think he was just done w fighting for a while at that point. In all seriousness, I was a part of 3 svt ablations this am, all done within 2 hrs each. I e been doing ablations for 20+ years, yet to have a serious complication with an svt ablation.

9 days ago
8/19/06

Or he just wants out of his contract and the UFC will not let him go unless he fights out the contract.

Lots of folks trying to get out from the stifling system that Zuffa created.

8 days ago
4/27/08
Hessian - 

Or he just wants out of his contract and the UFC will not let him go unless he fights out the contract.

Lots of folks trying to get out from the stifling system that Zuffa created.

Unless he faked the panic attacks and heart condition (not to mention all the times he's been separated from consciousness), he should really not be a professional prize fighter at this point. Whether it's fighting for Zuffa which no longer exists, or another promotion...