UnderGround Forums Still people who think Cain better than DC?

11/7/18 7:44 AM
3/3/18
Personally I think DC is better than Cain in all aspects, wrestling, standup, chin, but I know a lot here thought Cain was still better somehow. Anyone still think so?
11/7/18 8:08 AM
8/3/11

How's that Russian collusion going, orcus? Any day now.

11/7/18 8:09 AM
7/4/11

Dc says cain gives him the business in sparring

11/7/18 8:12 AM
1/21/18

Cain had better cardio, which I think CAN make the difference. That said Cain has rarely lived up to his potential, due to injuries and inactivity.

11/7/18 8:15 AM
8/11/12
touch -

Why make a thread about two heavyweights into something political? Maybe just go to the OG and spew some of your commie bullshit 

11/7/18 8:22 AM
12/6/11
semtex0809 -

He says that, but DC is better IMO. Plus he has been active longer and fighting quality opponents. No disrespect to Cain who is a beast.

11/7/18 8:28 AM
1/12/05
Jclover123 - 
semtex0809 -

He says that, but DC is better IMO. Plus he has been active longer and fighting quality opponents. No disrespect to Cain who is a beast.

DC looks up to Cain like a big brother. I'm sure a lot of that respect comes from back when a very green DC arrived at AKA and Cain was the man at HW. DC has better wins, Cain looked better at his best.
11/7/18 9:49 AM
2/29/16

Cain was the guy to surpass Fedor but it all fell apart.

11/7/18 9:52 AM
8/15/11

Cain definitely more likely to get rocked than DC but if he gets on top then DC would be TKOed. I think Cain being the naturally bigger man has enough to get him down. His GnP is one of the best.

DC definitely the more successful fighter. Probably 70:30 in favour of Xain

11/7/18 9:57 AM
7/27/11

Cain is the better fighter. He would run through everyone at AKA, DC even says so. 

Yes he had bad performances but so did DC. Skills wise, outside of Fedor, I can’t think of another heavyweight as technically sound as him. He’s a beast.

11/7/18 10:02 AM
8/3/11
Balls Mahoney -
touch -

Why make a thread about two heavyweights into something political? Maybe just go to the OG and spew some of your commie bullshit 

Idi ka ti nahui

11/7/18 10:04 AM
12/6/11

I want to see Cain vs Jon Jones!

Edited: 11/7/18 10:31 AM
2/15/06
Cain's decline seemed to coincide with the USADA era. When cardio Cain needed an excuse for being out-cardioed by Werdum I figured his days on top were over.
11/7/18 10:19 AM
1/1/01

DC can perform at all levels.  Cain is best at sea level.

11/7/18 10:26 AM
1/12/05
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Cain is the better fighter. He would run through everyone at AKA, DC even says so. 

Yes he had bad performances but so did DC. Skills wise, outside of Fedor, I can’t think of another heavyweight as technically sound as him. He’s a beast.

DC also said shit like Khabib hangs with him in the wrestling room.. I think it's at least partially DC talking up his teammates.

Cain did look great in JDS 2 and 3, though. That was an impressive performance against an absolute monster of a HW on a crazy win streak
11/7/18 10:36 AM
2/25/15
Tbh i think its way too early to call DC better than Cain. Lewis isn't a good heavyweight at all and would get crushed by any top 5. DC's only impressive victory is over Stipe. And its hard to tell exactly what would happen if they rematched. Stipe was doing pretty well before the KO. HW title is very hard to defend for a long streak because there is a lot of variance.

I think Cain has better cardio, better striking, probably more KO power, and i doubt DC can wrestle fuck Cain.
11/7/18 10:40 AM
9/24/12
floofy - Tbh i think its way too early to call DC better than Cain. Lewis isn't a good heavyweight at all and would get crushed by any top 5. DC's only impressive victory is over Stipe. And its hard to tell exactly what would happen if they rematched. Stipe was doing pretty well before the KO. HW title is very hard to defend for a long streak because there is a lot of variance.

I think Cain has better cardio, better striking, probably more KO power, and i doubt DC can wrestle fuck Cain.

DC threw Josh Barnett around like a rag dog which is no easy feat.

11/7/18 10:48 AM
3/3/18
Uhtred Ragnarson -

What were DC's bad performances?

11/7/18 10:49 AM
3/3/18
floofy - Tbh i think its way too early to call DC better than Cain. Lewis isn't a good heavyweight at all and would get crushed by any top 5. DC's only impressive victory is over Stipe. And its hard to tell exactly what would happen if they rematched. Stipe was doing pretty well before the KO. HW title is very hard to defend for a long streak because there is a lot of variance.

Gotta disagree with everything you said except about Lewis .

Especially KO power. DC one punched Stipe and Bigfoot .

11/7/18 10:58 AM
1/30/16
stevekt -

DC can perform at all levels.  Cain is best at sea level.

Dammit you got me

11/7/18 11:09 AM
8/11/12
touch -
Balls Mahoney -
touch -

Idi ka ti nahui

Pusi kurac majku ti jebem 

11/7/18 11:12 AM
11/1/03

Cain seemed unbeatable when he wrecked Junior. Injuries, usada and who knows what has derailed him. In the real world DC has accomplished so much more it's not even close. The Werdum loss was the most damaging to me. He got outstruck by a guy with limited standup. He used his wrestling and got subbed before he completed the takedown. I have to think Cain was overrated or his results were 'tainted' by steriod use.

11/7/18 11:24 AM
1/12/05
jpm995 - 

Cain seemed unbeatable when he wrecked Junior. Injuries, usada and who knows what has derailed him. In the real world DC has accomplished so much more it's not even close. The Werdum loss was the most damaging to me. He got outstruck by a guy with limited standup. He used his wrestling and got subbed before he completed the takedown. I have to think Cain was overrated or his results were 'tainted' by steriod use.

Those JDS wins cannot be understated. JDS just crumpled the whole HW division, including Cain. Cain wore JDS the fuck out and beat him on every level in those fights. They were such dominant and intelligent performances. Cain loses points for strength of schedule. Wins over Nog and Brock look good on the resume, but those guys were really ill at the time, and shells of themselves. Cain's JDS wins are right up there with Fedor's wins over Cro Cop, Noguiera, and Arlovski, and Werdum's wins over Fedor and Cain.
11/7/18 11:31 AM
4/17/17
floofy - Tbh i think its way too early to call DC better than Cain. Lewis isn't a good heavyweight at all and would get crushed by any top 5. DC's only impressive victory is over Stipe. And its hard to tell exactly what would happen if they rematched. Stipe was doing pretty well before the KO. HW title is very hard to defend for a long streak because there is a lot of variance.

The ufc rankings have 1 stipe 2 lewis 3 blaydes 4 ngannou 5 volkov

He beat 2 of those guys and one of them is himself.

Also, I dont think Cain has an advantage over DC in any of those categories.
11/7/18 11:34 AM
1/7/13

DC is better.