UnderGround Forums TEDx Talk- My journey to the UFC & Troubles after.

Edited: 17 days ago
11/22/05

Hey everyone, been a long while since I posted in here. Always loved this forum! Been spending most of my time teaching and running my martial arts school in Hamilton but look forward to start posting again often.  Had a cool opportunity to give a TEDx talk in December about my martial arts story. The ups, downs, struggles to get to the UFC and the injury that forced me to retire several months later. They just posted the video online.

16 days ago
1/1/01

Very cool

16 days ago
6/30/07

Bump

16 days ago
7/21/06

Amazing, Jeff, I was following this on your FB. Thanks for sharing.

My first, favourite memory of you was the Jon Fitch fight at Freedom Fight when he called a time out.

Edited: 16 days ago
6/9/16

Powerful stuff, Jeff. Glad your family and your school have become your focus. 

Have you ever had a chance to talk with TJ Grant? His career was cut short by a concussion as well.

16 days ago
12/11/05

ttt

16 days ago
11/24/13

Nice, added to the playlist on my Nvidia Shield. Will definitely watch.

16 days ago
1/13/11

Subbed. Will watch and give my thoughts.  Thank you for sharing.  

3/19/04

Going to watch that TEDtalk. Thanks Jeff.

16 days ago
1/2/20

wow great stuff buddy. very inspirational. all the best.

16 days ago
6/6/09
MM-eh -

My first, favourite memory of you was the Jon Fitch fight at Freedom Fight when he called a time out.

One of the craziest robberies I've ever seen.

16 days ago
1/1/01

For later

16 days ago
8/20/03
MM-eh -

I was at that event. What a blast it was. We almost rioted when they called that fight for Fitch!

8/20/03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhSh6eRP5lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGbO_HGoVRg

8/20/03

Also iirc, when Joslin fought Koshchek up until that point people were looking at Kos like he was going to walk through Joslin and Joslin was so game in that fight that people started to look at Jeff in a new light.

In that fight Joslin showed Koscheck's weakness to the jab and GSP used this later.

That triangle was tight!

16 days ago
1/7/06

I'll be honest, you've somehow flown under my radar.  I don't believe I've ever seen you fight......

What an awesome presentation.   Holy crap does this ring true..

That just got my day started in the most bittersweet way I could imagine.   I've some issues myself with cte,  alcoholism,  etc.  Thanks so much for sharing that.  I'm looking forward to checking out your fights. 

16 days ago
8/3/12

in!

16 days ago
3/19/04

I watched it. Very moving and a lot of really important food for thought. I live far away now but loved training with Jeff at his gym back in the day.

16 days ago
8/20/03

Nice to see people talking about concussions as well.

IMO there really needs to be more discussions about training methods.

Nice to see Jeff doing these.

16 days ago
1/1/01

There's an element of luck in fighter careers that is often overlooked.  Jeff imo is one of the unluckiest.  So much talent, just bad luck ... I count horrible decisions as bad luck, maybe I shouldn't.  Out of Canadian stars, you and Ivan Menjivar were the most talented but the least lucky (with injuries and piss poor decisions).  Still, hardcore fans know.  

16 days ago
3/19/04

Koscheck obviously did well in their fight, so I don't mean to disrespect him, but I always thought it was funny and an indication of Jeff's talent that Koscheck went into that fight looking to strike and show his developing striking skills but after a few exchanges he shut it down and went back to wrestling (which he does so well).

16 days ago
1/1/01

I watched the video and you did a great job Jeff! It was compelling and moving. You sure looked sharp against Fitch!
16 days ago
8/20/03

16 days ago
1/1/01

Ttt 

16 days ago
4/16/11

I watched you fight Josh Koscheck at the MCAS Miramar when I was in the military. I remember it being on my bday on a worknight and free for us. Best bday present ever. I sat next to your wife with my Gunny who kept saying "oh man he's getting his face elbowed" in a Guatemalan accent. I had to tell him to stfu because your wife was right next to us crying. I remember watching the Fitch headbutt and him calling timeout and thinking that ref needs to be beaten with a rubber hose. The Goulet fight wasn't as blatant but cmon. Anyway. Still got your autograph on the promo card and the shirt they handed out. Cheers