UnderGround Forums Tai chi no can defend ANYTHING???

5/22/20 11:46 PM
6/29/02

Thanks everyone else for the positive interest.

de braco - I'm not quite sure what your getting at, but sources and conflicting histories is why I don't write and actual book.  Too much work.  But so many times I hear people bagging on TMAs that don't understand  that historically it was necessary to practice that way.

So many examples.  Sai were not originally weapons - they were cotter pins for wagons.  But if some horny Samuraii riding the road decided he was going to fuck you in the ass and then cut your head off, your option was to die or use those cotter pins to try and snap his blade and stab him.

I'm not confused at all.  I am laughing, though.  The Jeffery Dahmer of Samuraii ...

5/23/20 12:25 AM
1/1/01
DagwoodDogwoggle -

Thanks everyone else for the positive interest.

de braco - I'm not quite sure what your getting at, but sources and conflicting histories is why I don't write and actual book.  Too much work.  But so many times I hear people bagging on TMAs that don't understand  that historically it was necessary to practice that way.

So many examples.  Sai were not originally weapons - they were cotter pins for wagons.  But if some horny Samuraii riding the road decided he was going to fuck you in the ass and then cut your head off, your option was to die or use those cotter pins to try and snap his blade and stab him.

I'm not confused at all.  I am laughing, though.  The Jeffery Dahmer of Samuraii ...

shuai jiao predates tai chi, therefore it cannot have evolved from tai chi. What's there to understand, admit it was a faux pas, and move on.

5/23/20 12:52 AM
1/1/01

And your san-da/san shou pontifications are fucking hilarious. I take it you're a stand-up comedian trying out new material

5/23/20 2:04 AM
6/29/02
de braco -

And your san-da/san shou pontifications are fucking hilarious. I take it you're a stand-up comedian trying out new material

Oh - I see - you think you know something and you've gotta be a troll, accusing me of being the mistaken one.

You're wrong.  There was no faux pas.  You did suceed in trolling me, though.  I thought you might want some actual clarification.

5/23/20 11:33 AM
1/1/01

Fucking hilarious!! You’re going to slay them with this act! Tai chi predating shuai jiao, San shou coming from traditional Chinese arts. LOL!! I’ve seen the ancient Chinese manuscripts San shou is based on, unfortunately they were written in Russian, Japanese, French and Siamese and I couldn’t make them out.

5/23/20 11:37 AM
1/1/01

The Chinamen couldn’t read them either and were forced to just analyze the pictures and constant beatings they took in competition against anyone not Chinese 

5/23/20 11:53 AM
1/22/03
The take away from this is simple : Don't waste time with this.

5/23/20 11:58 AM
1/1/01

Indeed, it will only end in shame for chinaphiles. Fact, common sense and history stand in opposition to Kung pow fu

Edited: 5/23/20 2:53 PM
1/1/01

Seems like the Chinese (at least I think that's where this is from) are learning many of the same types of lessons martial artists learned in the US and Japan during the 1990s. Part of the problem with kata or even outside blocks often used in tma is that they presuppose a particular reaction from an opponent.  But fighting is fluid, changing and humans are unpredictable there are so many rhythms, speeds angdles and variations the human body can muster. It's likely that no 2 fights are ever truly exactly the same. The angles or speed or set up foot position something changes.  Even in boxing where theoretically the attacks are coming either from the left or right hand to the front of the body above the waist, there is almost no way to account for all of the incoming attacks from a skilled opponent.  You're going to get hit and hurt. The only way to fully prepare for that is to be exposed to it in increments over time.  

5/23/20 12:32 PM
3/16/15
de braco - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Tmaguru - 
jgiveshead -
Tmaguru -

China has made that MMA dude's life hell.  They reduced his social credit so much he can't take airplanes etc.  

The bullshido community in china is strong.

True story bro?  If so, China asshoe.

Yes, here are some links detailing a bit of the bullshit China is putting him thru:

https://www.inkstonenews.com/society/chinas-mma-fighter-xu-xiaodong-fight-survival/article/3047417

https://qz.com/1628238/mixed-martial-arts-vs-tai-chi-case-settled-by-court-in-china/

China is so fucking backwards.  He is trying to elevate Martial Arts.  They would rather him allow the fake shit to continue.  

A bit more on his wiki 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xiaodong

I don't believe the OP's video is of Xu Xiaodong. I could be wrong, though.

That was not Combat Tai Chi, by the way. Combat Tai Chi is the ultimate martial art.

it's not called grand ultimate fist for nothing

I practice Grand Ultimate Fisting Tai Chi
Edited: 5/23/20 2:27 PM
1/1/01
de braco - 
Tmaguru - 
jgiveshead -
Tmaguru -

China has made that MMA dude's life hell.  They reduced his social credit so much he can't take airplanes etc.  

The bullshido community in china is strong.

True story bro?  If so, China asshoe.

Yes, here are some links detailing a bit of the bullshit China is putting him thru:

https://www.inkstonenews.com/society/chinas-mma-fighter-xu-xiaodong-fight-survival/article/3047417

https://qz.com/1628238/mixed-martial-arts-vs-tai-chi-case-settled-by-court-in-china/

China is so fucking backwards.  He is trying to elevate Martial Arts.  They would rather him allow the fake shit to continue.  

A bit more on his wiki 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xiaodong

I don't believe the OP's video is of Xu Xiaodong. I could be wrong, though.

That was not Combat Tai Chi, by the way. Combat Tai Chi is the ultimate martial art.

it's not called grand ultimate fist for nothing

I practice Grand Ultimate Fisting Tai Chi

Please don’t kill Dagwood 

5/23/20 4:16 PM
1/1/01
I started TC last year after attending a free seminar in a local park.
The teacher of the beginners class that I attend said there is no way he could use TC in a fight. Would't know what to do.
But, the reason I take it is because it helps a whole lot with back pain.
I did't like yoga, seemed to irritate injuries more, but the TC has been perfect for me.

I've shown him a few things I understood from the form that could be used if trained correctly, but that isn't why he studys it, he just enjoys it.
Edited: 5/23/20 6:21 PM
1/1/06

If I had to fight one of these old fools I would want to win efficiently but without hurting them badly, it's just cruel. 

A friend of mine had to fight a guy with a Kung Fu background to qualify for a tournament. I asked him if he would take it easy on him and he said yes, just a takedown and a choke. There is no need to give these guys a beating and humiliate them. 

Anyway, he won, quickly, without hurting his opponent. Which was nice. 

5/23/20 8:12 PM
1/1/01

Mercy is wasted on Kung pows, they see it as weakness