UnderGround Forums Teddy Atlas in depth analysis Masvidal/Askren

7/10/19 10:05 PM
5/11/05

7/10/19 10:06 PM
5/11/05

Teddy goes deep on the Masvidal Askren fight. Great analysis from one of the best in the fight business.  

“When it rains you go swimming”

7/10/19 10:19 PM
9/28/06
sub
7/10/19 10:54 PM
2/28/06
ttt
7/10/19 10:57 PM
8/4/07

Later

7/10/19 11:19 PM
2/14/14

Teddy is awesome.. would love here more of his mma takes

7/10/19 11:20 PM
5/11/05
The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD -

Teddy is awesome.. would love here more of his mma takes

Yeah it was a great analysis 

7/11/19 12:26 AM
5/14/06

Man, that clip really made me appreciate how calculated that strategy was.

7/11/19 12:27 AM
5/11/05
2JupitersTooMany -

Lol at the haters and people calling it lucky

7/11/19 12:50 AM
3/20/12
2JupitersTooMany - 

when I saw the first replay I knew it was a masterful chess like move

Jorge painted a masterpiece

haven't listened to teddy yet but can't wait...dude can be captivating to listen to 

Edited: 7/11/19 1:22 AM
5/14/06

Summary: that casual but atypical hands behind the back startup was designed to lull Ben into comfort, then Masvidal took a step sideways and immediately closed the distance before Ben knew what happened, and he worked on this exact setup for a long time.  When you watch the replay, you can see how perfect the set up was, and how perfectly he had the distance guaged. 

7/11/19 1:33 AM
5/14/06
Oldskewl -

In-depth analysis of a two second fight, being analyzed by a boxer coach. No thanks

That was my first thought, but he was comparing similar subtle setups in some past great flights.

7/11/19 1:43 AM
1/1/01
I like Atlas but he's out of his depth here, analyzing a wrestling takedown versus a flying knee. He doesn't know Masvidal's name and doesn't know that Askren was in the Olympics. He's entertaining but his whole point is that Masvidal lulled Ben into a false sense of security by keeping his hands down then behind his back nonchalantly when the fight began. It sounds good but is it correct? Ben came out aggressive as ever. Note that he's half way across the Octagon ending up in the center of the Octagon before Masvidal even moves forward.
7/11/19 1:51 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha - I like Atlas but he's out of his depth here, analyzing a wrestling takedown versus a flying knee. He doesn't know Masvidal's name and doesn't know that Askren was in the Olympics. He's entertaining but his whole point is that Masvidal lulled Ben into a false sense of security by keeping his hands down then behind his back nonchalantly when the fight began. It sounds good but is it correct? Ben came out aggressive as ever. Note that he's half way across the Octagon ending up in the center of the Octagon before Masvidal even moves forward.

You are the one out of depth here

7/11/19 1:52 AM
8/15/17

That was a great watch. Old boxing guys like Atlas have a way of analyzing body language and what a guys thinking in there. I wish there were more guys in mma doing breakdowns like that. I completely missed what was going on with the body language, until I watched this.

Edited: 7/11/19 1:55 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha - I like Atlas but he's out of his depth here, analyzing a wrestling takedown versus a flying knee. He doesn't know Masvidal's name and doesn't know that Askren was in the Olympics. He's entertaining but his whole point is that Masvidal lulled Ben into a false sense of security by keeping his hands down then behind his back nonchalantly when the fight began. It sounds good but is it correct? Ben came out aggressive as ever. Note that he's half way across the Octagon ending up in the center of the Octagon before Masvidal even moves forward.

You are the one out of depth here

Great rational response idiot. You're such a jackass, I'm surprised you know how to use a keyboard. You can't point to a single thing in my post that you can logically disagree with.
7/11/19 2:04 AM
5/11/05

Ok you want me to dismantle you in my thread cuz you can’t get enough abuse in your own. 

1. Teddy Atlas is one of the most experienced people in fight sports period.  He has way more right to post on topic than you ever will. 

2. He just learned their names so what it’s a fight analysis not the name game. 

3. Yes he is correct

4. Ben came out as aggressive as ever- did you even watch the fight? Man that was such an aggro level change L O L

5. You have called me names about 10x today. Lets meet up bro and talk about this in person

Edited: 7/11/19 2:17 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 

Ok you want me to dismantle you in my thread cuz you can't get enough abuse in your own. 

1. Teddy Atlas is one of the most experienced people in fight sports period.  He has way more right to post on topic than you ever will. 

2. He just learned their names so what it's a fight analysis not the name game. 

3. Yes he is correct

4. Ben came out as aggressive as ever- did you even watch the fight? Man that was such an aggro level change L O L

5. You have called me names about 10x today. Lets meet up bro and talk about this in person

Ohhh tough guy, How many times have you insulted me today? LOL. I have better things to do to fly to meet people and fight them who I argue with on the internet.

You are literally the first person who threw a personal attack - check page 1 of my original post:

crybaby YouTube bullshit troll

Also called me:

garbage
SPAM
dumpster fire and panhandling

None of those points you make legitimately address anything I wrote in my post. Atlas's qualifications speak nothing to the points I respectfully made ("I like Atlas"...I literally posted) about his commentary in this case. Man, you just like to argue.
7/11/19 2:18 AM
9/14/17

This is great. Thanks!

7/11/19 2:22 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 

Ok you want me to dismantle you in my thread cuz you can't get enough abuse in your own. 

3. Yes he is correct

Ohhh tough guy, How many times have you insulted me today? LOL. I have better things to do to fly to meet people and fight them who I argue with on the internet.

You are literally the first person who threw a personal attack - check page 1 of my original post:

Also called me:

garbage
SPAM

None of those points you make legitimately address anything I wrote in my post. Atlas's qualifications speak nothing to the points I respectfully made ("I like Atlas"...I literally posted) about his commentary in this case. Man, you just like to argue.

Crybaby YouTube bullshit troll was describing your video not you

Garbage spam and dumpster fire were all about your content as well

i have refrained from attacking you personally as you have done to me. I don’t think you want that. 

Idk why you keep engaging with me and embarrassing yourself

Edited: 7/11/19 2:33 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 

3. Yes he is correct

Also called me:

garbage
SPAM

i have refrained from attacking you personally as you have done to me. I don't think you want that. 

I took you calling me a "crybaby YouTube bullshit troll" to absolutely mean me and thus be a personal attack and not the video (From web: In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is A PERSON who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers.)

If that's not what you meant, then cool, I thought you meant something else. You also personally insulted me by attempting to demean my training, and teachers and experience in "combat". I don't claim to know everything about martial arts and I know I have a ton to work on just as everyone, but shit, if Ariel can offer his opinion with 0 training, and I've trained 37 years since age 3 with people like Relson, Ajarn Chai, wrestling, and extensive training of judo in Japan, and competing in 4 combat sports in 2 countries, so can I. I think a push back against you in these cicrumstances (remember you were posting on my thread) is understandable.
7/11/19 2:35 AM
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 

3. Yes he is correct

Also called me:

garbage
SPAM

i have refrained from attacking you personally as you have done to me. I don't think you want that. 

I took you calling me a "crybaby YouTube bullshit troll" to absolutely mean me and thus be a personal attack and not the video (From web: In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is A PERSON who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers.)

If that's not what you meant, then cool, I thought you meant something else. You also personally insulted me by attempting to demean my training, and teachers and experience in "combat". I don't claim to know everything about martial arts and I know I have a ton to work on just as everyone, but shit, if Ariel can offer his opinion with 0 training, and I've trained 37 years since age 3 with people like Relson, Ajarn Chai, wrestling, and extensive training of judo in Japan, and competing in 4 combat sports in 2 countries, so can I. I think a push back against you in these cicrumstances (remember you were posting on my thread) is understandable.

Dude your whole thread title name calls 4 of the biggest names on the entire sport and you want to get all sensitive and then invoke some Joon Poon Tree guy’s philosophy about martial arts and fighting

get the fuck out of here with your bullshit

Edited: 7/11/19 2:36 AM
1/1/01
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 

3. Yes he is correct

Also called me:

garbage
SPAM

Dude your whole thread title name calls 4 of the biggest names on the entire sport and you want to get all sensitive and then invoke some Joon Poon Tree guy's philosophy about martial arts and fighting

get the fuck out of here with your bullshit

All right man, lol, I tried. Again, more disresepct to teacher. I don't think we're going to see eye to eye. Have a good night.
7/11/19 2:38 AM
5/11/05

7/11/19 2:39 AM
5/11/05

Your OP is -20 

thats 5x the amount of up votes