UnderGround Forums Tell me about Kron Gracie

6 days ago
4/17/17
Is he the long awaited next great Gracie fighter?
6 days ago
12/2/11

He hasn't fought anyone of note.. But he has the grappling pedigree to be a star. Alot of questions will be answered soon. 

6 days ago
12/4/06

6 days ago
1/1/01
Davy - 

He hasn't fought anyone of note.. But he has the grappling pedigree to be a star. Alot of questions will be answered soon. 

Kawajiri...though old.
6 days ago
4/17/17
Davy - 

Their jiu jitsu is usually superb. But how is Kron's standup and wrestling?
6 days ago
6/16/07
We Are All One Mean Species -
Davy - 

It looked good vs Kawagiri. 

6 days ago
2/9/09

Kron pulls guard if he can’t get the takedown

6 days ago
2/2/05

Seems like he’s doing a lot of boxing. 

6 days ago
2/28/13

Has better hands than most people expected but hasn’t fought a legit striker yet. I really wanna see him vs Ryan Hall or Garry tonnon in MMA

6 days ago
1/1/01
HE is very good but it doesn´t really matter because with wraps, gloves, vaseline, stand Ups and rounds BJJ doesn´t do much in modern MMA.

I would love to see him in oldschool Pride No time limit matches like Rickson and Royce
6 days ago
3/14/06
Bjj doesn't do much in modern MMA?

I don't know what you're watching but I strongly disagree. Just in the last few events we have continued to see BJJ be very effective in the octagon. Look at what a master like Damian did to his last opponent. True mastery. I don't think he even threw a punch.

Many matches are determined by BJJ. It may not always end in a submission but you don't know what you're watching if you don't think BJJ is as important as its ever been.

6 days ago
12/23/02

Has he been training with Diaz bros and jake Shields also?

6 days ago
2/25/15
Zero1 - HE is very good but it doesn´t really matter because with wraps, gloves, vaseline, stand Ups and rounds BJJ doesn´t do much in modern MMA.

I would love to see him in oldschool Pride No time limit matches like Rickson and Royce

BJJ is very effective when fighters have a very significant BJJ edge over their opponements. But BJJ alone isn't enough, you also need either a striking edge or a wrestling edge. The problem is not a lot of fighters have a massive BJJ edge over others, AND an edge somewhere else. But when this is the case, BJJ is deadly.

Just look at Maia's fights against guys who aren't elite wrestlers. The dream would be a guy with Maia level BJJ, but also either Elite Striking or Elite wrestling. Ortega actually is pretty good at both, but the issue is he just gets beaten by someone with even more elite striking.
6 days ago
12/4/06
ChimpFL -

Has he been training with Diaz bros and jake Shields also?

Giblert said he’s been training with Nate

Edited: 6 days ago
12/12/10

The man doesn't even need an entrance song. Only sirens sound as he walks out, warning everyone like he's god damn Godzilla. 

6 days ago
12/12/10

6 days ago
7/27/13

There's different styles of "BJJ" 

There's the new school guard players who don't have much takedowns, pull guard every match and play a lot of "open guard" positions that don't translate well to MMA 

Then there's old school BJJ players who have wrestling, strong top games, and when on their back are in positions that are effective against punches like full guard. 

Kron is the latter.

6 days ago
3/16/07
We Are All One Mean Species -
Davy - 

He also has a judo black belt and his standup is still a work in progress. What sets him apart, imo, is his ‘go for broke’ mentality-at least when he competed in BJJ. He doesn’t have a super passive style. he’s aggressive, explosive, and won’t stop even if he’s behind on points while remaining rather cool/calm through it all...hence the nickname “ice cream” Kron.

i think he will be just fine unless he decides to keep it standing up. He’s just not there yet. I too would like to see a tonon vs Kron match in mma but Garry’s striking is much further along.

6 days ago
8/20/03
The Closed Guard - 

Kron pulls guard if he can’t get the takedown

Which as weird as it sounds, he makes it work.
6 days ago
9/27/15
We Are All One Mean Species - 
Davy - 

Krons standup is pretty weak and wrestling is mediocre..these 2 areas are his biggest weaknesses and his UFC career will be dependent on how well he improves them..

Bruce Leroy is going to give Kron fits this Sunday..it's hard for me to pick a winner
6 days ago
12/20/13

If I remember correctly from that first Metamoris event, his nickname is "Ice Cream" Kron.  So he must have a sense of humor.

6 days ago
5/7/09

His conditioning seems to be very high & this will help immensely, imo

5 days ago
8/13/13

He has been circumsized 3 times 

5 days ago
8/28/14

Tries mimicking “Diaz” style boxing which is terrible. From the last documentary I saw of Kron, his stand up is lacking. I hope that within the last few years that has changed. 

5 days ago
10/29/12

I’m glad he had a little split (for training) from his dad awhile back. Rickson only wanted him using “the families Jiu Jitsu” to win fights.. which means Royce kicks and rush to the clinch... but he’s trained more modern mma since then. 

Perfect grappling style for MMA Heavy top pressure and tight subs. 

But the best gracie fighting right now is Neiman. (I know it’s his mom; but still a Gracie)