UnderGround Forums That was easy work for Gaethje

9/15/19 1:57 AM
9/24/18

Called it after the Iaquinta fight that Cerrone wouldn't be the same fighter after a war like that. I think he should hang up the gloves, he has nothing more to prove really besides becoming champion which isn't going to happen. He's clearly beaten down and slowing down now. 6 losses out of his last 10 fights, 36 years old, he's done.

9/15/19 2:07 AM
3/23/12

Or maybe he just shouldn’t fight every 6 weeks and should take some time to recover.

9/15/19 2:36 AM
8/3/19

Or maybe he shouldn't have called Gaethje 'Homer Simpson' and then tried his 'aw shucks, buddy, buddy' routine that he does at weigh-ins when he is intimidated.

9/15/19 4:35 AM
6/22/11

While ever cowboy wants to keep going ill keep supporting him if he decides he's done then fair enough but I still enjoy watching him compete

9/15/19 6:40 AM
9/24/18
SonnendbySilva -

While ever cowboy wants to keep going ill keep supporting him if he decides he's done then fair enough but I still enjoy watching him compete

He was uncompetitive and got knocked silly tonight, that will happen more and more from now on. He needs to be smart and hang em up he’s made his money and reached the highest level he was going to reach. 

9/15/19 8:30 AM
2/7/09
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

He was uncompetitive and got knocked silly tonight, that will happen more and more from now on. He needs to be smart and hang em up he’s made his money and reached the highest level he was going to reach. 

And this is why he's been a fan favorite since that stupid tap out tv show.

Donald Cerone can do whatever he damn well wants. 

Guys like him and nate diaz built the UFC.  They dominated the fox cards and were basically kept off ppv's, then told they dont move the needle. it's great to see their sacrifices finally acknowledged by the dorks in charge.

9/15/19 8:51 AM
4/19/17
alkysmurf -
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

And this is why he's been a fan favorite since that stupid tap out tv show.

Donald Cerone can do whatever he damn well wants. 

Guys like him and nate diaz built the UFC.  They dominated the fox cards and were basically kept off ppv's, then told they dont move the needle. it's great to see their sacrifices finally acknowledged by the dorks in charge.

They are still on "Fox" cards lol.....this was actually lower, ESPN+

9/15/19 8:58 AM
11/19/06
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

Cowboy is a badass. He wins some. He loses some. But he’s ALWAYS fighting the best guys. Against Al he looked amazing. Just because he lost to Tony and Justin doesn’t mean he’s done. It means those two are on a tear. They are the top two fighters right now at 155. Nobody can beat them. That puts Donald in good company. He will still be ranked and still have the ability to put on good shows and make good money.

9/15/19 9:18 AM
2/14/14

The guy has fought 4 times in 2019...  give him

a break 

9/15/19 9:22 AM
7/28/02

the brain doesn't recover its made from fat, it can only become scarred

youre watching the onset of CTE

9/15/19 9:27 AM
9/24/18
Throwin’Knuckles -
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

Cowboy is a badass. He wins some. He loses some. But he’s ALWAYS fighting the best guys. Against Al he looked amazing. Just because he lost to Tony and Justin doesn’t mean he’s done. It means those two are on a tear. They are the top two fighters right now at 155. Nobody can beat them. That puts Donald in good company. He will still be ranked and still have the ability to put on good shows and make good money.

No, he’s 4-6 in his last 10 fights and those four wins have been against Medeiros, Perry, Hernandez and Iaquinta. He’s consistently losing to top 10 fighters now and 4 of his last 6 losses have been by TKO. 

i agree he’s a badass and has been an entertaining fighter, but he’s done. Don’t subject yourself to unnecessary beatings like tonight. 

9/15/19 9:34 AM
11/19/06
Jones right nostril -
Throwin’Knuckles -
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

No, he’s 4-6 in his last 10 fights and those four wins have been against Medeiros, Perry, Hernandez and Iaquinta. He’s consistently losing to top 10 fighters now and 4 of his last 6 losses have been by TKO. 

i agree he’s a badass and has been an entertaining fighter, but he’s done. Don’t subject yourself to unnecessary beatings like tonight. 

He was riding a 3 fight win streak coming into the summer. Had a huge win over a top 5 guy in Al. Anyone in the division would have lost to Tony and Justin in those fights. 

9/15/19 9:38 AM
2/17/03
Throwin’Knuckles - 
Jones right nostril -
SonnendbySilva -

Agreed.

He lost to Justin and Tony because they are better than him. No other reason. On no night of his career does he beat either guy. Justin was throwing bombs.
9/15/19 10:09 AM
11/23/14

There arent too many fighters who are gonna stay on their feet after exchanging with Justin. 

Cowboy fights alot and usually his fights are back and forth brawls. Maybe take a little time off to recover and recharge. Hes still putting up good fights so its hard to say hes done 

9/15/19 11:14 AM
7/10/02
DthAngel - 

There arent too many fighters who are gonna stay on their feet after exchanging with Justin. 

Cowboy fights alot and usually his fights are back and forth brawls. Maybe take a little time off to recover and recharge. Hes still putting up good fights so its hard to say hes done 

Exactly. Usual fair weather fans. If his only goal was to win a belt, than yeah, hang'em up. But it's not. He likes the training, camaraderie, fighting, adrenaline rush, crowd. WTH should he stop besides for his long term health? He's old enough to decide for himself.

He's a B+ / A-. Sure, not Top 5, but if you think a Top 15 exciting fighter is "done", that's your opinion. He decides for himself.
9/15/19 1:36 PM
10/10/02

Cerrone is old as fuck and should have retired probably 4-5 years ago.

9/15/19 1:39 PM
2/17/03
DthAngel - 

agreed.
9/15/19 4:19 PM
11/30/07

The mma “fans” just keep showing why they are the worst in sports. 

9/15/19 8:50 PM
11/10/18
Lucas Maximus -

the brain doesn't recover its made from fat, it can only become scarred

youre watching the onset of CTE

Hard to argue with this. Sad thing is, he probably is nowhere near being financially set.

9/15/19 10:43 PM
4/20/08

I think he won the Lawler fight, so that might be a "loss" but be serious 

9/15/19 11:30 PM
5/22/17

Name a few fighters that would have winning records fighting Ferguson and Gaethje back to back... I'll wait.

9/16/19 4:45 AM
4/3/16

Lol  @ OP for not knowing what a "work," is....

What a mark. 

9/16/19 5:46 AM
9/24/18
ThunderlipsTapped -

Lol  @ OP for not knowing what a "work," is....

What a mark. 

After a post that stupid, the only one being laughed at is you dummy 

9/16/19 2:18 PM
6/27/02

I told my son as soon as that fight ended that unfortunately Cowboy is done being competitive. This was a complete blowout, Cowboy looked stiff and slow. No disrespect intended for one of the all time badasses in the sport... it happens to everybody. 

29 days ago
5/8/16
BathtubwiththeBoiz -

Or maybe he shouldn't have called Gaethje 'Homer Simpson' and then tried his 'aw shucks, buddy, buddy' routine that he does at weigh-ins when he is intimidated.

This .then tries to give hug at touch of gloves. To me this cowboy act is getting old af , spit bottle and everything