UnderGround Forums The Diaz brothers lack relevance

Edited: 5/24/19 2:00 PM
6/3/08

Why are people still living in the past? Neither of the Diaz brothers have been relevant in five years. I am not saying that I won’t watch Nate fight but I no longer consider them relevant to the sport. I don’t really care if either one of them ever fight again. Perhaps they have a cult following of those who like the antics of ADHD or ODD types. 

Does anyone actually think they have the ability to contend for a title or even beat top contenders in their respective weight classes? Sure, Nate beat Conor a few years ago but that was clearly a sideshow with Nate being the much larger opponent.

5/24/19 2:09 PM
9/24/18
There was a thread a while back on how the Diaz brothers could draw 750k buys on PPV.

That was the day I gave up on Diaz fans.
5/24/19 2:11 PM
8/20/03

5/24/19 2:12 PM
8/20/03

5/24/19 4:12 PM
12/28/14

I would love to watch them fight but neither one of them would make me want to buy a PPV.

Nate can still be a top ten LW but i dont see him ever winning a belt.

Nick I dont think would even be top ten st this point.

Them sitting out for no reason has killed their carrers. Even casual Mcgreggor fans arent going to be hyped for them after all this time.

5/24/19 4:50 PM
3/18/12
fade2007 -

I would love to watch them fight but neither one of them would make me want to buy a PPV.

Them sitting out for no reason has killed their carrers. Even casual Mcgreggor fans arent going to be hyped for them after all this time.

No reason? Why should they fight for less than their worth if they don’t have to? Nate is making money outside then Octogan, and both probably have a decent amount of money left from their last big paydays. I don’t think either of them WANT to fight, but are willing to if the UFC meets their number. I don’t see the issue with what they are doing. Good for them for not letting the UFC sucker them into fighting for peanuts. 

5/24/19 4:55 PM
7/2/09

Wahhhh wahhh wahhh, somebody likes a fighter that I dont.  

Is that about right OP?

5/24/19 6:04 PM
6/10/18
BreakALegAndy! - 
fade2007 -

No reason? Why should they fight for less than their worth if they don’t have to? Nate is making money outside then Octogan, and both probably have a decent amount of money left from their last big paydays. I don’t think either of them WANT to fight, but are willing to if the UFC meets their number. I don’t see the issue with what they are doing. Good for them for not letting the UFC sucker them into fighting for peanuts. 

lol yea that worked out very well for them didn't it. 

5/24/19 6:17 PM
3/18/12
WhateverHater -
BreakALegAndy! - 
fade2007 -

How do you think your net worth stacks up against theirs? Neither have a 9-5 job they have to attend everyday. I’d say they are doing fine. They’ve made more than 95% of MMA fighters out there. Nate will make more, Nick is probably done. 

5/24/19 6:30 PM
2/24/07
BreakALegAndy! - 
WhateverHater -
BreakALegAndy! - 
fade2007 -

How do you think your net worth stacks up against theirs? Neither have a 9-5 job they have to attend everyday. I’d say they are doing fine. They’ve made more than 95% of MMA fighters out there. Nate will make more, Nick is probably done. 

Ha yes Nick is doing fine/sarcasm. Racked up multiple charges and has been in jail on more than one occasion. Shitfaced every day and hinting at suicide. Hope he gets the help he needs.

However OP- Nate is 1 fight from being very relevant again. He beats Pettis, which is definitely doable, and he could be getting huge main event fights again.
5/24/19 8:10 PM
6/3/08

If he wins convincingly, perhaps he gets a bigger fight. If he eeks out a split decision playing patty cake then I think you can go back home and take some more time off. All of which is unlikely. I expect we will see a slower and less elusive Nate. Pettis will be able to hit him easily and often. The three-year layoff will do him in.

5/24/19 8:13 PM
6/28/10
MagnumPeeEye -

If he wins convincingly, perhaps he gets a bigger fight. If he eeks out a split decision playing patty cake then I think you can go back home and take some more time off. All of which is unlikely. I expect we will see a slower and less elusive Nate. Pettis will be able to hit him easily and often. The three-year layoff will do him in.

19 wins, 16 by finish...yeah he might play patty cake and eek out a boring decision. You should go back to not posting.

5/24/19 8:17 PM
6/1/16

I’ll buy when they fight, I like their mentality. They view it like mortal combat. Hate them, love them, I don’t care. I like their warrior spirit and I find them interesting. What other thug acting fucks do you know who love endurance sports? Not many. They are unique and outside my love of Mma, that appeals to me too. They should be and probably always will be a draw. 

They don’t fight often. It’s cheap to be a fan. 

5/24/19 8:23 PM
6/28/10
jgiveshead -

Is that about right OP?

Nailed it.

5/24/19 8:24 PM
7/22/06
They're relevant if people will pay to see them fight. It's also a business.
5/24/19 8:42 PM
1/23/06
Maybe Nick to an extent. Nate's very relevant.
5/24/19 8:48 PM
1/1/01
MagnumPeeEye - 

Why are people still living in the past? Neither of the Diaz brothers have been relevant in five years. I am not saying that I won’t watch Nate fight but I no longer consider them relevant to the sport. I don’t really care if either one of them ever fight again. Perhaps they have a cult following of those who like the antics of ADHD or ODD types. 

Does anyone actually think they have the ability to contend for a title or even beat top contenders in their respective weight classes? Sure, Nate beat Conor a few years ago but that was clearly a sideshow with Nate being the much larger opponent.

then why u making threads on them ..
5/24/19 9:19 PM
11/9/18

The sport has passed these drug addicts up.

5/24/19 9:25 PM
2/28/13

Much bigger? Lol Nate and Conor are both lightweights and Nate beat his ass in both fights. 4 million Instagram followers between the two brothers

5/24/19 9:30 PM
8/5/13

Nick has more hog pics on the web than fights these last few years.

5/24/19 9:31 PM
6/3/08
BrckNoHitBk -
MagnumPeeEye -

19 wins, 16 by finish...yeah he might play patty cake and eek out a boring decision. You should go back to not posting.

Way to spin it bro. He is 19 and 11, not so impressive. 5 knockout.....

5/24/19 9:37 PM
6/3/08
YaoMingia -

Much bigger? Lol Nate and Conor are both lightweights and Nate beat his ass in both fights. 4 million Instagram followers between the two brothers

5’ 9” versus 6’? STFU. 

5/25/19 11:17 PM
1/24/16
Winston Wolf -
MagnumPeeEye - 

then why u making threads on them ..

. OP obsesses about the Diaz Brothers. They don't want to fuck you OP, let it go

5/25/19 11:36 PM
4/26/03

The fact that you posted a thread about them seems to suggest the opposite...

5/27/19 10:27 PM
1/1/01
BrckNoHitBk -
jgiveshead -

Is that about right OP?

Nailed it.

Yup...LOL