UnderGround Forums The Karate Hottie vs Yasuko Tamada, age 47 ugh!

9/11/14 11:34 AM
12/7/10

agreed, that old chick has heart though

could tell during commentating the chick is the maychmaker i believe......

when the dudes commentating commented on it being a mismatch she just sat there and was defending the old chick pretty much
9/11/14 5:23 PM
11/18/05
Only way to resolve this is for waterson to fight an 8 year old in her next fight

Let's see how SHE likes it Phone Post 3.0
9/11/14 5:31 PM
7/25/09
thebasher - Only way to resolve this is for waterson to fight an 8 year old in her next fight

Let's see how SHE likes it Phone Post 3.0
Makes sense.

Dana - "She's mean, she's nasty, she'll kick you in the shins!" Phone Post 3.0
9/11/14 5:32 PM
7/16/09
thats one tough 47er. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/14 5:33 PM
1/18/04
You fucks defending the fact that they provided not only a paper-thin "contender" to fight the champion but deliberately hid her age need to get your heads examined, and the Randy Couture reference is way off base.

Couture was still potentially competitive at the end of his career, multiple time world champion, and had a reputation for rising to the occasion and beating the shit out people despite all logic.

I don't see any realistically conceivable way that Granny Tamada had a prayer in hell of winning this fight.

Clearly this was a tough feederfish that they used to make their Waterson look badass to sheep, and guess what? Worked like a champ.

I am a big fan of the Karate Hottie, but she is getting way too much credit for this win.
9/11/14 6:05 PM
12/3/12
Lol @ because the ufc did it in 1995 it's ok to do it in 2014 Phone Post 3.0
9/11/14 7:52 PM
12/5/13
Musashi - 
Son of Neckbone - You fucks defending the fact that they provided not only a paper-thin "contender" to fight the champion but deliberately hid her age need to get your heads examined, and the Randy Couture reference is way off base.

Couture was still potentially competitive at the end of his career, multiple time world champion, and had a reputation for rising to the occasion and beating the shit out people despite all logic.

I don't see any realistically conceivable way that Granny Tamada had a prayer in hell of winning this fight.

Clearly this was a tough feederfish that they used to make their Waterson look badass to sheep, and guess what? Worked like a champ.

I am a big fan of the Karate Hottie, but she is getting way too much credit for this win.

"Potentially competitive". I like that. And I like Randy.

But he was 48 years old fighting one of the best LHW's ever.. right after Couture fought a 0-0 guy with ZERO MMA experience. The result for Couture? He lasted a minute and needed someone to put his mouth back together.

Now.. I'm not saying that Randy or Tamada belonged in there... I'm saying stop bitching about one if you're not going to bitch about the other.

That's complete bullshit. If you look at Randy's record before he fought Machida, it's clearly not the same thing. He was coming off of 3 straight wins, plus alternating wins / losses to elite fighters. Tamada was coming off of 3 wins, plus 4 straight losses to no-name fighters... And you think that it's the same thing?

People would've been freaking out before the fight if they knew Tamada was 47... Were people bitching and complaining before the Machida / Randy fight? Was it necessary for the UFC to hide Randy's age?
9/11/14 8:04 PM
8/10/05
Musashi - 
Ministry of Truth - Not only did Tamada win only 3 out of her last 7 fights before getting a title shot, but one of her last 3 wins was against someone who has a record of 12W 24L (Seki)!

Before a 48 year old Couture fought Lyoto Machida, his last win was against a 0-0 fighter.

0-0.

Couture didn't do nearly as well as Tamada. He had is face kicked in with in a minute and needed dental surgery when Lyoto was done with him.

Yeah, Randy fought a 0-0 MMA fighter who is a future boxing hall of famer. LOL.

Not to mention the importance of him winning that fight as well.
Edited: 9/11/14 8:23 PM
3/24/10
Point blank if it was no big deal then Invicta wouldn't have hidden her age. Obviously they thought it was a big deal. Btw respecting Tamada's age excuse is complete nonsense because they also hid Michelle Waterson's age. Why would they also hide Waterson's age? I'll give you one guess.
9/11/14 8:27 PM
3/7/12
Fuck, for a 47 year old that bitch took that beating like a champ.
9/11/14 9:59 PM
8/10/05
Musashi - 
Ministry of Truth -  a future boxing hall of famer. LOL.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about MMA.

Ok now. At this point, you just appear to be trolling.
9/11/14 10:34 PM
8/10/05
*Doesn't take the bait*
9/11/14 10:35 PM
12/27/08

What a shady thing to do. Knapp is a piece of shit. Kedzie's ugly ass too

9/11/14 11:13 PM
12/5/13
onandon - Fuck, for a 47 year old that bitch took that beating like a champ.

Yeah, it's crazy to watch women that can't be knocked out. Paige Van Zant, the breathtaking gorgeous girl, can also take some shots. She fought Tecia Torres, and Tecia just lit her up (even had her mounted, arm under the chin) and Paige just wouldn't stop fighting & wouldn't go down. The fight is actually still on youtube - www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKW_FRLhJc

The other one that comes to mind is Elizabeth Phillips. I think she'll go down as the only MMA fighter to ever survive Miriam Nakamoto's knees. Miriam rocked her with a knee out of nowhere, forcing her to retreat, and when Miriam got her against the cage, she landed vicious knee after vicious knee and Phillips would not go down. But after one final knee, the ref just stopped the fight. I don't know if anyone has better quality, but apparently this is the only video of the fight: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8YXeMOKBJE