UnderGround Forums The Night MMA died

1/24/21 9:47 AM
11/13/14
Congrats to Dustin on an awesome win.

Problem is he killed MMA going forward. He isn't marketable, well nobody is in MMA besides Connor and he killed off MMA in the states.

All that is left is a bunch of nobodies nobody can get behind to bring it to the next level.

Dana retires within the year, MMA dies in 2021, crazy shit.

It was a hell of a run and I am glad I was here in the beginning.

Thank you Dana!
1/24/21 9:48 AM
11/20/08

Ngannou-Jones-Stipe is very interesting.

Whoever manages to beat the other two is an absolute legend and goes down as one of the greatest to ever do it.

1/24/21 9:53 AM
11/20/10

This was Conors third fight since 2016, the UFC has been doing fine without him for years. 

1/24/21 9:56 AM
4/11/10
- Get rid of USADA (or at least eliminate some of their bullshit)
- Add weight class at 160
- Put a stop to weight cuts
- Bring in some PRIDE rules
- Get rid of WMMA
- Get better judges
- Reduce price of PPV
- Get real MMA gloves (Gaethje's gloves)
- MMA stars will come... they always do
1/24/21 10:03 AM
11/8/08
Akron OG - Congrats to Dustin on an awesome win.

Problem is he killed MMA going forward. He isn't marketable, well nobody is in MMA besides Connor and he killed off MMA in the states.

All that is left is a bunch of nobodies nobody can get behind to bring it to the next level.

Thank you Dana!

I remember the times MMA was dying because there were not going to be any stars after Ronda lost, GSP retired, Brock left, etc. Chill out chicken little. You've probably already seen the next UFC superstar fighting and dont even know it.

1/24/21 10:03 AM
4/11/10
JoeHurley - 

Thank you Dana!

I remember the times MMA was dying because there were not going to be any stars after Ronda lost, GSP retired, Brock left, etc. Chill out chicken little. You've probably already seen the next UFC superstar fighting and dont even know it.

this
1/24/21 10:11 AM
5/26/14

Akron OG!  Havent seen your pessimistic ass in some time good to see ya. 

I kinda agree tho. He has tons of money. He's conquered the game. But at this stage in the game, last night was bad for Conor. Its hard to keep selling him as the baddest man and biggest name in UFC taking these Ls like this. 

Sure he beat Dustin before, but hes been up and down too much lately. 

1/24/21 11:03 AM
11/30/11

This is better for MMA, Conor says he wants to fight more lets see if he can get that hunger back. Hes fuck you rich so who knows.

1/24/21 11:07 AM
5/11/13

It doesn't matter what main event or star they throw out there if you can't watch it!!!! Nice Job ESPN geek squad.

1/24/21 11:16 AM
5/22/17

Shit thread is shit 

1/24/21 11:21 AM
5/9/06
JoeHurley -

Thank you Dana!

Surprising OP has a’14 join date and doesn’t understand this. 

stars come and go in cycles. Always have and always will 

1/24/21 11:25 AM
9/5/12

Quite a pessimistic outlook. 

1/24/21 11:35 AM
9/29/10

I disagree. MMA is not dead, but the goden days are far behind us.

1/24/21 11:35 AM
1/14/07
Paramount Donkey - 

Quite a pessimistic outlook. 

Almost as pessimistic of an outlook as BruteDion has that OP ever pays the $500 he owes him.

1/24/21 12:01 PM
10/30/14
Morgz -
JoeHurley -

Thank you Dana!

Surprising OP has a’14 join date and doesn’t understand this. 

stars come and go in cycles. Always have and always will 

OP does not speak for all 14ers here. 

1/24/21 12:09 PM
2/17/03
JoeHurley - 

Thank you Dana!

Yup.

MMA was around before Conor. It will be around after him.

1/24/21 12:12 PM
12/7/12
Dead President - - Get rid of USADA (or at least eliminate some of their bullshit)
- Get rid of WMMA
- Get better judges
- Reduce price of PPV

All good points but none of this will happen unfortunately.

1/24/21 12:12 PM
1/1/01

For you maybe.

Sonme of us don't need the TMZness, just good fighters and good fights.

1/24/21 12:24 PM
9/5/12

The fuck are you talking about! UFC is about fighting funny enough. Granted Connor put some casuals onto it but most are watching it for the skills in the cage. 

If you want the WWF promos then look no further than Chandlers post fight interview. He can fight as well - LW has never looked better than now, especially if khabib comes back. 

If Connor decides he wants to take it seriously again and not treat it like a payday, then he's a contender in the division 

1/24/21 12:25 PM
6/18/16
Wasa-B -

For you maybe.

This

1/24/21 12:26 PM
2/17/03
Wasa-B - 

For you maybe.

fwiw, I LOVED the Conor show this time around. He was funny, interesting, mostly respectful, and made me excited for the fight. If this is the guy we get for the rest of his career, I'll be delighted.

The Khabib build up went way too far and he paid the price.

6/18/16

Also theres more good mma other then the UFC. 

5/26/07

He rejuvenated it for me. Was glorious watching Conor fall. To each his own.

1/24/21 12:34 PM
1/1/01
Dead President - - Get rid of USADA (or at least eliminate some of their bullshit)
- Get rid of WMMA
- Get better judges
- Reduce price of PPV

And most importantly, stop calling the number two guy in every division the number 1 ranked guy (contender). It’s stupid as fuck and dilutes the product. Too many idiots saying some guys is “ranked number 1” when he’s not the champ. 

1/24/21 12:39 PM
1/1/01
wiggum - 
Wasa-B - 

For you maybe.

fwiw, I LOVED the Conor show this time around. He was funny, interesting, mostly respectful, and made me excited for the fight. If this is the guy we get for the rest of his career, I'll be delighted.

The Khabib build up went way too far and he paid the price.

Wiggs, I thought Connor seemed like he was in such a good mental place with this new humble, modest, at peace Connor. He really did put off a positive vibe. I guess this goes to show the mental/psychology game is not everything. The physical and MMA technical game matters too lol. Connor sat out too long, he might be in a good place now but he spent some prime years partying it up and not keeping up. He wasn't physically and technically prepared tonight.

UGPC (Under Ground Psychology Club) fails again.