UnderGround Forums The Official Team UK/Bisping Bandwagon

4/2/09 11:03 AM
3/27/03
explodingboy -  The Bisping/Hamill result has been done to death, but basically if you look at what Ken Lee had to say about it in the other thread, I would have to agree with him. The subjective aspect of the sport is in the scoring, and while it can't ever be 100% guaranteed, in order to keep the credibility of judging as it should be, we have to accept the result.

translation: we all know bisping lost but lets just move on
4/2/09 1:35 PM
12/23/06
Ken Lee - 
jacktripper - 
explodingboy -  The Bisping/Hamill result has been done to death, but basically if you look at what Ken Lee had to say about it in the other thread, I would have to agree with him. The subjective aspect of the sport is in the scoring, and while it can't ever be 100% guaranteed, in order to keep the credibility of judging as it should be, we have to accept the result.

translation: we all know bisping lost but lets just move on

Nope. Bisping won. Close fight, but no doubt Bisping should have got the nod.

Watch the tape, forget that Hamill is a deaf American fighting a British fighter in the UK and ignore the commentary and you will no doubt agree.

We can all agree that you are delusional. But Hamill/Bisping is water under the bridge and Bisping will not get a gift decision against Henderson.

WAR HENDO!!!!!
4/2/09 2:19 PM
4/2/08
Ill bet whoever. I want hendo. Winner buys the other a blue name...
4/2/09 3:03 PM
1/1/01
Great show last night. Some real talent and the surprise for me was the level of BJJ. I expected them to to be scrappers and prefer to stand up and strike. They were well-rounded (excepting the wrestling) and the US fighters better wake up and smell the stevia. Lawson's grappling was AWESOME.
4/2/09 3:18 PM
1/1/01
Anyone know which of these guys IS wrestling and who the coaches are? I take it Faulkner is learning from Bisping. How present is Rampage at the Wolf's Lair?
4/2/09 3:22 PM
12/21/08
macman1000 -  Who is the guy from Team UK that has the black hat on in the picture on the first page? That guy looks like a little badass. Good to see the SN bet is back on and i plan on betting someone too whenever the fresh fish get's enough balls to bet me.

WAR BISPING!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^So was i right about Faulkner? Also, i stated in another thread about Lawson was the submission king.
4/2/09 4:25 PM
6/22/07
The UFC picked crappy US guys to set up a UK win. What a fix
4/2/09 4:31 PM
4/9/08
Just another TUF season I probably won't watch. Have fun finding more ways to spite the US limeys. Hope your boys win, you guys seem to want it more.
Edited: 4/2/09 4:32 PM
5/11/06
thetrollsmasher - The UFC picked crappy US guys to set up a UK win. What a fix

Not really, they never pick the best available guys for TUF.  They didnt even get the best UK guys, they could have brought Daley on and had him murder everyone.

Andre Winner will take it.

Edited: 4/2/09 7:48 PM
4/3/06
 Well I just got caught up with UFN  and TUF.

That was a great show, really enjoyed it. Some really exciting fighters there...

Faulkner: sorry Macman, I didn't know who it was under the hat but he seems like he has real potential, the way he got that heelhook so quick was masterful.

Ross Pearson: LMFAO's mate. He looked so sharp and up for it. Really exciting, had a good testing fight as well and came through with flying colours.

Jeff Lawson: Has outstanding throws and sweeps and a phenom on the ground. I hope he wins every fight by armbar. Would be beautiful. I think this guy is my favourite. Perhaps a good striker with reach will be able to keep him at distance and pick him off, I don't know.

They grabbed my attention the most but others like Andre Winner looked like he had tremendously crisp striking that will be hard to deal with, Harry the Gimp's mate Nick O I thought looked like he had good stand up, hopefully he gets more powerful. I wanted Che Mills to get through because he wears the same glasses as me...

This season is going to be so much fun. I see the excuses are already flowing from the Yanks, mainly trollsmasher. No good US wrestlers, they didn't pick the best fighters, blah blah. I'm sorry but it is what it is and a fight is a fight. You won't hear any lame pathetic excuses coming from us. Judging from next week's preview, your boys looked like a bunch of mentally weak pansies. Perhaps US MMA has become complacent and this will be the wake up call it needs. Just because you're American doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else.

WAR TEAM UK!

4/2/09 7:11 PM
4/3/06
kyle kempfer - Ill bet whoever. I want hendo. Winner buys the other a blue name...

Aldegas, are you prepared to accept this misguided Hendo fan's request? Should be an easy free blue-name for you. If you both confirm it then I'll officially add it to the front page. Kyle Kempfer, when you confirm the bet, also make a declaration to uphold the bet when you lose.

If you both want to make it a screen-name bet as well, thats fine, just say. As it stands its a straight up loser buys a blue-name bet. (I assume thats what you meant kyle when you said 'winner buys')
4/2/09 8:05 PM
4/3/06
Ausgepicht - Anyone know which of these guys IS wrestling and who the coaches are? I take it Faulkner is learning from Bisping. How present is Rampage at the Wolf's Lair?

What is this wrestling you speak of? Dunno how present Rampage is, I assume he's there for 8 weeks before his last two fights and I expect he'll be back to help Bisping get ready for Hendo. No idea.

Signing off for tonight. I love this season already! We've got to enjoy some quality fights from some quality UK fighters, and now we get to sit back, relax and watch the US make twats of themselves next week!
4/2/09 8:20 PM
4/9/08
explodingboy -  Just because you're American doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else.

Lol. Yeah bro. All Americans are beer-swilling rednecks that think they're better than everyone. Seeing our mediocre fighters get beat by your mediocre fighters should REALLY put us in our place! *yawn*

Although, I guess it's cool that Dana's plan to actually get the UK excited about the UFC is actually working.

Kudos.
4/2/09 9:29 PM
8/2/05
Might be time for Alex Reid to go back to Hollyoaks, not sure what was up with him last night. He didnt even try to get off his back by the looks of things. I hope he steps it up, wherever he goes because he's an entertaining fighter but that was not a good performance by him.

I was impressed by a fair few of the guys, I think quite a lot of our better guys slipped through the net but we certainly have a pretty strong group there. It's better than I thought it would be.
4/4/09 8:41 AM
4/3/06
Boy, do I have the hangover from hell. Shit.

Yeah, at first I thought Reid would be an amusing addition and be fun to watch, but judging from that fight Dean will probably probably prove to be a more valuable part of the team.

God I need to lie down or something.
4/4/09 8:42 AM
4/3/06
 By the way, for UKFIGHTERUK:

4/4/09 8:44 AM
12/21/08
 I just saw that he got banned when i looked for his David Haye thread. What did he do?
Edited: 4/4/09 8:50 AM
4/3/06
Shit, he's banned?! Again? I didn't know that. Gutted. Will all his posts from here be missing? I'll have a look now.

Edit: Yeah have gone. Why on earth was he banned? We're one huge Bandwagon member down chaps :(
4/4/09 8:56 AM
12/21/08
 I think this might have something to do with it, but i'm not sure.

www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm
4/4/09 9:07 AM
4/3/06
Oh right. Well yeah that will be it. Well spotted.

Shame. I hope everyone who isn't a Bisping fan realises this thread isn't blatent trolling but just fun banter, sports are always more enjoyable when you define a side you want to support, and its all tongue in cheek. I can understand someone being annoyed about getting a pm but there's a difference between trolling and harmless banter. Not worth a banning imo.
4/4/09 6:30 PM
6/22/07
macman1000 -  I think this might have something to do with it, but i'm not sure.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1440850"

And let that me a lesson to the rest of you trolls, keep it in check. Bisping is not the greatest MW ever, and still has a lot to prove
4/4/09 7:14 PM
6/22/07
Ken Lee - Just read your PM, XB. I'll take trollsmasher on so long as he's still looking for an SN/user buys a blue bet.

no sorry i already have a sn bet with explodingboy and i have a wager down for bisping at +300 so there is enough confusion as it is
4/4/09 7:45 PM
4/3/06
We welcome gangsta101 to the Bandwagon with an excellent contribution! Gangsta's prediction skills are well-renowned and a good sign for Bisping.

In light of the recent and sad unfair banning of UKFIGHTER, a new challenger steps up to take on the thorn in our side, teamquestfan...

Ken Lee is that man. This would be a potential grudge match with some bad blood as the fallout from Bisping/Hamill continues. But the question is now...

Will teamquestfan step up?

Screen-name AND/OR loser buys a blue. We await his response.
4/4/09 7:55 PM
6/22/07
gangsta101 - An exhausted Henderson comes out for round 3,

Henderson shoots in for a takedown looking to get some lay'n'pray going  but Bisping stuffs it and delivers some brutal GNP and closes the show

lol @ Bisping finishing Hendo who recently went 5 rounds with Rampage
4/4/09 10:33 PM
12/23/06
explodingboy - We welcome gangsta101 to the Bandwagon with an excellent contribution! Gangsta's prediction skills are well-renowned and a good sign for Bisping.

In light of the recent and sad unfair banning of UKFIGHTER, a new challenger steps up to take on the thorn in our side, teamquestfan...

Ken Lee is that man. This would be a potential grudge match with some bad blood as the fallout from Bisping/Hamill continues. But the question is now...

There is no question. Dan Henderson will beat Micheal Bisping and it doesn't matter who my bet is with. That's how confident I am. I will leave it up to Ken Lee as to whether that bet will be for mudname or blue name. I am not trolling and I am sure that Henderson will prevail.

And by the way, I told you all that UKFIGHTERUK was obnoxious and ridiculous with his unbrideled love affair with Micheal Bisping and it's lucky for him that he retains his mudname even though he can no longer use it. HAHAHAHAHAH!!
Will teamquestfan step up?

Screen-name AND/OR loser buys a blue. We await his response.