UnderGround Forums The gloves in MVP-Lima

4 days ago
7/16/15

Watching it for the first time right now (saw highlights obviously) and as soon as it started I noticed that the gloves resembled boxing gloves with an open thumb. They seemed huge. And once it hit the floor MVP easily tied Lima’s arms up because they’d get trapped. Ive done a lot of mma sparring in 16 ounce gloves and that’s what typically happens in the gym when there’s a takedown. Obviously MVP had good wrist control and looked competent off his back, this isn’t to discredit MVP it’s just an observation.

No way they were four ounce gloves. I know bellator has a different shaped glove compared to most organizations but still. Not sure if it’s the beers I’ve drank tonight or if anyone else can comment on it ha

3 days ago
10/10/14
Bearhugger -

Watching it for the first time right now (saw highlights obviously) and as soon as it started I noticed that the gloves resembled boxing gloves with an open thumb. They seemed huge. And once it hit the floor MVP easily tied Lima’s arms up because they’d get trapped. Ive done a lot of mma sparring in 16 ounce gloves and that’s what typically happens in the gym when there’s a takedown. Obviously MVP had good wrist control and looked competent off his back, this isn’t to discredit MVP it’s just an observation.

No way they were four ounce gloves. I know bellator has a different shaped glove compared to most organizations but still. Not sure if it’s the beers I’ve drank tonight or if anyone else can comment on it ha

It's the same 4oz glove they've been using in Bellator for the last 5 years

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2014/5/7/5691760/pic-bellator-releases-photo-details-new-revolutionary-powerlock-mma-glove-everlast-mma

3 days ago
4/16/15

And thread\

3 days ago
9/18/14
Ojsblackglove -

And thread\

Ironic screen name...

3 days ago
9/18/14
Ojsblackglove -

And thread\

Ironic screen name 

3 days ago
9/22/11

yep it looks a bit fishy op.
3 days ago
2/27/08
OP I also thought they looked strangely large.
3 days ago
8/6/06

look normal to me
2 days ago
1/30/16
BringBackGoldy -

Holy shit that’s awesome

2 days ago
2/6/15

Those look nothing like boxing gloves.

2 days ago
8/20/03
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

look normal to me

It's the distrubution of the padding. It's different and makes a different shape than many are used to seeing,

2 days ago
5/7/08
BringBackGoldy -

That's fucking sick

2 days ago
4/21/09

They definitely have that pride shape to them. Which, to me added more padding to knuckle area and made for more exciting fights imo.

They may weigh the same but there weight is def distributed differently. 

I would love for UFC to use them. Fewer flash Kos and some banger matchups with guys who thrownn with decent chins.

2 days ago
4/21/09
Captain Canuck -

look normal to me

It's the distrubution of the padding. It's different and makes a different shape than many are used to seeing,

I missed your post before I went into my rant.

Am I the only one that likes there Pride/bellator padding better?

1 day ago
10/10/14
Bam57Bam -
Captain Canuck -

look normal to me

I missed your post before I went into my rant.

Am I the only one that likes there Pride/bellator padding better?

Definitely seems like there are less eyepokes in Bellator now... but Dana's too stubborn to admit it's a better design than the old-school Ouano style MMA glove