UnderGround Forums Thiago Santos wants Dom Reyes fight for title

3/26/20 10:18 PM
6/9/16

3/26/20 10:18 PM
6/9/16

Wouldn't be a legit champion, but damn I wanna see those two face each other. Can't pick a winner. 

Edited: 3/26/20 10:19 PM
11/24/13

Yep, Thiago is the champ right now. Reyes is the interim champ. Even before this latest Jones felony.

Jones clearly is on a two fight losing streak, this is the fight to make even if this Jones shit didn't happen.

3/26/20 10:52 PM
11/28/03

interim

3/27/20 10:43 AM
1/1/01

I like the matchup. Let’s do it.

3/27/20 10:51 AM
7/2/09
Taco Muncher -

Wouldn't be a legit champion, but damn I wanna see those two face each other. Can't pick a winner. 

Totally fine calling them legit.  Judges screwed up, especially in the Thiago fight... shades of Shogun Machida 1.

3/27/20 11:01 AM
1/1/01
Taco Muncher -

If Jon gets stripped then the winner of Thiago vs Dom would absolutely be the legitimate champion.  

3/27/20 11:11 AM
12/1/10
both guys have legit claim to the title period. no one can deny that at this point.

3/27/20 11:37 AM
1/1/01

On the same night Santos lost to Jones, Jan beat Rockhold and he has also beat Jacare and Anderson while Santos has been out.

I could see Jan getting the shot vs Reyes first and Santos either waiting or taking a fight on the card before he gets another shot.

I know Santos beat Jan but UFC is often about what have you done for me lately and Jan just KOed Anderson.

3/27/20 11:38 AM
9/19/13

Would be epic

3/27/20 12:39 PM
6/9/16

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
-Ric Flair 

Until Dom or Thiago gets a W over Jones, neither will be considered a true LHW champion in the eyes of many fans, myself included. Interim title-holder? Sure. 

3/27/20 5:55 PM
4/7/16

Watched Reyes Jones the other night as I reviewing lots of fights on ESPN+ that I didn't see live. No way that fight was anything better than a draw for Jones. I have no idea how one judge had it 49-46 for Jones.

Santos v Reyes would be a fun fight to watch.

3/27/20 6:10 PM
5/31/07
Taco Muncher -

-Ric Flair 

Until Dom or Thiago gets a W over Jones, neither will be considered a true LHW champion in the eyes of many fans, myself included. Interim title-holder? Sure. 

Yeah lots of fans are tards....that's nothing new. 

3/27/20 7:49 PM
1/1/01
Taco Muncher -

-Ric Flair 

I love Ric Flair and pro wrestling as much as anyone but their storyline catchphrases don't apply here. To be the champion also requires obligations and commitments that take place outside the boundaries of the playing field.  Jon has failed in his championship responsibilities.  If they strip him it will be legitimate and his successor will be the true champion. 

3/27/20 8:14 PM
6/22/06
Santos completely blew his knee out on the 1st round and barely lost to Jones.

People seem to forget this.
3/27/20 8:54 PM
6/9/16
stevekt -
Taco Muncher -

-Ric Flair 

I love Ric Flair and pro wrestling as much as anyone but their storyline catchphrases don't apply here. To be the champion also requires obligations and commitments that take place outside the boundaries of the playing field.  Jon has failed in his championship responsibilities.  If they strip him it will be legitimate and his successor will be the true champion. 

I agree he's a Grade A fuck up. But his athleticism is unreal, particularly considering he's not been fully committed to training. He's been pushed to the brink by Gus (in their first fight), Santos and Reyes, but none of them have a clear-cut victory over him. 

So if and when Santos or Reyes has the strap around his waist, there's ALWAYS going to be a question of whether they could have ever earned the title by definitively beating Jon Bones Jones. 

3/27/20 8:54 PM
6/9/16
Bereal - Santos completely blew his knee out on the 1st round and barely lost to Jones.

People seem to forget this.

This is true. Santos may have been able to pull it off if he was healthy. 

3/27/20 10:56 PM
6/9/16
Taco Muncher -
stevekt -
Taco Muncher -

-Ric Flair 

I agree he's a Grade A fuck up. But his athleticism is unreal, particularly considering he's not been fully committed to training. He's been pushed to the brink by Gus (in their first fight), Santos and Reyes, but none of them have a clear-cut victory over him. 

So if and when Santos or Reyes has the strap around his waist, there's ALWAYS going to be a question of whether they could have ever earned the title by definitively beating Jon Bones Jones. 

*Jones' PED usage must also be factored into the equation. This "pulsing" business is sketchy as fuck.  

3/28/20 12:57 AM
8/26/11
Taco Muncher -

-Ric Flair 

I believe Ric meant, to be the man you gotta have the writers write it in the script. 

Get outta here with that bologna. 75% of fans believe Reyes won. 

3/28/20 11:33 AM
12/9/02
Taco Muncher - 

tis would abslutely be legit to many of us after the piss poor decisions that were made 

3/28/20 11:35 AM
12/21/13

That matchup will be a war!

3/28/20 11:37 AM
10/1/16
Taco Muncher - 

-Ric Flair 

Since when did that apply to the UFC? Never.

So let them fight for for a phony interim title. Who cares, it's meaningless anyway and a great fight.
3/28/20 2:37 PM
1/1/01

good matchup

3/28/20 2:49 PM
8/15/07

That Jones is allowed to blatantly continue using steroids invalidates everything he's ever done or ever will do.

3/29/20 12:49 PM
1/13/11

Either one of them would be the most legit of illegitimate champs there could be, since an arguement can vs made that either of them won their fights with Jones.