UnderGround Forums This was hard to watch...guy breaks neck jumping

10 days ago
2/5/06

10 days ago
1/2/20

yep well im never attempting anything 'flying' again. fuck..

10 days ago
8/20/03
Dangerousdoug - yep well im never attempting anything 'flying' again. fuck..

10 days ago
1/1/01

10 days ago
1/1/01

Do not watch. Horrible. 

Edited: 10 days ago
1/6/10

Welp, now I know what that sounds like.

10 days ago
2/25/06

Oh man. That fucking sucks. Poor guy. 

10 days ago
4/25/11

I never take the "Don't watch" advice from posters. But this time I am going to listen to those telling me not to watch. 

Prayers for that guy.

10 days ago
7/15/04
Captain Canuck -

That dude actually died. Broke his neck.

10 days ago
1/13/11

Got tripped and spiked on my head when I was a teen, ruined my neck and back to this day. I'll now consider myself lucky. 

10 days ago
8/24/15
jaydub -

they start a match, both having head control...one guy jumps for an armbar but slips out of the opponents arm and land directly on his neck...you hear a loud pop...then moans...he's laying there not moving and people come to his aid....opponent seems freaked out.  I yelped when I heard the pop.

So glad I watched without sound. This is horrific. 

10 days ago
10/29/10

Really poor taste to be on the front page imo. Made me feel sick 

10 days ago
8/3/11
TexDeuce -
Captain Canuck -

That dude actually died. Broke his neck.

crazy

10 days ago
8/3/11

The diagnosis of Paizutdin:

Closed spinal cord injury. Complicated bilateral concatenated dislocation of the C5 spine, a linear fracture of the arch of the C2 spine.

9 days ago
10/27/03

Well I am never jumping again.

9 days ago
10/8/07

That's one of those injuries that makes you rethink trying stuff like this. Actually I remember right after Anderson broke his leg I had the biggest mental block about throwing leg kicks at the gym.

9 days ago
8/3/11
The Destroyer88 -

That's one of those injuries that makes you rethink trying stuff like this. Actually I remember right after Anderson broke his leg I had the biggest mental block about throwing leg kicks at the gym.

Yeah no shit. About that time, another identical injury happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8om5DN_uoA?feature=oembed

9 days ago
1/21/18

Terrible, glad i watched it on mute and even then stopped after the leg twitches. This is why 99% of BJJ instructors and coaches preach the fundamentals. Big moves take big risks, and this was NOT worth the risk. The other guy has to feel bad even though all he did was attempt not to get his arm broken. Because lets be honest, if you jiump for an arm hard enough to slam and break your neck like that, you were tossing up that armbar with bad intentions.

9 days ago
1/21/18
FingerorMoon -

Well I am never jumping again.

Right? Never been so proud to be white. I got a 4 inch vertical leap, as long as i dont tilt to one side or another i should be good to go. Remember falling or bumping your head when you were a kid? you got a bump or a bruise and keep on ticking, but once your body is finished growing and the bones and shit are all set its a fragile pile of bones.

9 days ago
2/17/10

Oh noo. Poor guy - that was more than horrible to watch. 

9 days ago
7/31/09
Captain Canuck -

I thought I was awesome when I was like 8 years old and tried doing a backflip. Looked a lot like this, I'm sure.

Edited: 9 days ago
11/24/13

His name is Paizutdin Aliyev. Broke his neck, had a stroke, and is now literally paralyzed for life. Can't move any part of his body or speak. So that is basically worse than a faces of death video. And with sound, it's almost as bad as beheading videos.

That's why wrestling > BJJ. Unless you're a feline, you always want to be on top.

Smesh > flashy subs.

9 days ago
4/19/10

Poor guy. So much can change in a split second. 

9 days ago
3/15/15

Not going to watch.

I knew a guy who was a former wrestler, decided to train a little lightly, was picked up, the guy slipped on the mat, landed on his neck -broken. Was never the same again. He is now in his mid-50s and still has to live with it. One reason why I have stopped training. Not worth risking a serious injury. Back, kneck, and knees are my big concerns. 

9 days ago
2/9/09
Nytron -

His name is Paizutdin Aliyev. Broke his neck, had a stroke, and is now literally paralyzed for life. Can't move any part of his body or speak. So that is basically worse than a faces of death video. And with sound, it's almost as bad as beheading videos.

That's why wrestling > BJJ. Unless you're a feline, you always want to be on top.

Smesh > flashy subs.

Can't you get pretty messed up from Wrestling too?