UnderGround Forums Time to reboard the Pico hype train!

11/8/18 8:03 AM
1/1/01
Corrales has been in there with the champ, dropped a split to Emmanuel Sanchez and just beat Karakhanyan and Andy Main.

Great fight.
11/8/18 8:25 AM
7/7/12

yeah best opponent of Pico so far

11/8/18 9:10 AM
4/21/12

Corrales looks legit. Twelve finishes in 16 wins (6 KO / 6 Sub). 

His opponents for most of his career have been solid fighters. I can't imagine what Bellator's matchmaker was thinking, starting him off with Straus (23-6), Sanchez (10-2), and Freire (24-3) for his first three fights in the promotion.

The Pico fight should be all action. I'll be amazed if it makes it to the third round.

11/8/18 9:19 AM
1/23/06
cuttooth - 

Leandro Higo would still be the better opponent on paper
11/8/18 10:31 AM
7/7/12
CRE -
cuttooth - 

Leandro Higo would still be the better opponent on paper

Higo wasnt a Featherweight tho

11/9/18 7:58 AM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever - Recently:

McKee KOs Teixeira
Pico TKOs Higo
Caldwell TKOs Lahat
Pitbull decisions Weichel

Too bad, Karakhanyan and Bubba Jenkins are gone. Karakhanyan beat Jenkins twice. Would both be top 10 FWs.

Possible opponents for Pico since he is not first in line for the title shot:

24-8 Daniel Straus
20-1 Juan Archuleta
11-0 Adam Borics

Henry Corrales vs Andy Main and Pitbull vs Sanchez booked for October/November.

Division is pretty active, McKee is booked for a keep busy fight after his big win, Pico and Corrales booked for the Fedor card, Pitbull and Sanchez fighting next weekend, Archuleta fighting Jeremy Spoon at the end of the month. Wonder what is next for Caldwell, probably a BW title defense.

Pitbull vs Sanchez and Pico vs Corrales are huge fights for the division.

11/9/18 8:26 AM
4/21/12

I'd like to see a rematch between Corrales and Sanchez at some point. Sanchez knocked out some of Corrales's teeth with a knee in their fight.

Corrales seems like a pretty cool guy with an unusual attitude about things. After he got fake teeth to replace the ones Sanchez smashed, he said, “I actually got some really nice teeth out of it.... Dude, they’re (expletive) clean. I swear.” He also has said, “The cool thing about me, dude, I’m not that smart... Ignorance is bliss." 

11/9/18 12:29 PM
9/27/15
Sorry but Corrales has nothing in his arsenal to threaten Pico..Pico wins again in dominant fashion...

Pico/Strauss could be fun
11/10/18 6:41 AM
1/1/01
ons ear - Sorry but Corrales has nothing in his arsenal to threaten Pico..Pico wins again in dominant fashion...

Well at 4-1, Pico is not next in line for the title, McKee, Caldwell (if Coker lets him), and Sanchez are ahead of him so Corrales is a solid fighter like Higo, its a logical fight for a 4-1 prodigy who is still developing his overall MMA game.
11/10/18 6:44 AM
1/1/01
I wish Jenkins and Karakhanyan were still with the promotion.

Talent spread out in UFC, Bellator, PFL, and ACB is the worst thing about FW.
11/10/18 6:51 AM
1/23/06
BJ Penn Forever - 
ons ear - Sorry but Corrales has nothing in his arsenal to threaten Pico..Pico wins again in dominant fashion...

Well at 4-1, Pico is not next in line for the title, McKee, Caldwell (if Coker lets him), and Sanchez are ahead of him so Corrales is a solid fighter like Higo, its a logical fight for a 4-1 prodigy who is still developing his overall MMA game.

Once again training friendship gets in the way of the best possible fight.

Pico vs. McKee should be for #1 contender but they train together
11/10/18 6:57 AM
1/1/01
CRE - 
BJ Penn Forever - 

Once again training friendship gets in the way of the best possible fight.

Pico vs. McKee should be for #1 contender but they train together

I think McKee has said he might move up to LW after capturing the FW title, I think he has the bigger frame.

Bellator has a lot less depth at LW than FW though.

Of course they can fix that pretty easy.

I would love to see Tiger Sarnavsky, Musa Khamanaev and Marcin Held return but I know thats not happening.
1/26/19 11:05 PM
1/1/01
The hype train is being repaired. Please be patient.
1/26/19 11:40 PM
2/15/06
And, time to exit and take a bus. The train was derailed again.
1/27/19 12:34 AM
9/27/15
BJ Penn Forever - The hype train is being repaired. Please be patient.

Lol ...Pico has all the talent in the world but we know his weakness-his chin..damn I saw Pico being a mega superstar in mma but with a shaky chin like that, I'm not so sure anymore..we still have not seen his grappling yet! This ko will hopefully force him to rely on it from here on out

1/27/19 12:36 AM
3/17/17
He can still do big things. Rashad almost always had a shaky chin since the first time he got hit clean in a UFC fight and he still made a solid career for himself.

Aaron REALLY has to get to changing levels a lot during fights. His striking could actually be even better if he was grappling more throughout his fights to set it up.
1/27/19 1:00 AM
10/26/05

Let me off this train. Dude is chinless

1/27/19 1:11 AM
9/24/18
chupecabre - 

Getting knocked out doesn't mean he's chinless.

He fought like a dummy, he'll learn and get better.
1/27/19 1:23 AM
7/31/09
Jones right nostril -
chupecabre - 

Getting knocked out doesn't mean he's chinless.

He fought like a dummy, he'll learn and get better.

The kid does not take shots well. He has all the tools in the world and he chose to slug it out while not having the main tool required to slug it out: a chin. 

1/27/19 1:35 AM
12/31/18
Who's jumping off? I wonder bread.
1/27/19 1:54 AM
6/16/07

I'm just here for The Abe Simpson gif.

1/27/19 2:03 AM
1/13/10

Not sure what Zinkin and Co is thinking with these match ups. His chin won’t make it past 25. Doesn’t help he spars hard at AKA and Wild Card. 

Pico has also fallen in love with his power, he doesn’t even try to grapple. 

1/27/19 7:40 AM
4/21/12
Tug Dabone -

I'd like to see a rematch between Corrales and Sanchez at some point. Sanchez knocked out some of Corrales's teeth with a knee in their fight.

Corrales seems like a pretty cool guy with an unusual attitude about things. After he got fake teeth to replace the ones Sanchez smashed, he said, “I actually got some really nice teeth out of it.... Dude, they’re (expletive) clean. I swear.” He also has said, “The cool thing about me, dude, I’m not that smart... Ignorance is bliss." 

The OK Corrales legend rolls on. In the post-fight interview:

“At my best, I’ve lived a mediocre life,” said Corrales, who picked up his fifth straight win. “And I’m ready to die in this motherfucker.”

Now up to 13 finishes in 17 wins. 

Too early for a title shot, and Sanchez is booked for a fight in March, so give him a rematch with Straus. 

(Corrales was on a 35/35 show/win deal for the fight. Bump his pay, Coker. You're running out of prospects and legends.)

Edited: 1/27/19 8:18 AM
1/21/18
Barry_BondsMVP -

Not sure what Zinkin and Co is thinking with these match ups. His chin won’t make it past 25. Doesn’t help he spars hard at AKA and Wild Card. 

Pico has also fallen in love with his power, he doesn’t even try to grapple. 

fallen in love with his power after like 3 fights against nobodies....stick a fork in him. might be a good wrestler but clearly has a big enough head of a lifetime of competing to think he can get away with this shit. problem is in mma there are diminishing returns when it comes to being KOd, and being KOd twice in 6 fights sucks for someone coming up expecting to make waves.

folks come into the ufc on a streak of 10+ kos in a row, roided to the gills, pedigree like a motherfucker, and they still get bindo'd and dont even make it into a championship fight. to believe your own hype at this level to fight like that shows me he will never be that guy.

1/27/19 9:06 AM
1/1/01
pico can do very well but fight very poorly strategically as some people said above fell in love with his ko power and doesnt mix his skills at all. that wrestling pedigree he should be able to rag doll guys and put those hands on them on the mat where they cant counter all that well..

strategy is everything