UnderGround Forums Time to talk about why Chiesa wasnt cleared UFC223

7 days ago
9/19/13

I'm thinking external influence outside of whoever made the final decision at NYSAC.

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited: 7 days ago
9/19/13

It felt right after Ray Borg's story broke down into a nothing burger.

7 days ago
9/19/13

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203996/michael-chiesa-to-complete-at-ufc-223-despite-multiple-lacerations-from-conor-mcgregor-incident

"Fortunately, Chiesa’s injuries are not severe enough to prevent him from competing on Saturday night. The lightweight fighter has been released from the hospital and still intends to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 223, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported."

7 days ago
2/8/12

$$$

7 days ago
6/27/05

It was the most stringent commission in the sport - pretty sure they frown on people walking into a fight with fresh wounds.

7 days ago
9/19/13
Stu Cazzo -

It was the most stringent commission in the sport - pretty sure they frown on people walking into a fight with fresh wounds.

"Fortunately, Chiesa’s injuries are not severe enough to prevent him from competing on Saturday night. The lightweight fighter has been released from the hospital and still intends to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 223, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported."

7 days ago
3/13/18

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17204810/michael-chiesa-vs-anthony-pettis-scratched-from-ufc-223-after-conor-mcgregor-incident

Chiesa initially believed his injuries would not prevent him from fighting on April 7, however the final call was made by the New York State Athletic Commission late Thursday to remove Chiesa from the card of UFC 223.

In a tweet, Chiesa stated that he was “devastated” by the news and asked Pettis to re-book the fight for June 9 at UFC 225.

7 days ago
9/22/11

Why would he fight? Conor spazzed out and gave him a reason to sit down and double his pay.

Only a fool would have let the ufc pressure him into fighting on that card.

Conor got rich over the incident and so did the ufc......now you wanna cry when someone affected by that sad little fucker and his behavior wants to get paid?

Edited: 7 days ago
6/28/10

He wasnt cleared because someone all jacked up on cocaine was acting like an asshole and threw a dolly through a bus window. LMK if you need to know anything else.

Edit-  I guess I should say he didnt fight because of that.

7 days ago
3/15/10
oranos -
Stu Cazzo -

The commission said no.

Who the fuck cares what Helwani said so stop posting that stupid quote.

5 days ago
4/18/08

^^ I’m questioning whether the nysac actually pulled him though. You know he’s a douche right? 

5 days ago
4/19/17

Chiesa is a huge pussy that should have fought. Whenever you get cut by glass the tiniest little shard can make you drip blood. He had one little tiny spot on his forehead. He needs to admit that he just wants a big payday from a lawsuit and he's not really a fighter. Supposedly his next fight is against Condit.  I hope Carlos has a good lawyer ready for after he beats Chiesa's ass.

5 days ago
11/20/05

I hope he gets 20-30 million, he deserves it.

5 days ago
11/20/05
Lights Out Lurker -

Chiesa is a huge pussy that should have fought. Whenever you get cut by glass the tiniest little shard can make you drip blood. He had one little tiny spot on his forehead. He needs to admit that he just wants a big payday from a lawsuit and he's not really a fighter. Supposedly his next fight is against Condit.  I hope Carlos has a good lawyer ready for after he beats Chiesa's ass.

McGregor is the pussy throwing shit at buses like an infant. Time to grow up Mr McGregor and be a professional..... First pay Mike.

5 days ago
9/19/13
3fie -

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17204810/michael-chiesa-vs-anthony-pettis-scratched-from-ufc-223-after-conor-mcgregor-incident

Chiesa initially believed his injuries would not prevent him from fighting on April 7, however the final call was made by the New York State Athletic Commission late Thursday to remove Chiesa from the card of UFC 223.

In a tweet, Chiesa stated that he was “devastated” by the news and asked Pettis to re-book the fight for June 9 at UFC 225.

That's just after the fact bullshit

5 days ago
3/15/10
Lights Out Lurker -

You should go back to lurking.

5 days ago
1/30/16

Chiesa would be reigning, defending champ if not for Conor

5 days ago
2/14/11

There’s no way he could’ve fought with that head injury and the psychological trauma of the event. He saw a window smash for Christ’s sake, that’s not something you can get over quickly. 

5 days ago
1/3/08

Seeing as he had the same fight weeks later, Conor should give him his show money for the first fight and any medical bills, that way he’s financially up as a result of the incident.

He can fuck off with all his other bs about missed opportunities to fight for the title and mental scaring, I’d refuse to book him if he’s actually mentally scarred by what happened and he’s barely a journeyman fighter.

Lee slapping him at the press conference and Conor’s trolley cutting his forehead are the only notable events of his career that anyone cared about  

5 days ago
7/15/15
MattyJ -

Seeing as he had the same fight weeks later, Conor should give him his show money for the first fight and any medical bills, that way he’s financially up as a result of the incident.

He can fuck off with all his other bs about missed opportunities to fight for the title and mental scaring, I’d refuse to book him if he’s actually mentally scarred by what happened and he’s barely a journeyman fighter.

Lee slapping him at the press conference and Conor’s trolley cutting his forehead are the only notable events of his career that anyone cared about  

Chiesa got his show money for the scratched fight

4 days ago
9/30/09

4 days ago
9/30/09
MattyJ -

You simply don’t get how lawsuits work. Your lawyer writes a statement about how it cost you your whole career And now you’re blind, destitute, and and the state took your seeing eye dog. 

Conor’s lawyer will say well my client is sorry the hospital checked it out. And he lost in the rematch. 

And then they meet in the middle for a sum, it’s a dance between lawyers now. 

4 days ago
5/8/16

I like how chiesa does not wipe the blood or cover the wound. He lets it drop down and run down his face trying to make the cut look more serious..