UnderGround Forums Tony will expose Khabib

9 days ago
5/23/07
Khabib smeshes him
9 days ago
1/14/12

I just hope the fight happens this time .

9 days ago
2/17/03
boxing wiz - 

Neither guy is getting "exposed," they're both bad ass dudes. I think Tony might have just the right style to beat Khabib. Tony's biggest strengths and weaknesses matchup well with Khabib. Sure Khabib has the advantage in wrestling, as he does over everyone at 155. I'm not sure where else I'd favor him over Tony. Tony is the only guy crazy enough that Khabib isn't intimidating at all. I think Tony might actually give Khabib a slight bit of nerves. It's a great fight, probably the best matchup the UFC could make at this time.

Yup.

Just like Tony and Khabib both beating a near prime RDA didn't expose RDA. It just showed that Tony and Khabib are amazing.
9 days ago
1/23/19
boxing wiz -

Neither guy is getting "exposed," they're both bad ass dudes. I think Tony might have just the right style to beat Khabib. Tony's biggest strengths and weaknesses matchup well with Khabib. Sure Khabib has the advantage in wrestling, as he does over everyone at 155. I'm not sure where else I'd favor him over Tony. Tony is the only guy crazy enough that Khabib isn't intimidating at all. I think Tony might actually give Khabib a slight bit of nerves. It's a great fight, probably the best matchup the UFC could make at this time.

Agreed. But I think you are going to see a more cautious Khabib who wants to stay undefeated. Tony is the perfect mix of talent and crazy. I said it before the man fears nobody. I think tony is the one to pull the upset. 

9 days ago
7/24/16
colubrid1 - kahbib will maul Tony and then there will be no one left for him to fight.

I bet Kahbib starts calling back Conor after Conor beats Cowboy and Masvidal at 170.

I think Tony will put up a much tougher fight than you think, but will still lose in the end. If Khabib ends up fighting GSP though, it will be a different story. GSP will dominate Khabib in every aspect of the fight.

Edited: 8 days ago
12/17/09

In my opinion, Khabib's only had 12 "legit" pro MMA fights.

His fights in those Russian orgs prior to signing with the UFC are questionable. He's got a padded record against lots of guys like, Ashot Shahinyan (record: 2 wins - 5 loses) and Kadzhik Abadzhyan (record: 3 wins - 6 loses).

Out of his 12 UFC fights, how many were ranked in the top 10 at the time of fighting Khabib? Let's see, there was - Conor, Poirier, Iaquinta, Barboza, Dos Anjos, and Tibau. So that's 6 top 10 wins. Impressive.

According to Khabib's team mate, Josh Thomson, Khabib's walk around weight is 195 lbs., and his weight inside the cage on fight night is around 185 lbs. - he's a big guy cutting massive weight to fight smaller, legit 155 lbers. Coward shit, come up to 170 (where he belongs) and test yourself. 

He won't though, because he knows what will happen if he does. He will lose his size and strength advantage, and won't be able to wrestle fuck those guys as easily.

People calling this guy GOAT, are like Rousey fans all over again. At 170, where he belongs, (that's still a 25 lbs cut) he gets smeshed.

I'm riding with Tony, but it's not going to be an easy win. Khabib has the physical advantage as always, at 155, but he has a suspect chin. Tony by TKO. 

Tony Ferguson Sport GIF by UFC - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 days ago
2/13/16
boxing wiz -

Not much to argue with here.  This is a fight if you ran it ten times it would end differently everytime 

8 days ago
12/9/12
wiggum - Not sure what there is to expose. The only thing Tony can expose is if he wins is that he is better than Khabib.

Khabib has beaten very good strikers: Edson and Conor.

He has beaten good wrestlers: Abel, Raging Al, Michael Johnson.

He has beaten excellent all around fighters: Dustin and RDA.

Nothing to expose. He is an excellent fighter. If Tony beats him, it's because he is better.

Well put! Nothing to expose. Hope the fight actually happens this time. 

8 days ago
2/17/03
AngryGerbil - 

His fights in those Russian orgs prior to signing with the UFC are questionable. He's got a padded record against lots of guys like, Ashot Shahinyan (record: 2 wins - 5 loses) and Kadzhik Abadzhyan (record: 3 wins - 6 loses).

Out of his 12 UFC fights, how many were ranked in the top 10 at the time of fighting Khabib? Let's see, there was - Conor, Poirier, Iaquinta, Barboza, Dos Anjos, and Tibau. So that's 6 top 10 wins. Impressive.

According to Khabib's team mate, Josh Thomson, Khabib's walk around weight is 195 lbs., and his weight inside the cage on fight night is around 185 lbs. - he's a big guy cutting massive weight to fight smaller, legit 155 lbers. Coward shit, come up to 170 (where he belongs) and test yourself. 

He won't though, because he knows what will happen if he does. He will lose his size and strength advantage, and won't be able to wrestle fuck those guys as easily.

People calling this guy GOAT, are like Rousey fans all over again. At 170, where he belongs, (that's still a 25 lbs cut) he gets smeshed.

I'm riding with Tony, but it's not going to be an easy win. Khabib has the physical advantage as always, at 155, but he has a suspect chin. Tony by TKO. 

Tons of fighters cut weight. Fighters who don't cut weight don't do so because they are brave. They don't cut because they either don't want to or don't feel it makes them more likely to win.

8 days ago
5/22/17
AngryGerbil -

Suspect chin? Tony’s the one always getting rocked, doing somersaults all over the cage 

8 days ago
6/27/05
AngryGerbil -

Calling any fighter a coward over the internet....so controversial and risky...!

8 days ago
11/10/18

I think Tony wins by cardio. However, I certainly won’t be surprised if Khabib beats him like he does everyone else. 

8 days ago
1/10/13
Stu Cazzo -
AngryGerbil -

Calling any fighter a coward over the internet....so controversial and risky...!

Khabib may be certain things, but a coward I wouldn't call him. He had four or five top ranked opponents switched in and out in the days prior to facing Ragin Al and never hesitated taking the fights. The guy is a 100% bad motherfucker. There are a lot of them at 155lbs and he is reigning a top all of them.

8 days ago
2/15/06
CRE is picking Tony so it's a sure bet that Khabib wins.
8 days ago
10/21/10

Lmao!

8 days ago
12/19/10
StrikingMMA - CRE is picking Tony so it's a sure bet that Khabib wins.

Unfortunately this.. CRE can you please stop posting Tony GIFS! For the love of god!!

8 days ago
3/13/08
boxing wiz -

I'm a fan of Tony, but the only ways I see him winning are if he survives long enough for Khabib to gas or if he is able to open a fight ending cut from the bottom.

His wild striking style just makes him easier to take down and he is not a good enough grappler to win from the bottom against someone as good as Khabib.

8 days ago
8/4/08
He's already exposed, Tony's just gonna beat him and solidify it with the Luke Thomas's of the world.
8 days ago
11/19/19

Tony is a badass, but Khabibs top game is so good it's boring.

Tony takes a lot of chances and the fight will be won or lost on one of those chances.

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01

I hope I'm proven wrong because I'd rather Tony win.  But I think it's going to be several rounds with Tony on his back ineffectively trying 10th planet stuff while Khabib pounds the hell out of him.  I predict a 4th round controversial stoppage when Tony is taking too much damage .

8 days ago
11/1/03

I feel the fights Kabibs to win or lose. If he can go with intensity fo 5 rounds its a long nite for Ferg. Ferg doesn't even look to avoid takedowns, he always comes foward. This seems like a bad stragety against Kabib. Tonys not so much of a technical striker, odds are Kabib will land some big shots. If Tony wins it will be by toughness and cardio. I doubt thats enough.

8 days ago
2/13/16
SpartaKick -
StrikingMMA - CRE is picking Tony so it's a sure bet that Khabib wins.

Unfortunately this.. CRE can you please stop posting Tony GIFS! For the love of god!!

Foreal.  for the love of god PLEASE STOP MAKING FIGHT PICKS

8 days ago
7/19/13

Tony is the better fighter, the tougher fighter, and he’s a finisher. Khabib won’t be able to hold Tony. Ferguson finishes Khabib anywhere this fight goes. On the feet it’s a KO, on the ground it’s a gnp stoppage or submission. Khabib is a great fighter too, not trying to knock the guy, he’s a one dimensional dominate you type of fighter. Tony is going to beat him by dogging him out. Khabib has become so predictable over the years, kind of like Askren, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tony has something wrapped up and waiting for his ass. Stiff as a board buddy..

8 days ago
7/19/13

Just became aware that Cre has cursed this fight. Fuck man.. could you please not speak your cancer into existence? I think the Boogeyman is immune to Cre’s curse. The one guy who might be.. 

8 days ago
1/23/06
Obviously you all are unaware that Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to turn the curse into a blessing.