UnderGround Forums Travis Fulton the boxer?

Edited: 10/16/06 12:00 AM
05/13/2004

"Jeff "Diesel" Ford. He beat him early in his boxing career, it is Fields only loss. I represent Ford for MMA where he has been very succesesful. He was also a trainer on Celebrity Fit Club."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... I was with you until this one.... Who has Ford been successful against in MMA?  Unless he's had a ton of training since, when i saw him in MN he wasn't impressive at all.  Good hands, great stand up but absolutely no wrestling or ground game.  Now you're  

Edited: 10/16/06 8:57 PM
01/01/2001
Brunswick - you have never seen someone comment publicly about an athlete they don't represent? Do you live in a box? It happens everyday. Some even call it marketing. Detract from his record??? I was merely stating fact. Do the facts detract from his record? Unprofessional and unethical (arguably violating your code of ethics) would better describe your attempt to discredit and admonish me for reciting what is published fact. Holy cow, who do you "represent" and "advise" in this sport? Not judging, that is exactly what you are attempting to do. Given your experience and vision I needn't be reminded to retain your services in the jurisdictions you practice.
06/10/2006
what other fighters have mma guys lenghty boxing records?
01/01/2001
Conte - Give it a rest. Your screen name is a play on an agents name and you call me a nut hugger? I take pictures with my clients because I am marketing... and they are my friends. I create value for them and make them more money and further their careers. Why don't you call them nut huggers? I do respect Travis Fulton's efforts as an MMA fighter. He shows up every week and gives a workman like effort. If he were my client I would even take pictures with him. The incitement was against the current state of BOXING where you can make 15 paydays against opponents who have never won while the unsuspecting public comes to watch a competition.
01/01/2001
Crafty- Chris Lytle, another one of my clients does as well. His boxing record is 13-1-1.
07/25/2002
One time travis talked shit to me and said he had more money than me for no reason. He is fucking weird.
01/07/2004
for the record, fulton makes very good money to be a journeymen boxer. He hates doing it, but it simply pays to good. and I think we all know that he would smoke all these guys in a real fight. Your an ashole for talking shit on someone who is earning there mortgage payments. It might be different if he went around like his shit didnt stink. he knows how much it takes to be a real good boxer and doesnt do it, but he knows he can get in there and at least put up a good fight. btw, the facts were presented in a way to poke fun at him, you sir are a duece bag.
04/26/2003
Ken, I think you knew exactly what you were doing with this post. You're not just "commenting publically." You're trying to undermine Travis' record without provocation and not in the context of an interview. Don't backpeddle. I think you'd be very surprised to find out who i've represented and worked with in MMA alone. I'm not going to give you my resume. Suffice to say part of the reason I counsel some of the companies that probably sponsor the fighters you represent(if they're really under contract with the UFC) is because I have a reputation for honestly, competency and professionalism. You're right though, I was judging. I should clarify. I wasn't judging you or your competency as an "mma agent." I was judging this thread as unprofessional, and it is. Recharacterize your intent or try to undermine me, thats ok, we see it all the time. If you care to discuss this further shoot me a message. And watch what you say to someone you don't know, you may actually be trying very hard to "retain my services" for the fighters you represent ; )
01/01/2001
I am an "ashole" for "talking shit on someone"? Lol... what? I am a "duece bag"? As in two bags? I am attacking the institution of boxing. Travis is merely a pawn in what has become the corrupt sport of our grandfathers. I am ushering in the era and public mainstream acceptance of MMA. I understand Travis is doing what he has to to make ends meet, but he is fueling the ugly side of the sweat science. If he had me for a manager his paydays would be significant enough so that he would not have to take so many of those club fights or set-ups. And then people wouldn't "talk shit" on him.
07/25/2002
ken p. you shouldn't be correcting anyones spelling.
01/01/2001
Brunswick - Come on counselor. "I think" is herese per se. You don't know what my intent was, and your guess is incorrect. I was using an argument that is often taught in law school and categorized as "ultimate facts." The facts lead the reader to conclusions that they are to arrive at on their own. Translated - Reader sees Fulton's 15 wins against opponents who have zero wins combined. Reader says "boxing is retarded and corrupt." They surmise that they would rather spend their hard earned money on a more legitimate and exciting endeavor such as MMA. Did I use Travis as an example, yes. Is Travis a bad fighter? As far as MMA he is very good. As far as a boxer, who knows, that sport is retarded and corrupt. I would expect more from you counselor. The meek of mind would say I am "talking shit on someone" and that I am a "duece bag." I would expect you, by virtue of your training and level of intellect as evidenced by your education, to see the big picture and contemplate as opposed to react. Oh and for the record, I NEVER back peddle.
01/01/2001
ttt
06/10/2006
Want to see something real corrupt, look at this dudes record? http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=004788 He hasn't won since 2002. Lytles got a pretty good record BTW. Beat a dude pretty easily with a 44-8 record. Another dude Lytle beat has lost 256 times. That should be illegal.
04/26/2003
For the record, I don't think you're talking shit and I don't know you, so I don't have any opinion re: whether or not you are a duecebag (sp?). However, let me make an observation. If you believe that "I think" is hearsay, per se, then you either never went to law school or didn't pay attention. Thinking, or one's opinion, is actually the opposit of hearsay. "Mike told me he thought" or "Mike said" is hearsay. The big picture is exactly what I saw, contemplated, and reacted to. Again, not judging you as a person or professionally, but your post is absolutely unprofessional and, as i'm sure you will come to know, this sort of "marketing" does nothing for an athlete except embarrass them. Marketing your athlete involves highlighting "their" attributes and selling them to a sponsor or organization, not undermining another athlete. Ever see Monte create a negative post about an athlete? No, you haven't. And finally, call it whatever you want, but you created this post to trash Fulton and not just to "present the facts." Characterizing this as anything else is either backpeddling or means you didn't/don't even see just how unprofessional this thread is. Just my .02, hell, I may not know anything. Forget about me altogether.
Edited: 10/16/06 10:34 PM
01/01/2001
The very first thing I said was "Give the guy props for doing what he has to do to make ends meet." Is that trashing a guy? I gave him his props before I mentioned the gross inequities that exist in the sport of boxing.
07/25/2002
I really don't think anything kenp said was rude our uncalled for.
01/01/2001

Kyle,

The "duece bag" comment was really funny as was the reply of "as in two bags."  Please do not edit it as it is much funnier that way.

Greg

01/01/2001
Some may say I am not a smart agent. Many will say I am not politically correct, I am controversial, and I speak my mind. Even more will say I can't spell. NONE of my clients will tell you that I have done a less then steller job. I know this because I talk to all of them all of the time. Since this is no longer about Fulton and boxing, allow my shameless self promote. I get results for my guys, period. They get fights. The get sponsors. They get ancillary opportunities. They get career guidance. Given the amount of time I spend on each of my guys and the return, I am working for nearly minimum wage. Why? Because I enjoy it and I am investing in the future. How? I have the financial security that allows me to do this. Hence this guy that "talks shit on people" and is a "duece bag" is making a difference in the lives of 20 plus preeminent professional fighters. Ultimately I sit back an address the attention of my distracter to the scoreboard.
01/01/2001
lol... Ryan, that doesn't make me a hypocrite. It was a typo... my bad. And duece bag is a long way from douchebag.
02/24/2006
Ken P does good work for his fighters. Don't let his bad spelling or misinterpretation of hearsay (you got two birds with one stone on that one..) detract from the aforementioned. Don't know why the choice of thread title. Perhaps to contrast with the one about Ricco?
03/06/2006
"It was a typo... my bad" You must have some fat fingers if you can accidentally hit the a when going for the e especially when the correct spelling is a double e.
Edited: 10/17/06 12:00 AM
01/01/2001
lol... So I wasnt paying attention during Lit Skill, or evidence. I won my moot court trial with theatrics. Hey Smac, my fingers are PHAT.
01/01/2001
MTKO, they mock what they dont understand. I appreciate the moment it took you to put the thread to the top. This thread has garnished me three independent solicitations (down from the norm). Thanks for the free publicity. Oh and who the hell are you?
10/23/2002
ttt
Edited: 10/17/06 5:49 AM
04/07/2006
let me lay a little knowledge on the law school educated agent if i may. duecebag, duece as in dropping a duece, or who made dookie in the urinal. bag as in colostomy bag. put them together and you have duecebag, as in you are a ducebag. and im pretty sure its the sweet science... duecebag.