UnderGround Forums Travis Fulton the boxer?

Edited: 10/18/06 12:00 AM
07/31/2002
I'm glad to see your apology Mike, for Chris and Jake's sake at the very least.
09/24/2002
thanks Cube. wasn't doing it for them though. doing it because it was the right thing to do. I will NEVER support those 2 again.
09/24/2002
Cube-a fool who has come a long way;)
07/31/2002
Mike, you sound like a bitter fool who hasn't come as far as you would like. I had the same situation happen in regards to my managing of Joe Riggs, but he's still one of my best friends in this world. My life didn't center around managing him, so it wasn't such a harsh blow when he chose other management. Meanwhile, he left the other manager less than four months later and has acknowledged making a mistake. I never bashed him and understood that he had to do what he thought was best for his career, because after all, he's the guy who has to get in the cage and fight. You should have more respect for Lytle and O'Brien, unless you only care about them when you're making money off them of course.
01/07/2004
i will leave it. the sweat science was good too. however the way the facts were presented were in such a way as to make fun of someone(fulton), and not to make fun of the sweat science.
09/24/2002
Cube-You don't know the circumstances or the BS I've put up with. I'm happy with the way you handled it but, you sound like an idiot for judging me when you don't know both sides of the story. Why not get both sides and then come to a reasonable and logical conclusion. Also, I didn't make money off of them. I was sticking up for another local guy who they really screwed over. Anxiously awaiting your response:)
09/24/2002
Cube-also, if you've managed before then why try to hate about making money. It is a BUSINESS after all-correct? I spent 8 yrs. losing money on this sport so I'm certainly not afraid to make monies now for what I do;)
07/31/2002
I don't blame you for trying to make money in this sport, trust me, I've been there and done that. And I also know how disheartening it is to be with a fighter for so long only to watch them go elsewhere. But like you said, this is a business. The fighters are the ones who have to step in the cage and fight, and thus it is their right to make the decisions that will affect their career, regardless of whether it's the right choice. If you were truly close to those guys at one point you would remain so, and wish them luck. And I mean that. I don't need to know the circumstances to know that Lytle is one of the most standup guys you will find in this sport. Good luck trying to find someone who would say a bad word about him. Except for you. If you truly understand the landscape of this sport, and I know you've been around long enough now that you do understand it, you would understand why those guys may have felt the need to move on. Did Lytle and O'Brien's previous manager have two full-time assistants to help manage their careers? Was it the manager's full-time job to manage them? Those things make a difference in terms of how a fighter is represented. . I'm not trying to bash you Mike as much as I find it in extremely bad taste that you would insult Lytle and O'Brien for making a career decision. If you are going to say they are not championship material anyway, then they obviously made the right move in getting away from that environment.
09/24/2002
Cube-I think you are mistaken-I did not manage them. I'm pretty sure that I'm entitled to my opinions bro. IMO they are not titleists, but I may be proven wrong. There are others who share my view of Lytle. Yes-it was their previous manager's fulltime job(he built his business around those 2 individuals). Also, I was never close to them as you presume. I did some business for Lytle(at his request) and got screwed and forced out of my team. As far as enviroment-again you are making assumptions about relationships. Feel free to support them but I'm certainly not going to and not going to take criticism for that. I'm confident that there are fighters whom you choose not to support.
07/31/2002
"I'm pretty sure that I'm entitled to my opinions bro." As I am as well. I think your opinion was crap and I'm letting you know about it. "IMO they are not titleists, but I may be proven wrong." So only title holders have value in this sport? And who are you to determine that Chris Lytle is not a potential title holder? That's kind of arrogant, don't you think? Has Lytle not proven himself enough to you, the all mighty Mike Camp? I think Lytle is the man and has the potential to beat any 170-pounder on any given night, especially with his striking skills. "There are others who share my view of Lytle." Really? I know that you can't please everybody or make everybody your friend, but I have never heard a bad word about Lytle before this. In addition to having thought he was a great guy on the two occasions I have met him (and yes, that is hardly enough time to "know" somebody), I know a lot of fighters and fight-related people that call him a friend. "Feel free to support them but I'm certainly not going to and not going to take criticism for that." I will support them as I support most every fighter that is exciting to watch, and especially when I know they are good people. You go ahead and don't support them all you want, but you WILL take criticism when you are obviously bashing them because things didn't work out for their previous manager and with you.
09/24/2002
Dude-are you mad at me or something? Have I wronged you in a previous life? You keep dissecting my opinions and state they are crap yet I've never attacked you. Notice that you didn't respond to the last line regarding fighters you don't support. Feel free to criticize me-that's what I get paid for. Yes-get paid full time to be a fight expert;) I enjoy our right to disagree-America is special. Well, I'm off to Cleveland to run the TV series we do! See ya around bro.
07/31/2002
"Anxiously awaiting your response:)" Hey Mike, that was what you said to me at the end of your post, in response to my reaction to what you said about Lytle and O'Brien. So I gave you the courtesy of responding. Don't tell me that you're anxiously awaiting my response and then do a dick tuck when I give it to you. I don't have a problem with you personally, I don't know you other than having met you briefly at a show in Minnesota a couple of years ago. I am talking solely about what you said regarding Lytle and O'Brien. You made some real dick comments about them and came off sounding very bitter. And now you're trying to make yourself sound all important, while putting down the talents of Chris Lytle. You will never be as important in this sport as Lytle and you should know that. It just rubbed me the wrong way, this is a public forum where you made the option of voicing your opinion, I said my piece because I wanted to, and here we are. Are you still having trouble figuring out where I'm coming from?
01/07/2004
"Give the guy props for doing what he has to do to make ends meet.

His boxing record is 15-16 BUT WIAT. He has NEVER gone the distance. That means he has 15 knockouts and has been knocked out 16 times, BUT WAIT. The 15 opponents that he has beaten have only ONE win between them all... and it was against TRAVIS FULTON.

This is just plain weird."

at what point, are you making a point about boxing,  you are a fighter bashing sleaze hound.  Two Bag(KenP), if you want us to think that you are indeed saying somthing about the state of boxing as opposed to ridiculing Fulton, I would say that you need to cummunicate that in your original post which you clearly did not do.  Are we supposed to just assume that is what you meant?  point, set, match, you suck a fatty.

01/01/2001
Cleveland? Are you bragging? Isnt that one step below pergatory? Hey Old School, how do I get credit for this? You want this to end in hatered and BS? Go to Cleveland you nuthugger!
01/01/2001
Kyle they are called ultimate facts. It leads those with mid level intelligence to formulate their own conclusions based on the facts presented. For those with sub standard intellect, which you so proudly offer up, allow me to speak in your language... Kyle too much Budweiser bad. MMA good. Swallowing tobacco juice bad. Ringside seats good. Dating members of your immediate family bad. Spike TV good. And finally for the crescendo... the corruption riddled sport of boxing as evidenced by the Travis Fulton saga in BAD.
01/01/2001
Sorry Kyle just re read my post, let me help you out so you don't have to scramble for the Webster's Dictionary. A "crescendo" is a conclusion after a big build-up.
Edited: 10/19/06 12:00 AM
03/21/2002
The real Jerry Mcguire has arrived on the underground!! LOL.. Pretty entertaining, but be cool to my friend Travis Fulton. If he gets offered to box Pro and make some money, improve his stand up for MMA.. great for him. Pro Boxing is screwed up anyway. Fulton isn't contributing to anything negative towards pro boxing. He's doing what that sport is all about, and playing the game... I was around pro boxing 6 years (business side) and saw a alot of craziness in that sport. I still like it though.
03/19/2002
Jason, how is the injury coming along?
10/04/2006
meah, wut go own n heya? KenP won sum patd da rajun cagin? O mebbe we cudd sedup a riddle somtin wif u boi Tito, meah? Mebbe u's cudd ax im y fo he b dukin da roux ga roux. all teke own im and dem knew guis ur steelen frum udder peepel n indiyana.
11/09/2004
What the hell???
10/04/2006
meah, wah yous meen 'wut de heww?' kaint u reed, meah? mebbe, u shudd go to skools.
05/30/2005
I don't get why people get so pissed when someone just points out something that is going on. He didn't come on here and rip the hell out of Fulton, but instead just pointed out who he has been fighting. I think in any sport it's valid to question sandbagging in general.
01/01/2001
ttt
Edited: 10/20/06 12:00 AM
09/24/2002
Cleveland is alright. Cube-your right. Lytle's contributions to the sport are far reaching! lol. He hasn't done jack crap to help the sport or anyone in it but himself. You attack me for stuff I said but you DO NOT know the facts. I remember you and thought we were cool. Lytle is a jackass. period. How much has he helped his mentor Jason Godsey? I sound bitter because I am stating the truth and you do not like it. Don't spout off about stuff that you have no idea about.
Edited: 10/20/06 12:00 AM
03/21/2002
PartsGuy, Still going through physical therapy. I'm confident i will be back. thank you. jason reinhardt