UnderGround Forums Travis Fulton the boxer?

Edited: 10/20/06 12:00 AM
07/31/2002
"Cube-your right. Lytle's contributions to the sport are far reaching! lol. He hasn't done jack crap to help the sport or anyone in it but himself. You attack me for stuff I said but you DO NOT know the facts. I remember you and thought we were cool. Lytle is a jackass. period. How much has he helped his mentor Jason Godsey? I sound bitter because I am stating the truth and you do not like it. Don't spout off about stuff that you have no idea about." It's official, you are a jackass Mike! Lytle is a family man, a firefighter and one of the better 170-pounders in the world. And you are so bitter. Have a great day :)
Edited: 10/20/06 3:59 PM
09/24/2002
thanks Cube! Best of luck Ken.
08/26/2005

KP: > Come on counselor. "I think" is herese per se.

BB: >Thinking, or one's opinion, is actually the opposit of hearsay.

Actually,  "I think" would be considered speculation in the context above...  I think....

01/10/2006
come on mike. such harsh words. i have met chris and he is one hell of a nice guy. he is cool and gives advice. why u dislike him so much? is it cause palmer is no longer his manager or that jake left palmer. that shit happens in this business. i like all of them jake, chris and keith. they are all awesome sob's. i wish chris and jake the best of luck. chris has a good chance at beating serra. email me back mike at jbq0911@yahoo.com
03/13/2002
ttt
07/31/2002
"come on mike. such harsh words. i have met chris and he is one hell of a nice guy. he is cool and gives advice. why u dislike him so much? is it cause palmer is no longer his manager or that jake left palmer. that shit happens in this business." Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way. So bitter, it really makes you look bad Mike.
01/01/2001
Camp you make statements like that about guys like Lytle... YOU LOSE. So much for any credibility you may have had. Lytle is a stand-up guy by objective standards. Your subjective standards are waaaaay off base.
Edited: 10/21/06 12:00 AM
03/06/2006
Ken, you are the last clown to talk about anybody else's credibility!
Edited: 10/22/06 8:47 AM
01/01/2001
Scoreboard gentlemen... I effect it, you watch it. Try getting off you rented furniture between your Ruffles and dip tonight. I will wave to you from Ringside at Pride...
Edited: 10/22/06 12:00 AM
06/18/2006
Pav is the standard HNIC Italian.  I like the guy.  Tells it like it is and leaves it up to you to prove him wrong. Easier said than done.  Funny fucker IMO.
01/07/2004
KenP is italian for dickweed
01/01/2001
KenP is pure comedic gold.
Edited: 10/22/06 8:51 AM
01/01/2001
KenP is 5'8" and 185... but close Conte. I love talking about myself in the third person. Oh and the family is in The OC, not in Roch, we all came up and now represent. FYI, Pride comped the tickets despite my willingness to pay. I was with clients Martin Kampman, Jake O'Brien, Razor Rob, and one of my assistants, and prospective client Mike Pyle. I love the way you make shit up to advance your arguements. Fantasy to some is reality. I guess if the facts dont work in your favor you have little alternative. Yes I am a HUGE fan of all my guys. Some may call it a groupie. Others would see it for the mutual respect the relationship fosters. Conte Mox you never did answer the question of how much Monte Cox weighs when you are not on his nuts. My relationships are symbiotic, yours are clearly nut hugging.
Edited: 10/22/06 8:39 AM
01/01/2001
Actaully heading over to Pure right now to hang with Phil. I got him a few sponsors as you can see from his shorts. Stopped in to check e-mail and to send an email of my client list to the Japanese group I met with during the intermission. They are doing a number of shows in the first quarter of 07 and tracked me down because they want a bunch of my guys. Ah Tait... may I direct your attention to the scoreboard. Now it is off to the friendly confines of Sin City... oh and by the way the view from my suite suite at The Hotel is quite nice, but I am sure it doesnt compare to those bums warming their hands in the trash can fire outside your double wide.
06/18/2006
I doubt anyone on the UG would pass on an opportunity to chill with Pav in the LV.  At least I've heard good things.  I hope that someday I'll know for myself.
Edited: 10/22/06 8:56 AM
01/01/2001
Just got back to the room stay tuned for the party pics on Myspace, as always they were epic. Even got Wanderei and Baroni to hug and we all posed for a photo opp. VIP at Pure was off the hook. Rampage, Mayhem, my guys and the AKA crew threw backsome Red Bulls in your honor Conte and Tait. But I am sure that you guys had more fun swallowing your tobacco juice to get a buz and beating your wives. Gentlemen dont hate the player, hate the game. Hey Merril, next big fight you want to come to, you get the red carpet for the after party. No waiting in line with Conte and Tait. You are hooked up bro for real. All I ask is that you post as you see it. It will blow your mind. You dont hate you appreciate.
06/18/2006

that's a plan.

05/13/2004

It's so funny to me that people think that Pavia is over the top.  Have any of you ever dealt with a professional sports agent?  I've dealt with guys who represent NBA, NFL and MLB players... compared to most of those guys, Ken is humble.

There's a reality that some people are going to have to accept... like it or not.  The professional sports agents are going to start to make their way into MMA.  Now that there is some money involved, we'll start seeing bigger name agents crossing over from other sports.  Don't hate it, it's progress.

Some of the things i've seen agents do for their clients is insane and i've heard nothing but good things about Pavia from the guys he actually WORKS for.  I've literally had agents call me and ask me to review mortgage and title docs for their client, at their own expense when I wasn't even doing the loan.  Can't tell you how many "Hey, (enter athlete here) is doing a mortgage in California... Do me a favor and make sure he's not getting screwed... I'll settle with you".  These guys become life managers as much as they are sports managers.  They provide a level of service that is unique to the MMA world.

Accept the success of the sport.  You can't bitch about fighter pay then hate on a professional agent like Pavia.  Most guys who manage fighters do it as a side gig... This guy does it for a living... of course 99 out of 100 times he's going to be better at it.  I know loyalty is big in our sport, but you have to realize these guys have a very small window of time to make as much cash as they can... If they choose to optimize thier earning power by using a Professional, Licensed Sport AGENT, then who are we to hold it against them?  You can bitch about a guy like Pavia all you want, but at the end of the day... Are you going to pay the fighter's mortgage because he doesn't have the cash?

Steve

03/10/2004
Damn fine post from sgavin.
06/08/2006
ttt for Ken, other agents, fighters getting paid, fighters getting help, and all the other advancements in the sport This is just the start. if we are all lucky
01/01/2001
Thanks Gavin you hit the nail on the head. To reinforce your point let the record reflect that I am about to go look at Baroni's house to help negotiate a deal for its sale. Then it is over to Ceasars Palace to meet with Caesar Gracie about a fight contract. Then it is three hours in the car on the way home where I get to give the "we play hard but we keep our priorities in order and get our work done everyday" speech to Jake O'Brien who saw his first post fight victory party last night. Some guys get a taste of it and lose their minds, he handled it well. I also hooked up Jake to roll at the Xyience Training Facility yesterday with at the practice with Forest and Whitehead. We also arranged a week of two a days for the week where he will be training with Rampage, Tito, and Hector Ramirez this week. He will be staying at my house. The kid has his head on straight and is going to be great and I will see to that... but I am a "tool" and "troll" who is not doing my job... lol.
01/10/2006
awesome kenp. jake is awesome. he will be a force to reckoned with in the cage. he is a hell of a nice guy. i like jake and chris. i believe chris will handle serra pretty damn good. i wish jake the best of luck in his next fight by the way when is it. people change where they train and their managers for a new look it happens. i like keith as well and wish him the best of luck in the future
05/29/2005
I have been following this thread since it began and have been trying to keep my opinions to myself : Oops, looks like I just blew it. I have got to throw my two cents in, wait, I've only got a nickel.....ANYONE GOT CHANGE???????? NO! Ok, here goes. Ken, when you say you represent JAKE O'BRIEN and CHRIS LYTLE, do you mean you manage them??? I'm just a little worried you're attempting to use the "old lawyer wording trick". If you say you've got 2 signed, exclusive managerial contracts (one for each) - then my nickel just became really stupid. As I understand it, you have a NON-EXCLUSIVE SPONSORSHIP agreement with Lytle and you're working on one with Jake O'Brien (he's deciding now). Isn't that a low-budget attorney trick? "I REPRESENT MR. LYTLE AND MR. O'BRIEN" - thus using that to get other guys to sign with you assuming that you're their mangers. I also know that Jake O'Brien/Chris Lytle have a valid (signed) managerial contracts with Keith Palmer. Keith isn't the type of guy who's going fight to keep a guy who's considering leaving (breaking his word/agreement) to be with a whore ambulance chaser, pretend fight manager, low rent sports agent. I have to ask to : What are the chances you would end up in a cab with O'Brien's parents??? I'm sure you weren't sitting outside the hotel or venue, waiting to jump in like a con-man. I don't know, but I don't care for you. (I'm sure that just ruined your day). I've not been on good terms with Palmer, O'Brien, or Lytle for months.....so my chiming in seems a little weird....but Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong. I won't deny that you're kicking ass and taking names (according to your claims, if they're true). If you don't have contracts with these guys and you're chiming in pretending or representing to be their manager when you're nothing more than the next guy (if I call Lytle and tell him I've got a $50,000 a year sponsor - i'm sure he'll sign a non-exclusive sponsorship agreement with me too). If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. I just can't imagine O'Brien or Lytle being so dumb or low to break an agreement with a guy who's been their friend for years to leave and go with a scum-bag. They could make a call to a guy like Monte Cox who could do more than any other manger out there for them at this point. I don't agree with many of Mike Camp's opinions, he's the match-maker for the LFC, but I do respect them. He's been doing this a long time, when it wasn't easy and didn't pay well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. O'Brien is a talented kid who has a huge upside. He's lost his way over the past few months, but I fully believe he'll get back on track. He's a real "FIGHT SMART" fighter and very enjoyable to watch. The UFC is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY taking care of him. Should have just given him 4 FORFEIT WINS. He's yet to really be tested in his early career, so I'll chime back in once I see him fight a guy of at least a MONSON caliber. I don't see him having trouble with Shockman or Sanchez (if he sticks to his game plan - if he decides to stand and bang, he could go down - otherwise 1 word HOUSE). Lytle is no doubt in the later years of his career. One of the most well-rounded guys in MMA. He's been hurt over his career (in my opinion) because of two things #1 He walks around about 170lbs and could/should be fighting at 155lbs (whew - just got goosebumps thinking about his dominance) or at least 162 in Japan. #2 Training partners. Lytle's always been the best where he's trained and that makes it tough. I look for him to dominate Matt in the final and win on a decision. Lytle has been there and done that. I not only consider Chris a friend, but also one of my favorite fighters (and has been for some time). That being said - he may or may not like it, but I don't see him doing anything against Matt Hughes. I think Hughes is a real dick and he's one of my least favorite, but no doubt, he's a freak of nature. If Lytle beats Matt in the finale, I think Matt in the TITLE FIGHT, will be only the 2nd time he is finished or submitted in a fight (with Riggs being #1) At any rate - if I'm wrong - I'm wrong - If I'm not I'm not. It's all opinion. If you're going to try to have a BIG DICK PISSING CONTEST, at least use facts, not bull shit like "REPRESENT" with the intent of meaning manager when you don't. Who do you MANAGE (the whole 20%, negotiate for the fights, sponsorships, etc)??? You also say TITO.... Who do you have full (exclusive) Managerial Contracts with???? Scott
01/07/2006
"This is just plain weird." i before e except after c...... imo
Edited: 10/22/06 7:57 PM
01/01/2001
This is just strange to me. I'm actually hoping this thread eventually finds its way off here. Jake O'Brien's contract situation will be taken care of shortly. I spoke with Jake and his parents, and we have an agreement on what we are going to do. Jake is a great guy. Communication between the two of us hasn't necessarily been great over the past few weeks, but I consider him a friend. Jake has a ton of potential, and for his sake, I hope that whatever agreement he makes with Ken Pavia turns out for the best with him. Chris Lytle is probably my best friend. Chris is nearing the last couple of years of his career, and whatever he needs to do to maximize his earnings, I'm all for it. Chris is pretty much self managed in regards to MMA, but I'm pretty sure I'm the first person he calls in regards to matchups, and I know he does value my opinion. In regards to boxing, I managed and trained him. 13-1-1 in 4 years, #28 by the WBC, and pretty much being on the last season of the Contender until they switched weight classes are great accomplishments. Achieving all of this, with no amateur career is phenomenal. I'm proud of helping him get to that point. I doubt he'll box again, due to the success he's having in MMA, but you never know. I will be working with him on his boxing for every MMA fight he has. I believe we'll be together till the end of his career, and be friends after. As a manager, I know what I'm good at it. I know what areas I need to improve. I can develop a fighter, picking the right fights, build a record, and overall help that fighter develop. I'm proud of being able to do so. I don't want this thread to put Lytle or O'Brien in a bad light. Whether you agree or disagree with Ken Pavia is up to you. I'd rather it be on another thread though. Best of luck to Jake against Josh Shockman, and keep your eye on Lytle against Matt Serra. He will be ready.