UnderGround Forums Twitter reacts to Jon Jones arrest

1 day ago
2/14/11

Kirik is spot on with being irritated by Jons ramblings about God/Jesus. He’s a fucking laughing stock with that sanctimonious bullshit. 

Jon, if there is a God, pretty sure he wouldn’t hold you in high regard...

1 day ago
2/18/10
Frodo Zack -

Jones is a young dude with a lot of cash.. Back off..haters

Jones ain't old but he sure as hell ain't young!

1 day ago
8/26/13

I thought Jon Jones was 6'4 i didn't know he was 666

1 day ago
6/7/16
darkness66 -

He just needs to embrace the roll. No one still thinks he's any kind of roll model. He should just do what he does and win fights. And the next time something like this happens, which it certainly will, he can tell everyone to fuck off instead of trying to sound like an alter boy

The criminal justice system needs to embrace him in this role and give him prison time. It’s been “enough is enough” too many times. If this was any one of us, we’d have already been doing hard time.

1 day ago
11/16/09
Dugs95 -

How many times is this millionaire gonna get charged with no insurance!? It’s a charge every time he’s pulled over! Blows my mind 

That's because America is the land of the free. Free to do pretty much whatever the fuck you want if you're rich, or know the right people. There are limits of course, like, if you jerk off passive aggressively into a plant in front of someone after asking permission, you do that enough times and you're fucked! Run over a pregnant lady? Have a history of DWI? Or suspicion of it? NO PROBLEM!

1 day ago
8/27/11
Nytron -
lancearmstrongsmissingtesticle -
Nytron -

Ahahahahahahhahahahahaha, see below:

I actually disagree with Mike, to the point where the opposite is the case: e.g. Attempted vehicular manslaughter of a pregnant woman and then fleeing the scene leaving her for dead is far more egregious.

I know this isn't the point, but I'm curious on how one goes about an "attempted manslaughter"

Driving while drunk, hitting a pregnant woman, and then fleeing the scene with your booze and illegal drugs.

If you turn the key and you're drunk, and you go on to hit someone, that is attempted manslaughter.

Lol. There’s no such law. The mental culpability of manslaughter is recklessness or negligence. You can’t attempt to be reckless. You either are or you’re not. 

Murder, on the other hand, requires intent. You can intend to kill someone and then fail. Hence attempted murder. You can’t attempt to accidentally kill someone. Hence attempted manslaughter doesn’t exist. 

1 day ago
5/8/16
Nytron -
Nytron -

I actually disagree with Mike, to the point where the opposite is the case: e.g. Attempted vehicular manslaughter of a pregnant woman and then fleeing the scene leaving her for dead is far more egregious.

I know this isn't the point, but I'm curious on how one goes about an "attempted manslaughter"

Driving while drunk, hitting a pregnant woman, and then fleeing the scene with your booze and illegal drugs.

If you turn the key and you're drunk, and you go on to hit someone, that is attempted manslaughter.

Lol  your an idiot

1 day ago
4/12/11

Reputation in tatters? Lol!

1 day ago
1/1/01
Nytron -
Nytron -

Manslaughter is accidentally killing someone, and by definition you can't attempt to accidentally do something. If you're attempting something then it's no longer an accident. Words matter.

1 day ago
12/7/10

To me, the worst part of this every part is terrible story, is the staggeringly bad decision making. Knowing his history with this very Albuquerque police, Jon Jones chose to drive at twice the legal limit, with an open bottle in the car?? And this is not even mentioning the gun that was found after police responded to shots being fired. How many stupid boughs can one man break??

If he was drunk, and driving, and firing off a pistol, the police would almost be derelict in not coming down hard, in case it escalates in the future, to him firing the gun at someone.

There is almost no logical defense or excuse he can give. He admits to the police that he had been drinking that day. He did poorly on the sobriety tests. He had an open container. The DWI by itself could be parole violation and he could get time for that alone.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who seems so determined to wreck his life, but I don't wish him ill will or think he's the plague of life. In the end, he drove drunk and got caught shooting off his gun. No one was touched, nobody lost their life. I'm not condoning at all, and best believe Jon Jones will suffer greatly for this, but I'm not gonna take any joy or mock a man when he's down.

Another fighter greatly in need of Fighter PR. Story's been up about 6 hours now and his twitter page has no mention of it. His manager Malki Kawa, who's biggest and most important client is Jon Jones, is no better. This is his top tweet right now:

If there is no response from your side, you allow the other side to control the narrative.

Or maybe Malki Kawa understands that this time Jon Jones has fucked himself so bad, no amount of spin can alter the facts, and that consequences and repercussions are about to get real.

1 day ago
7/18/11
Adam The Saint -
darkness66 -

He just needs to embrace the roll. No one still thinks he's any kind of roll model. He should just do what he does and win fights. And the next time something like this happens, which it certainly will, he can tell everyone to fuck off instead of trying to sound like an alter boy

The criminal justice system needs to embrace him in this role and give him prison time. It’s been “enough is enough” too many times. If this was any one of us, we’d have already been doing hard time.

Actually, I disagree with that. There’s a lot of career criminals with way more on their record than Jones out walking around, at least in liberal states and cities. It’s technically only his 2nd DWI I think...he ran away from the accident scene and avoided one the last time. 

However, I think his quasi-celebrity status will work against him. There will be more pressure to punish him as he can’t fade into the background like a Charlie Nobody could. 

1 day ago
6/8/10

The only part that suprises me about any of those pics and tweets is the fact he's 6'6, those shower shoes aren't 2 inches tall. 

1 day ago
7/30/03

I read that he was at 3rd and Central. That is where Knockouts stripclub is but I'm pretty sure they are closed right now. Even with the virus and lockdowns that is not an area where you would want to shoot a gun without getting caught.

1 day ago
1/24/17
JoeHurley -
gokudamus - wonder how egg is going to spin this one

Why is it when Jon Jones gets does something stupid and gets arrested that people start asking what Dana and the UFC are going to do about it? Since when did your employer also become responsible for punishment over legal issues? 

Couldn't agree more. Cleary the legal system is flawed, they guy needs a wake up call before he actually kills someone. Shitty people will continue to do shitty things if they aren't stopped. 

His 30 for 30 is going to be a Zoo

1 day ago
10/8/08
god forgives
1 day ago
12/7/10
SickEye -
Adam The Saint -
darkness66 -

Actually, I disagree with that. There’s a lot of career criminals with way more on their record than Jones out walking around, at least in liberal states and cities. It’s technically only his 2nd DWI I think...he ran away from the accident scene and avoided one the last time. 

However, I think his quasi-celebrity status will work against him. There will be more pressure to punish him as he can’t fade into the background like a Charlie Nobody could. 

Agree. If this was a true OG state like Alaska, driving drunk and shooting off a gun is like daily calisthenics. But he is Jon Jones. And he has a long history with Albuquerque police. Fortunately for him, he can afford the finest in legal counsel, so he may dodge the big bullet. And sickeye you are correct there are plenty of other fighters with far worse police records. Rampage Jackson once led police on a car chase. Jason Miller once held off a virtual army of SWAT police. And both of them are still walking around.

1 day ago
5/31/07
darkness66 -

Its ROLE 

1 day ago
3/13/12

Damnit Jon, u coulda got somebody to drive u man, u can't do dumb shit like this

Edited: 1 day ago
11/24/13

Edited: 1 day ago
11/24/13

1 day ago
6/7/16
SickEye -
Adam The Saint -
darkness66 -

You disagree with giving him time because other people deserve time also? Or you disagree that he’s had enough chances? Or do you disagree that any one of us would be doing hard time for discharging a firearm from a car we’re driving while heavily intoxicated?

I’m trying to figure out what’s so disagreeable with Jonathan Jones going to prison for his crimes.

1 day ago
6/7/16
stainlesssteel -
SickEye -
Adam The Saint -
darkness66 -

Agree. If this was a true OG state like Alaska, driving drunk and shooting off a gun is like daily calisthenics. But he is Jon Jones. And he has a long history with Albuquerque police. Fortunately for him, he can afford the finest in legal counsel, so he may dodge the big bullet. And sickeye you are correct there are plenty of other fighters with far worse police records. Rampage Jackson once led police on a car chase. Jason Miller once held off a virtual army of SWAT police. And both of them are still walking around.

Oh, so two other fighters fucked up, and belonged in jail over it, but didn’t go so naturally, let him off the hook, too. Got it. 

delusional. he belongs in jail for his crimes.

1 day ago
12/7/10

fortunately for Jon Jones, it's the judges decision that counts, not your opinion.

1 day ago
6/7/16
stainlesssteel -

fortunately for Jon Jones, it's the judges decision that counts, not your opinion.

I just looked up the statute for the gun charges. I retract my opinion, according to state law, carrying a gun while intoxicated is a petty misdemeanor in his state. Firing a gun out of a car is a petty misdemeanor. Either of these are a state jail felony in my state, so that’s bizarre, but looking it up, he’s probably not going to do any jail time for those.

2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 30 - Criminal Offenses
Section 7 Weapons and Explosives
Section 30-7-4 Negligent use of a deadly weapon.

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 30-7-4 (2015) 

30-7-4. Negligent use of a deadly weapon.

A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:

(1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

B. The provisions of Paragraphs (1), (3) and (4) of Subsection A of this section shall not apply to a peace officer or other public employee who is required or authorized by law to carry or use a firearm in the course of his employment and who carries, handles, uses or discharges a firearm while lawfully engaged in carrying out the duties of his office or employment.

C. The exceptions from criminal liability provided for in Subsection B of this section shall not preclude or affect civil liability for the same conduct.

Whoever commits negligent use of a deadly weapon is guilty of a petty misdemeanor.

History: 1953 Comp., 40A-7-3, enacted by Laws 1963, ch. 303, 7-3; 1977, ch. 266, 1; 1979, ch. 79, 1; 1993, ch. 139, 1.

1 day ago
6/7/16
stainlesssteel -

As for the dwi:A second offense conviction will result in a minimum jail sentence of 96-hours up to a maximum of 364 days. Any jail term may be suspended in lieu of a term of probation up to 5 years. Fines: There is a $500 mandatory fine up to a maximum of $1,000 plus all court costs.