UnderGround Forums Tyson-RJJ weigh ins

11/27/20 6:14 PM
1/13/10

Roy almost broke character lol

11/27/20 6:47 PM
1/1/01

How is it that I watched a different weigh-in? The one I watched must not have been the official?

11/27/20 6:55 PM
1/13/10
crowbar -

How is it that I watched a different weigh-in? The one I watched must not have been the official?

They do two different ones. One in the morning to see if they are at weight. And then later on they go live. 

Edited: 11/27/20 7:11 PM
1/1/01

OK so it`s like what the UFC does.The one I seen showed Mike getting on the scale first and the background and surroundings was totally different.

11/27/20 7:21 PM
1/13/10
crowbar -

OK so it`s like what the UFC does.The one I seen showed Mike getting on the scale first and the background and surroundings was totally different.

Exactly 

11/27/20 8:33 PM
5/7/09

That was pretty poorly ran.  Interviewer looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

11/28/20 12:05 AM
9/19/13

RJJ looking at Tyson like he seen a ghost that doesn't age.

11/28/20 1:13 AM
1/7/11

I don't follow boxing for shit. Is the Nate vs Jake a real fight, or just a for funsies fight?

Damn, both Mike and Roy looking shredded for their age. Mike looks like he wants it more though. Are they still going with 3 minute rounds or whatever?

11/28/20 1:14 AM
1/13/10
Looky -

I don't follow boxing for shit. Is the Nate vs Jake a real fight, or just a for funsies fight?

Damn, both Mike and Roy looking shredded for their age. Mike looks like he wants it more though. Are they still going with 3 minute rounds or whatever?

8 2 min rounds. And yea Nate vs Jake will be a real fight

11/28/20 1:53 AM
1/7/11
Barry_BondsMVP -
Looky -

2 minute rounds? The fuck. That seems kind of ridiculous. I guess that favors Mike as he can be extra explosive and not worry so much about pace?

11/28/20 4:00 AM
1/13/10
Looky -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Looky -

2 minute rounds? The fuck. That seems kind of ridiculous. I guess that favors Mike as he can be extra explosive and not worry so much about pace?

Yea it’s a silly money grab imo. I doubt Tyson even sparred for this. He likely hasn’t been hit clean in 15 years. Their guarantee split is $12 million, Roy gets $2 million + PPV. I said it on the boxing thread, I’m feeling some kind of lay down from Roy tomorrow lol

11/28/20 4:18 AM
5/2/02

From what I hear they both could use the money.  Great shape considering their age.  

11/28/20 4:24 AM
1/13/10
nottheface -

From what I hear they both could use the money.  Great shape considering their age.  

Tyson is claiming majority of the earnings is going to charity. Roy was living like he was in his 20’s still. Don King still owed him at least a million for his fight with Trinidad, he then had to fight Lebedev because of financial issues. He could of just lived comfortably from his HBO job, but he couldn’t shake that life>

11/28/20 7:06 PM
5/2/02
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

Tyson is claiming majority of the earnings is going to charity. Roy was living like he was in his 20’s still. Don King still owed him at least a million for his fight with Trinidad, he then had to fight Lebedev because of financial issues. He could of just lived comfortably from his HBO job, but he couldn’t shake that life>

Unfortunately old athletes, especially boxers, losing all their money is an all too true cliche.  These guys have all this talent and make a ton of money, but nowhere along the way does anyone teach them how to be fully functioning adults and how to manage their finances.   

11/28/20 7:44 PM
1/13/10
nottheface -
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

Unfortunately old athletes, especially boxers, losing all their money is an all too true cliche.  These guys have all this talent and make a ton of money, but nowhere along the way does anyone teach them how to be fully functioning adults and how to manage their finances.   

Some get burned too. Trinidad trusted a friend who was an investor and lost $35 million

11/28/20 7:56 PM
1/1/01
Barry_BondsMVP - 
Looky -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Looky -

Yea it’s a silly money grab imo. I doubt Tyson even sparred for this. He likely hasn’t been hit clean in 15 years. Their guarantee split is $12 million, Roy gets $2 million + PPV. I said it on the boxing thread, I’m feeling some kind of lay down from Roy tomorrow lol

When he was on JRE recently he said he'd been sparring.

11/28/20 7:58 PM
9/20/19
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

Roy has been atrociously bad with his money his entire life. Dude started a record label as internet music was taking off lol. The only worse move I’ve seen is curt schilling losing 50 million of his own and 75 million of the rhodr island tax payer’s money with that video game studio. 

11/28/20 8:25 PM
1/13/10
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
Looky -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Looky -

When he was on JRE recently he said he'd been sparring.

He also said the TOAD venom told him to get back in shape lol. We’ll see what happens in a few hrs 

11/28/20 8:27 PM
1/13/10
HillboFrateTrane -
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

Roy has been atrociously bad with his money his entire life. Dude started a record label as internet music was taking off lol. The only worse move I’ve seen is curt schilling losing 50 million of his own and 75 million of the rhodr island tax payer’s money with that video game studio. 

He wasn’t a bad rapper though lol. Can’t be touched is a That whole album wasn’t bad actually 

Edited: 11/28/20 10:26 PM
9/20/19
Barry_BondsMVP -
HillboFrateTrane -
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

He wasn’t a bad rapper though lol. Can’t be touched is a That whole album wasn’t bad actually 

No, but he destroyed his finances trying to be jay-z or puff daddy. Bankrolling posses and big parties. Stupid jewelry, hoes, all of those ridiculous expenses. You need a good business plan to support that. Not your friends ripping you off left and right. Mosley lost it all too. DLH is getting there. 

11/29/20 7:55 AM
1/30/10
HillboFrateTrane -
Barry_BondsMVP -
HillboFrateTrane -
Barry_BondsMVP -
nottheface -

No, but he destroyed his finances trying to be jay-z or puff daddy. Bankrolling posses and big parties. Stupid jewelry, hoes, all of those ridiculous expenses. You need a good business plan to support that. Not your friends ripping you off left and right. Mosley lost it all too. DLH is getting there. 

I don’t remember DLH ever flashing bling or being with hoes throwing money around ...as far as I know dude is stacked with cash , maybe Millie took him for some millions when he got divorced , but I’m sure he’s still good ...even if he wasn’t , he can easily make millions with exhibitions or other ventures ...the fact that he hasn’t done either of those confirms that he doing well financially