UnderGround Forums UFC 241 Anthony Pettis vs Nate Diaz - who you got?

9 days ago
8/19/13
edock02 - You guys seriously think Nate is going to last this fight after his lay-off??
3 years off...
1 year maybe, Masvidal did it and look where it got him.
3 years off...

If you just search up his Instagram hes in just about as good shape as hes been in. I don't believe in ring rust for guys that are as mentally tough as Nate. That said it's a hard fight to pick. Pettis has been hammering leg kicks a lot lately. I didn't realise how much he was smashing Tonys legs until I rematched it. Wonderboy It was obviously effecting him.

9 days ago
7/20/10

I love Diaz but Pettis has to many weapons. Low kicks will dictate this fight, could be a Josh Thompson type finish after a bunch of leg kicks... Looking forward to seeing this one though should be a great fight!

9 days ago
8/14/18

Pettis, Nate's been away too long.

Edited: 9 days ago
2/29/16

This being 3 rounds is a good thing for Pettis.

Diaz is the better fighter and both at their best, Nate wins.

Problem is Nate has been out too long and has been too busy partying.

I want Nate to win but I'm going with Pettis either by 1st round TKO or decision.

8 days ago
4/21/12

Only one online bookie is posting prop odds for a Diaz win by KO: +700. 

Pettis by KO is at +550.

Diaz by sub is +750.

So, the online gambling consensus is that the fight will go to a decision, and Pettis is verrrrrry slightly favored to win the fight, at -130. Since neither guy is likely to have a problem making weight, I'd be surprised if there's much change in the odds after the weigh-ins. 

(The main event, by the way, has virtually identical odds in terms of who's going to win, with Cormier a slight -135 favorite. The difference is that the books say the DC/Miocic fight won't go the distance.)

8 days ago
7/22/15

Pettis 

8 days ago
7/22/15

Out points him.

8 days ago
7/16/09

Diaz via Stockton Slap.

6 days ago
6/1/16

My mind is telling me pettis...

but my body...

my booooooooooddddddyyyyy...

is telling Diaz....

6 days ago
5/22/17

Nate’s size and reach is going to give pettis fits. He boxes the shit out of pettis 

6 days ago
12/29/10

Diaz is a perfect matchup for Pettis. Pettis will make it look easy. 

6 days ago
3/14/02

I could see either winning. Both have shown to be susceptible to the assets the other possesses. Size, chin and endurance will be the deciding factor in this fight, so I think Diaz takes it. I would rather Pettis win, kind of tired of Dias drama.

6 days ago
12/29/10
bigconk74fe -

I love Diaz but he is the perfect fighter for Pettis to shine against. Equal ground games, Pettis has no worry of being kod. I hope we can see the showtime kick 2.0.

If Diaz wins it will be due to him getting hurt and Pettis blowing his wad trying to finish. Diaz survives and pours it on and eventually Pettis wilts and gets subbed. 

6 days ago
7/19/13

I think Pettis beats rusty Nate.. 

6 days ago
11/10/18

If Pettis doesn’t get the KO innthe 1st then he’s gonna break and quit like he did against Tony, Dustin, and Max. Not sure how anyone could pick Pettis by anything other than an early finish. Just look at his history against gritty fighters. 

6 days ago
11/10/18
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

I love Diaz but he is the perfect fighter for Pettis to shine against. Equal ground games, Pettis has no worry of being kod. I hope we can see the showtime kick 2.0.

If Diaz wins it will be due to him getting hurt and Pettis blowing his wad trying to finish. Diaz survives and pours it on and eventually Pettis wilts and gets subbed. 

Kind of like Holloway? Lol

6 days ago
10/26/05
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Ha ha. That was in weight class 25 lbs below this. Lol. 

6 days ago
9/20/10

Diaz

6 days ago
9/20/10
chupecabre -
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Equal ground games lol

6 days ago
1/1/01

War Diaz. 

6 days ago
11/10/18
Odinson -
chupecabre -
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Equal ground games lol

Your right, Pettis has a better ground game so it’s even worse. Thanks for pointing that out. 

6 days ago
3/3/18

Nate is going to be twice Pettis' size and is much higher output. Tough fight for Pettis although I think he's got more power and more ways to wni -- Nate I think can only win by boxing volume.

6 days ago
9/20/10
Eskimo -
Odinson -
chupecabre -
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Equal ground games lol

Your right, Pettis has a better ground game so it’s even worse. Thanks for pointing that out. 

12 career submissions for Diaz 

8 for Pettis 

Same amounts of win  Pettis has better kicks Diaz has WAY better hands. Diaz has cardio. You dumb. Pettis could win the fight but I don't see it happening

6 days ago
9/20/10
Odinson -
Eskimo -
Odinson -
chupecabre -
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Equal ground games lol

8 for Pettis 

Same amounts of win  Pettis has better kicks Diaz has WAY better hands. Diaz has cardio. You dumb. Pettis could win the fight but I don't see it happening

Also Diaz is a Carlson Gracie black belt that is some serious credentials. Know that I have no clue where Pettis got his belt and what rank it is

6 days ago
11/10/18
Odinson -
Eskimo -
Odinson -
chupecabre -
Eskimo -
bigconk74fe -
bigconk74fe -

Equal ground games lol

8 for Pettis 

I thought you were talking about Holloway. We agree