UnderGround Forums UFC 241 Yoel Romero vs Paulo Costa - who you got?

4 days ago
11/24/18

Borrachinha by early TKO

4 days ago
4/20/08

How the fuck is Romero's chest so big? He isnt a body builder, he's not sitting around doing bench, dumbbell press and cable flys all day. 

4 days ago
7/22/05
Edited: 4 days ago
12/7/18

I Havent watched much of Costa, so I cant give any kind of breakdown in good faith, but Romero losses to other big muscled up fighters like himself I.e Feijao. I wouldnt be surprised if this ends up just like Romero vs Feijao did. 

I'm Expecting an absolute barn burner of a fight where Romero finally gets KOd in the UFC. Romero does not do well against fighters who can either TIME his explosions (superior skill) or match his explosions (other big muscled up fighters like himself in Feijao and Costa) and simply punch with him. From what little I've seen of Costa, hes a terrific combination puncher who doesnt relent. I won't be surprised if he matches Romero's explosions, punches with him, and knocks Romero out, mid-combination, in an exchange. 

4 days ago
10/26/05

Huge step up for Costa but something tells me he gets it done. 

4 days ago
12/7/18

This really is a terrific match up. Most Romero fights are boring because he will do nothing while conserving the energy for his explosive bursts. You know that a beast of a tank like Costa isn't going to allow that. He's going to step in and try to better him with combinations. He is going to force Romero to expend a ton of energy. He's going to force exchanges, where I feel he will catch him by simply punching with him. Costa is a terrific combination puncher. I also like the way he holds the phone when he punches, returns to guard etc. He does a good job of covering up as many holes as he can while he punches. Im sensing a Garcia vs Khan level knockout. Both throw left hooks in an exchange, Costa catches Romero's hook, his hook flatlines Romero out cold

4 days ago
8/8/18

4 days ago
1/1/01

Yoel via spinning shit

4 days ago
1/1/01
They said the first detonation of a nuclear bomb might ignite the atmosphere of Earth, and all surface life would, in a matter of minutes, be burned up or choked to death due to lack of oxygen.

I'm ready to die, and if this fight brings about the end of days, I am prepared.

I don't think our galaxy is prepared.
12/7/18
Joshinho -

At least it will be an even playing field lol. Steroids vs steroids..the Problem is when you have Jones and Khabib on steroids fighting clean opponents who aren't allowed to be on the same steroids as them. Legal or illegal, the bottom line is that there should be an even playing field. either everyone on the same roids, or no one on riods. Jones and Khabib are the biggest fraudulent cheaters in history, and both are backed by corruption 

4 days ago
10/5/11

I think Costa will be too fast and push too much pace. Costa is the cleaner striker. Excellent fight. Costa by tko 

4 days ago
12/7/18
FetusofFury - They said the first detonation of a nuclear bomb might ignite the atmosphere of Earth, and all surface life would, in a matter of minutes, be burned up or choked to death due to lack of oxygen.

I'm ready to die, and if this fight brings about the end of days, I am prepared.

I don't think our galaxy is prepared.

Sir, are you trying to say that both of these rioded out tanks throwing at each other, will be like nuclear bombs detonating all over the ring? Will it create tears in the time space continuum?

12/7/18
Non N00B -

How the fuck is Romero's chest so big? He isnt a body builder, he's not sitting around doing bench, dumbbell press and cable flys all day. 

Those Cuban steroids. Cuba has some of the most sophisticated steriod programs in the world. All they care about is the Olympics so every Cuban is literally fed steroids from birth. Anyone coming out of Cuba is a steriod experiment 

3 days ago
7/22/05

ttthis Sat.

3 days ago
10/8/08
i'm hoping romero makes weight.
2 days ago
7/19/13

Expecting a last minute injury pull out from one of these guys, as fight night anxiety sets in. 

2 days ago
8/14/12

I put a little money down in costa 

2 days ago
7/10/02
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

I Havent watched much of Costa, so I cant give any kind of breakdown in good faith, but Romero losses to other big muscled up fighters like himself I.e Feijao. I wouldnt be surprised if this ends up just like Romero vs Feijao did. 

I'm Expecting an absolute barn burner of a fight where Romero finally gets KOd in the UFC. Romero does not do well against fighters who can either TIME his explosions (superior skill) or match his explosions (other big muscled up fighters like himself in Feijao and Costa) and simply punch with him. From what little I've seen of Costa, hes a terrific combination puncher who doesnt relent. I won't be surprised if he matches Romero's explosions, punches with him, and knocks Romero out, mid-combination, in an exchange. 

I had never seen this. Almost weird to see Yoel get TKOed.

Feijao is one tough cookie as it's Yoel that was teeing off on him first.

2 days ago
7/10/02
This is the main event for me. Is Pettis vs Diaz worthy to be above them? In any case, that's quite a solid 3 bouts to end the card!

1 day ago
7/22/05
Edited: 1 day ago
7/19/13

What’s wrong with this app? Is the website broken again? I’m trying to load the UG and the OG parts of the app, and it just keeps coming back as “Check back later! This thread currently has no data” or something like that. The forum threads won’t even load for either the UG or the OG. The only thing loading are my subscriptions, hence why I’m posting this in here. Top Men what broke this time? 

1 day ago
7/19/13

ttt

10/4/03
Why does the UG event page list Bogie Ison (1-1) vs Paulo Borrachinha (12-0)?
8/31/10

1 day ago
3/12/15

I can't bet against Yoel unless he's fighting Whittaker.

But you never know at his age he could fall off a cliff any fight.