UnderGround Forums UFC apparently paying fighters for UFC London

4/1/20 11:33 AM
1/1/01

When Bellator 234 was canceled hours before the show, CEO Scott Coker announced that all fighters would be paid. When UFC on ESPN+ 29 in London, England, didn't happen, it was announced that the show would be moved stateside, with some local fighters being dropped; one fight was moved to a Cage Warriors event the next week. Eventually, the show was canceled, with UFC president Dana White announcing that all fighters would get their bouts this year. But with the SARS-CoV-2 global epidemic pushing the timetable into unknown territory.

However, multiple social network messages from fighters on the card appear to indicated that UFC London fighters are being paid.

Nicolas Dalby, who was supposed to fight Danny Roberts in the co-main, appeared yesterday on the Eurobash podcast and discussed the situation.

“All I know is that my manager is in dialogue with the UFC,” said Dalby, as transcribed by Peter Carroll for MMA Fighting. “I think what’s going on is, this is a huge situation and they had to cancel more cards. They’re trying to take a big picture look at how they’re going to do things. I don’t know if there is insurance in place and they have to take account for that. It seems like they’re taking their time and they’re doing that because they want to able to make a proper decision and not a rash, spur-of-the-moment decision.

“It’s taking some time and it’s a bit frustrating. The first of the month is coming up, and I’ve got bills to pay, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be resolved in a nice way, and if it doesn’t, we’ll take it from there.”

4/1/20 5:43 PM
8/15/15

Hahaha I knew I’d find this post buried without a single comment about the UFC paying fighters for the London card. UG you are a bunch of sad fucks who feed on negativity and shun anything positive. People are worse than COVID-19.

4/1/20 6:05 PM
2/24/11

Good to hear. 

4/1/20 6:55 PM
9/22/11
Charlie Hustle -

Hahaha I knew I’d find this post buried without a single comment about the UFC paying fighters for the London card. UG you are a bunch of sad fucks who feed on negativity and shun anything positive. People are worse than COVID-19.

So they should get a.pat on the back for doing the right thing..... eventually?

Leaving the fighters in the dark until they finally made their decree isnt cunty?

If they waited this long, then they were weighing up how much shit the would cop if they didnt pay.

4/1/20 7:19 PM
11/8/08
BringBackGoldy -
Charlie Hustle -

Leaving the fighters in the dark until they finally made their decree isnt cunty?

If they waited this long, then they were weighing up how much shit the would cop if they didnt pay.

Some people can never admit whem they're wrong. Smh.

4/1/20 7:29 PM
8/2/11
Charlie Hustle -

This 100%

4/1/20 10:13 PM
7/27/04

Awesome!

4/2/20 4:11 AM
3/23/06

Good on UFC 

4/2/20 5:37 AM
3/30/14
JoeHurley -
BringBackGoldy -
Charlie Hustle -

Some people can never admit whem they're wrong. Smh.

What part of his post do you feel is inaccurate?  If Dana had ever stated the fighters were going to be taken care of (like Coker did immediately) it would never even be a topic of discussion