UnderGround Forums UFC investors reportedly get $300 million dividend

11 days ago
1/12/07
multiculturaljoseph -

Blood money. What a fucking joke that is. What a fucking laugh to have Marky fucking Mark out earning most fighters. Fuck the UFC and 19% fighter pay.

If Bernie gets elected, I hope someone gets the Ali act to his desk and ruins Dana's blood money bank.

If Bernie wins the UFC and the USA are out of business

11 days ago
7/31/09
TFK_HossPearson -
Michael De Santa -

And not a penny of it came from my pocket. I invest my time & emotional energy. That's more than enough.

The ppl proud of theft always intrigue me. Are you cooler? Tougher? Smarter? 

Stealing from thieves. It's a non issue IMO.

11 days ago
1/1/01
SpunQ -
multiculturaljoseph -

Blood money. What a fucking joke that is. What a fucking laugh to have Marky fucking Mark out earning most fighters. Fuck the UFC and 19% fighter pay.

If Bernie gets elected, I hope someone gets the Ali act to his desk and ruins Dana's blood money bank.

If Bernie wins the UFC and the USA are out of business

Lol no. Shit will hit the fan in a lot of ways but USA will okay mostly. UFC not so much. Ali act would ruin the value. Dana better donate those millions to the Republican Party and cut Conor/Jones some more be quiet checks.

If Conor/Jones decides to lead unionization in retirement, it's game over for the blood money bank.

And both of them should as they left who knows what on the table dealing with that company.

11 days ago
8/2/19
Kings21 -
TFK_HossPearson -
Michael De Santa -

And not a penny of it came from my pocket. I invest my time & emotional energy. That's more than enough.

Stealing from thieves. It's a non issue IMO.

Just curious, by thieves are you referring to the guys who bought a million dollar business, sunk 10s of millions into it, and then years later ended up selling it for $4 BILLION.... Or are you talking about the people who collectively spent $4 BILLION to buy a business and are now taking money from their own business?

11 days ago
8/7/12
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

"We pay our fighters significantly more than any other MMA organization. They deserve it."

They deserve 40%. At least. They deserve to be called high paid employees with access to a pension and health care, you piece of shit.

How many people are you paying anything to you virtue signalling social justice warrior bitch?

Get that corporate dick out your mouth ya simp.

Oh what a surprise... You pay $0 to 0 people but want to tell others how much they should be paying their staff.  Fuck yourself clown.  Go start a business and pay people whatever you want.

Dana? That you? I employ enough people to know a sports league that pays out 19% is run by pieces of shit. Get your dick out your mouth lol

When you say "enough" people are you talking 10, 100, 1,000 people? Im sure your succesful it what ever it is your doing but dont act like what ever your doing is on the same level as the UFC. 

Fighters know what they are getting into long before they sign on the dotted line of a contract. They are as much to blame as the company itself. I wonder how much those original investments were and how they equaled out to what ever dividends were paid to them?

Stop acting like the fighters are being taken advantage of. They chose this career, it was not forced on them. Nobody forced them at gun point to be fighters. No one is stopping them from seeking gainful employment else where (once their current contracts are up that is). 

11 days ago
8/2/19
JOESONDO -
jspeed -
JOESONDO -

Ponzi scheme

I don't think that means what you think it means.

It doesn't mean when you set up a sham investment company that only makes money by funneling funds from new investors to previous ones? Kind of like how WME would have done if they were allowed to go public?

The dividends are derived from revenue, not from other investors.  Glad I could clear that up for you.

11 days ago
8/2/19
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

"We pay our fighters significantly more than any other MMA organization. They deserve it."

They deserve 40%. At least. They deserve to be called high paid employees with access to a pension and health care, you piece of shit.

How many people are you paying anything to you virtue signalling social justice warrior bitch?

Oh what a surprise... You pay $0 to 0 people but want to tell others how much they should be paying their staff.  Fuck yourself clown.  Go start a business and pay people whatever you want.

Dana? That you? I employ enough people to know a sports league that pays out 19% is run by pieces of shit. Get your dick out your mouth lol

Ok Bernie, relax.  The virtue signalling is pathetic.  We get it - if YOU had a league you'd pay everyone 110% and they'd all be millionaires.

11 days ago
9/22/11

16% is an embarrassingly small number for everyone involved.

11 days ago
5/6/16
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
TFK_HossPearson - 
Michael De Santa -

I actively supported the UFC by buying every PPV when they were struggling. I don't buy PPV's anymore. The cards aren't worth it.

Same, Cards now are barely worth $19.99
11 days ago
3/26/13

A lot of entitlement flying around this thread...

11 days ago
1/1/01
jspeed -
JOESONDO -
jspeed -
JOESONDO -

Ponzi scheme

It doesn't mean when you set up a sham investment company that only makes money by funneling funds from new investors to previous ones? Kind of like how WME would have done if they were allowed to go public?

The dividends are derived from revenue, not from other investors.  Glad I could clear that up for you.

That's only because they couldn't go public and scam the general public. Now they are draining their reserves to pay out the original investors.

I should have been more specific, though. Failed  Ponzi scheme. 

11 days ago
10/22/14
stainlesssteel -

The UFC will reportedly be left with $50 million in cash after the dividend.

No hate for Wahlburg and The William sisters and the rest of the investors, they deserve a return on their investments, but what about the fighters who paid with their investment in bone and blood?

If you assume 300 fighters on the roster, and they were each given a dividend/bonus of just $10,000, it would cost the UFC just $3 million of that $50 million.

Southwest Airlines has 60,000 employes, 200 times that of the UFC fighter roster, and Southwest is giving employee bonuses that amount to several thousands of dollars per employee. And the UFC does not have to maintain a fleet of planes or purchase hundreds of tons of airline fuel.

The UFC is a take take business. All they want to do is take from the fighters and the fans. Never want to in any way give anything back. At McDonalds, at least every now and then you get a coupon for a Big Mac or some free fries.

The NBA and the NFL has been the multimillion dollar foundation of success for many many players. Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, it's sad that the only two people the UFC can point to with multimillionaire success are Dana White and Conor McGregor.

Profit sharing isn't the same as distributing dividends. Plus companies don't just have a good year and decide to "profit share" it's something that is built into their compensation structure.

Also the UFC has much higher costs compared to other sports because they do their own production, so its really hard to evaluate on a % basis. Also they are a new sport and need to invest more money in growth than other sports. It's just not the same business, can't compare it. You're also talking about a fighter who only generates revenue 2 nights a year for the UFC on average compared to other sports where players are generating revenue anywhere from 10-150 times a year. 

Jon Jones also earned more money than his brothers in the NFL. GSP was earning 10 million+ a year. Brock was making at least that much probably more. There are more but yeah of course not to the level of other sports (outside of conor) because again UFC fighters compete way less frequently, there is less revenue to go around. 

If UFC distributed a higher % to fighters they'd have to reduce their costs, which means not producing their own events and probably also means not investing in growth. Which just in the end will be a higher % of a smaller revenue to fighters. 

Not saying UFC shouldn't pay their fighters more. They probably should but in my opinion the way to do this is with a smaller roster and more frequent fights not through paying a higher %. If the average guy starts fighting 4-5 times a year instead of 2 you instantly double his income. They're already training year round anyway. On top of that it will build names much faster which should increase revenue and give the ufc the ability to pay the fighters more. 

11 days ago
7/22/11

"The Post reports that UFC fighters cost the league less than $150 million in 2019, under 16 percent of its $900 million revenue that year. The NBA and MLB pay out approximately half the yearly revenue tp athletes."

16 % fcking percent

UFC owners you are scumbags of the earth. These athletes are the best in the world in their craft and theysacrifice their health, looks, and possible braindmg everytime they compete...

11 days ago
8/2/19
Sabaki -

"The Post reports that UFC fighters cost the league less than $150 million in 2019, under 16 percent of its $900 million revenue that year. The NBA and MLB pay out approximately half the yearly revenue tp athletes."

16 % fcking percent

UFC owners you are scumbags of the earth. These athletes are the best in the world in their craft and theysacrifice their health, looks, and possible braindmg everytime they compete...

You don't know 90% of that roster.  Neither does anyone else.

11 days ago
8/2/19
JOESONDO -
jspeed -
JOESONDO -
jspeed -
JOESONDO -

Ponzi scheme

That's only because they couldn't go public and scam the general public. Now they are draining their reserves to pay out the original investors.

I should have been more specific, though. Failed  Ponzi scheme. 

"They" don't need 'reserves'.  "They" need a certain amount of revenue to opperate through the year, and the rest "they" can pay out in dividends... to themselves.  Which is what they're doing.

And don't worry about not being specific enough - after reading your drivel no one is going to take you seriously anyway.

11 days ago
4/19/17

Lol all of you whinny bitches.... They can pay whatever they want. If you don't like what they pay, don't fight or don't watch.... Pretty simple. 

11 days ago
4/19/17
Sabaki -

16 % fcking percent

Lololol boo hoo crybaby. They sacrifice their looks and their brand? This isn't Instagram you bitch.

11 days ago
8/2/11
multiculturaljoseph -

Where the fuck did you get 40% from? Are you going to go tell your local nightclub or bar that their staff deserve 40%?? 

I know it is a MMA forum but the lack of basic business or economic knowledge or basic common sense on the UG, manifested in hate against the UFC never ceases to surprise me

Edited: 11 days ago
5/31/07

Ari is adamantly against UFC going public. Endeavor wouldn't be worth as much," the source said, and added that they also "don't want the fighters to know exactly how profitable the UFC is."

This wasn't actually quoted was it? Who would say this on record?

11 days ago
1/2/07
ThatsHowIRoll -
multiculturaljoseph -

Where the fuck did you get 40% from? Are you going to go tell your local nightclub or bar that their staff deserve 40%?? 

I know it is a MMA forum but the lack of basic business or economic knowledge or basic common sense on the UG, manifested in hate against the UFC never ceases to surprise me

Perhaps from what other top level professional sports leagues pay their players.

11 days ago
8/2/11
EnderinAK -
ThatsHowIRoll -
multiculturaljoseph -

Perhaps from what other top level professional sports leagues pay their players.

Ding ding ding ding correct! WHY?

Because other top professional sports people such as NBA players are NOT paid by 'the' or 'an' organization like the UFC.  They are paid by the team franchises. A huge fucking group of huge fucking companies own each individual team- for EACH of which I would be willing to bet without even checking, gross a whole lot more than the UFC does yearly

11 days ago
9/16/05
multiculturaljoseph -

Hard to offer a pension or healthcare in this industry. Someone may only be given a shot.

Or someone may have a career.  I would guess that the average time spent in the UFC is 2-3 years (which is generous.)  They have a rotating roster.  They need people that can compete at "UFC level."

This isn't a government position.  They don't have the finances to give everyone pension.

11 days ago
12/7/10

duh

I completely don't get why some people are so hostile to another man bettering his life. If it makes zero difference to you whether or not a fighter gets $10,000 or $100,000 for a fight, why go all -well fuck em, they signed a damn contract! But bruh, zero percent is coming out of your pocket, so why hate on the man's shine??

The fact is that this change is coming, with or without the consent of the UFC. You can't ungenie the genie.  And the ESPN contract is not into perpetuity. Things will change, because they have to.

The UFC still deserves credit for what they have done thus far. There are fighters that do make bank. Jon Jones, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Daniel Cormier, Holly Holm, Kamaru Usman, probably have no issue their pay. But for every one of them, there the Johnny Walkers still pulling $41K to show.

The UFC has done a lot, but more can be done. Maybe initiate a Fighter Revenue Generator Dept. To come up with ways fighters can generate revenue outside of fights. For example put a surcharge on ticket sales at the venue. In Minnesota, the Target Center holds 19,340 people. If you sell out the card, a $2 surcharge per ticket yields $38,692. Assuming 10 fighters on a 5 fight main card, which each fighter carrying 3 cornermen, $38,692 would give each of the 30 cornermen a $1,289 check. Just from a $2 surcharge, which most ticket buyers would not even notice.

Why would the UFC do this and not just screw over the fighters any chance they get? Because it's the right thing to do, and it reinforces the value to the fighters that the UFC cares about them and their corners and training partners.

That's a great thing for the UFC, that's a great thing for fighters, and it's a great thing for the fans.

11 days ago
9/22/11
Lights Out Lurker -
Sabaki -

16 % fcking percent

Lololol boo hoo crybaby. They sacrifice their looks and their brand? This isn't Instagram you bitch.

Oh fk off with that shit you fken troll.

If anyone thinks 16% is a good number or says dumb shit like "well dont fight then,you have a choice" you are either a contrarian fool or just a plain old cunt.

11 days ago
1/1/01
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -
jspeed -
multiculturaljoseph -

Ok Bernie, relax.  The virtue signalling is pathetic.  We get it - if YOU had a league you'd pay everyone 110% and they'd all be millionaires.

Shut up bitch I said 16-19% is a joke because it is, especially for a sports league pulling in 1b. Not having a union by now is a fucking joke. UFC takes advantage of fighters and fighters let them. It is what it is. Don’t deny it.

Zero reason other than corporate greed that Zuffa can’t increase fighter pay to 30-40% in the next two years. They can implement a shitty tiered system for bullshit Reebok checks but can’t get a pension together for 3 year veterans? Fuck off idiot.