UnderGround Forums UFC messing with Conor

8 days ago
6/19/10

When Conor v Cowboy was to happen, and didn’t, the explanation provided by MMA pundits was UFC was getting a steady stream of 600k buys from the ESPN deal. Therefore, they didn’t need to pay Conor since PPV buys aren’t as important. Further, they didn’t want to have a non title fight PPV headliner. 

Pretty lame ass argument I thought. 

Fast forward to BMF fight. The non title fight explanation was obviously incorrect. Regarding paying up?  

Diaz and Masvidal will earn a pittance of what Conor commands. Yet, it sounds like it will be at a rate that may only be lower than what Conor, J Jones, Khabib and DC make. 

So why the fuck is UFC paying these guys if they have a streaky stream of 600k buy revenue?

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01
500, not 600.

And if it goes over 500, the UFC gets more money.
8 days ago
6/19/10
RKing85 - 500, not 600.

And if it goes over 500, the UFC gets more money.

So why won’t they pay Conor if they can pay Diaz/Masvidal?

Isnt it better to have 70% of a watermelon than 90% of a mango?

8 days ago
6/19/10
ufcwatcher -

I thought Conor and Cowboy didn't happen because UFC wanted to keep it a 3 round fight instead of a headliner because they know he can't do 5 and Conor didn't accept?

Dana said they don’t do non title PPV headliners. He’s so full of shit sometimes. 

Just like when when he said he might not hear from Nate for 3 years and then Announces BMF two days later. 

8 days ago
11/8/08
Yamie Jagerbomb -
ufcwatcher -

I thought Conor and Cowboy didn't happen because UFC wanted to keep it a 3 round fight instead of a headliner because they know he can't do 5 and Conor didn't accept?

Dana said they don’t do non title PPV headliners. He’s so full of shit sometimes. 

Just like when when he said he might not hear from Nate for 3 years and then Announces BMF two days later. 

It's called negotiation tactics. 

8 days ago
9/24/18

Yeah they're messing with their biggest cash cow ever. They obviously are colluding to make sure their biggest draw never fights again. Seriously.

Conor/Cowboy sounded like Conor declined to be a co-main, therefore it was HIS decision to not fight, not the UFC's. 

8 days ago
1/14/12

There was a lot going on the sexual assault story was getting more talk with the media at the time as well.

8 days ago
9/22/11

Id say conor wanted 20ish and they offered him $10ish million.

8 days ago
1/1/01

It's only business.

8 days ago
9/7/19
BigTedBear - 

There was a lot going on the sexual assault story was getting more talk with the media at the time as well.

yeah and i think its going to blow up again
8 days ago
12/15/11
JoeHurley -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
ufcwatcher -

^

7 days ago
6/19/10
Jones right nostril -

Yeah they're messing with their biggest cash cow ever. They obviously are colluding to make sure their biggest draw never fights again. Seriously.

Conor/Cowboy sounded like Conor declined to be a co-main, therefore it was HIS decision to not fight, not the UFC's. 

Not paying him his market value genius is what happened. 

We have the numbers for PPV payouts from contracts. If they’re lowering that number arbitrarily, it’s their business decision. 

But a major horseshit move against the fighters. 

7 days ago
6/19/10
JoeHurley -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
ufcwatcher -

Thanks for the explanation. I would never have realized this on my own.  

Compare this to any other team negotiating with a player and you’ll quickly find that none of them take the extreme measure Dana took with this “negotiation” stance. 

7 days ago
8/11/15

If Conor takes a fight his personal life will overshadow the fight, and he will be exposed. Losing all of his limelight. Rapist. Sneak. Addict. 

When you have to sneak an old man at that level you are the epitome of losers. How do go from professionally squaring up with the best in the world to sneaking an old man. 

It’s very strange 

7 days ago
9/24/18
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Jones right nostril -

Not paying him his market value genius is what happened. 

We have the numbers for PPV payouts from contracts. If they’re lowering that number arbitrarily, it’s their business decision. 

But a major horseshit move against the fighters. 

Where are these PPV payout numbers? I’ve never seen detailed breakdowns of what a fighter got from PPV points. 

7 days ago
11/10/18

They absolutely didn’t want the BMF fight to headline a ppv. They were backed into that position when usman and Colby fell through. 

That said, I’m not sure they think Conor is a good investment under the new model, especially for a non title fight. I’m not sure they’re wrong. Will casual fans(the bulk of Conor fans) actually sign up for espn plus and buy a ppv through an app? Im not convinced they will. Where as the BMF fight will do well with hardcore fans that probably already have the app and it may pull some holdouts over. 

7 days ago
1/10/13
Eskimo -

They absolutely didn’t want the BMF fight to headline a ppv. They were backed into that position when usman and Colby fell through. 

That said, I’m not sure they think Conor is a good investment under the new model, especially for a non title fight. I’m not sure they’re wrong. Will casual fans(the bulk of Conor fans) actually sign up for espn plus and buy a ppv through an app? Im not convinced they will. Where as the BMF fight will do well with hardcore fans that probably already have the app and it may pull some holdouts over. 

People don't buy PPV's anymore, or atleast they really shouldn't. It's faster, easier and free to watch the fights on certain streaming sites. On top of that the quality of the stream is significantly better than the garbage streaming on ESPN. My friend paid for the DC-Stipe rematch and the stream froze so many times I had him go to a site known for streams and it was a better picture with not one issue. 

Even is the stream was perfect, I'll quit watching the fights before I ever pay for ESPN+/ and or another card.

6 days ago
7/30/03
boxing wiz -
Eskimo -

People don't buy PPV's anymore, or atleast they really shouldn't. It's faster, easier and free to watch the fights on certain streaming sites. On top of that the quality of the stream is significantly better than the garbage streaming on ESPN. My friend paid for the DC-Stipe rematch and the stream froze so many times I had him go to a site known for streams and it was a better picture with not one issue. 

Even is the stream was perfect, I'll quit watching the fights before I ever pay for ESPN+/ and or another card.

Can those streams be viewed on a smart TV? I probably should know this by 2019 but I don’t.

6 days ago
11/10/18
boxing wiz -
Eskimo -

Not judging and I don’t care what others do, but I’d never steal a stream. If I don’t pay, then I just won’t watch. 

6 days ago
12/7/18
Jones right nostril -

What a regar

6 days ago
12/7/18
Jones right nostril -

What a retarded post. The fact the UFC could ever dare try to put Conor (the biggest star ever) in a co-main event slot, is a disgrace. They were trying to do him dirty. Conor is main event and main event only. Pacquiao/Canelo/Floyd, they would never co-main to anyone. For all the shit people talk about boxing, boxing actually treats its biggest stars right. The UFC was trying to pull a "powerplay" move to try and devalue Conor. 

6 days ago
12/9/18
Slave feet -

If Conor takes a fight his personal life will overshadow the fight, and he will be exposed. Losing all of his limelight. Rapist. Sneak. Addict. 

When you have to sneak an old man at that level you are the epitome of losers. How do go from professionally squaring up with the best in the world to sneaking an old man. 

It’s very strange 

Sounds like you’ve been sneaked 

6 days ago
3/18/14

The dude held up two divisions. He had his chance

6 days ago
3/12/15
ufcwatcher -

Psychotic conspiracy theories from deranged Conor haters. 

5 days ago
9/3/18
Yamie Jagerbomb -
ufcwatcher -

Put some respek on the #BMF title... that’s the real belt..